Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TLK SE Collector's Set $39 in Canada

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up TLK SE Collector's Set $39 in Canada

Heads up to my fellow Canadians, The Real Canadian Superstore in the Vancouver area is selling the TLK SE Collector's Set for $39 CDN. That's the best price I've seen advertised so far!

For the rest of Canada (as far as I know), Wal-Mart and Future Shop are selling the set for $42 CDN.

I pre-ordered the set from Amazon.ca where it's also $42 but with free shipping and a $5 coupon, I'm happy. If anyone wants the coupon code I'll glady give it to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Heh, small isolated city here with none of those stores! We have a Video Express though, and they're very good.
    I'll trade a wheat and a sheep for the first two treasures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Angry Disney Changes TLK Animation for DVD

As I'm sure most of us have heard by now, Disney altered some scenes from the original TLK for the IMAX and DVD releases. The SE DVD is excellent but this really bugs me. How much further will Disney go to "improve" their classic movies?

This is but one example of the blasphemy they've committed:

[SIZE=small]Original TLK crocodiles from "I Just Can't Wait to be King"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]New IMAX and DVD TLK crocodiles from "I Just Can't Wait to be King"[/SIZE]

Link: http://www.animationnation.com/cgi-b...=1;t=006655;p=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It really upsets me. They have lost so much of their love for this movie, and we are the ones who suffer the loss. As long as they see the dough, they obviously no longer care for "masterpieces".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Heh, now I know how the lionesses felt when Simba told him he was responsible for Mufasa's death. "It's not true. Tell me it's not true!" :Ohno:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ehhhhhh, crocodiles looks kinda handicaped in the new wersion o.O bahhhhh

but thats not the worst, I think..... The new version of those birds are so, ehhmm, ugly! In the original version they looked so beautifull and realistic, but now? It looks like a cheap cartoon, drawn for 4 to 5 year old childrens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    :badnews: Definitely, guys. Definitely. Bad stuff, bad stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yes is bad, but is only 2 ou 3 seconds of the movie the part with the crocodile. that will not broke my pleasure of have and see the lion king on DVD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

TLK SE sells 3M copies in first few days

Rejoice! The re-release of TLK on DVD and VHS has been a roaring success! (Like we doubted it.)

Buena Vista Home Entertainment, under whose umbrella Walt Disney Video falls, reports that the title sold 3 million units in its first days on sale. Buena Vista senior VP of marketing Gordon Ho says, "This will be one of our biggest shipments of all time." Disney is expected to announce first-week sales numbers on "The Lion King" Tuesday (Oct. 14).
    Link: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp..._lion_dvd_dc_1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is comming out the 15 october here in france, i will running buy it the first day for be sure to not have a out of stock

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That is excellent news indeed! I thought it would sell well, after all, it's hard NOT to like the movie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yeah it did sell well 3m in two days!!!! it is amazing!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah, I got the Collector's Set for $38.00. I got my set at Costco, it's the best price I could find.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Ziba
    The new version of those birds are so, ehhmm, ugly! In the original version they looked so beautifull and realistic, but now? It looks like a cheap cartoon, drawn for 4 to 5 year old childrens
    I know! I like how the birds look in the original version! They do look beautiful and realistic. And I hate how the crocodiles look, it seems like they move too slow also. I remember hearing about this before The Lion King was shown on IMAX. When I saw The Lion King on IMAX, I did notice the change. Why did Disney change that scene? What was wrong with the old one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    is that some kinda joke? after they said they wanted to put hard work into it they just wanna make it look like something oyut of pokemon???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Smile DVD Reviews

From Official U.S. Playstation Magazine, November 2003 (all typos are my own, except for "humor"... ):

"This film was created at the height of the most recent golden age of Disney animation, which, alas, appears to be crashing and burning. The Lion King shows what Disney did right: This is an epic story of murder, revenge, and kingdoms, craftily disguised as a cuddly film about animals. The artistic design is brilliant and stretches to accompany everything from low humor to sinister high art (the echoes of Leni Riefenstahl are a nice, nasty touch), and Jeremy Irons and animator Andreas Deja turn in one of the great animated performances with Scar, the vain usurper. Even the music is tolerable. This DVD package provides a special edition of the film (with an additional song, ? la Beauty and the Beast) as well as the original film, commentary tracks, deleted scenes, sing-alongs, and music videos, plus a second DVD that tracks the progression of the material through production. including the hit stage version. Get it. Who knows is Disney animation will ever be this good again."

Movie Score: 5/5
    DVD Extras Score: 4/5

As it turns out, that's the highest score of the month, tied with the Indiana Jones boxed set. At least the magazine's worth something, other than a means to get a PS2 demo disc. You won't believe the amount of ads that can be present in one magazine...

Any other reviews found on- or off-line?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I go to this site a lot, and I forgot about the review this site gave LK:PE. Go Here to check it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I understand why everyone is disappointed, but it still shouldn't take away from TLK. I still enjoy the DVD very much, even with Disney's mistakes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's a couple reviews from two of my favourite DVD sites:

Home Theater Forum: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=161157

The Digital Bits: http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews3/lionking.html

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well in TLK DVD mutch better qualitty and mutch of information from TLK so that's why i buy it. ( i have TLK in finnish&english and TLK 2 in finnish&english). So there is mutch simple things that all is good to check out.

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.