Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Restoration

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ah, thanks for the info, Nathalie. Should I merge this account with your current one then or leave it?

Quote Originally Posted by Guntur View Post
    I deleted my first account in rage back on 06, I wish I would just use that account. I believe this is my forth or fifth account or name change on this beautiful site.

Anyway if you find Phoenix, or Guntur, or Fendi, on the database that would be me and I would love to merge it if it's possible.

Okay, I checked what you wrote and yes... you really had many accounts or names
    I found both "phoenix" and "Fendi" and merged them now into your "Guntur" account. It really looks better this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dare View Post
    Yes please
    Aye aye!

I merged them and updated your postcounts, ranks and of course the thread information. Have fun!
    Last edited by Kirauni; April 27th, 2014 at 09:45 PM.

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Also, I just wanted to say that I love the added smilies :P

Though... haven't a few of the old ones changed? I don't remember ): (: and o: (but mirrored, of course) being these before.

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    so exciting!! Thanks so much

Avatar drawn by Azerane - thank you! :3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirauni View Post

Okay, I checked what you wrote and yes... you really had many accounts or names
    I found both "phoenix" and "Fendi" and merged them now into your "Guntur" account. It really looks better this way.
    I just love the expression.

Thank you for retrieving and merge my account.

if lion_roog is still in the database I will inform him to rejoin the community.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KanuTGL View Post
    Also, I just wanted to say that I love the added smilies :P
    Thanks! It's nice to get some feedback. I'd do more if I have some time to spare. But for now we go with some new Timon and Zazu smileys. I just love that bird...

Quote Originally Posted by KanuTGL View Post
    Though... haven't a few of the old ones changed? I don't remember ): (: and o: (but mirrored, of course) being these before.
    Yes, that could really be the case. You know the "generic smileys" like the ones you mentioned were imported from the backup as well so they might have "overwritten" something.
    Unfortunately, the smileys you just posted are the "new" ones, if I'm not mistaken? At least here I can see Nala, Sarabi and Kiara in your post. But when I browse the board with my mobile app, I see them as "normal" yellow smileys. Could you explain a little bit which ones were the original? I'd replace them then. Thanks for pointing that out! It never occured to me ^^'

Quote Originally Posted by Simbaspirit View Post
    so exciting!! Thanks so much
    You're welcome! I'm glad I could help.

Thank you for retrieving and merge my account.
    Same here. I'm glad we finally could retrieve those accounts. And if I'm not mistaken it was just in time for Lea's anniversary, right?

if lion_roog is still in the database I will inform him to rejoin the community.
    As far as I know, he is. At least while I checked the threads I noticed that his name has been mentioned. Wait... I think that's his profile:
    http://www.leahalalela.net/member.php?283

It would be great if you could contact some old members like him. Maybe they want to come back and have a look at it. Oh... but in case he forgot the password, he probably can't have it e-mailed. The script had some problems with the e-mail addresses, so I didn't save them. But he could write me or another admin and we could send him a new password.

~ Brom, "Eragon".

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I guess you could merch my old account with this one, it's all "me" anyways, lol.

I hadn't had any time yet to really look through stuff in there, when I'm on, it's on my phone, I hardly manage to get behind my laptop lately *sigh*

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It would be great if you could contact some old members like him. Maybe they want to come back and have a look at it. Oh... but in case he forgot the password, he probably can't have it e-mailed. The script had some problems with the e-mail addresses, so I didn't save them. But he could write me or another admin and we could send him a new password.
    Guess we should invite the old members through facebook, I know some of the old timers use Lea's Facebook group to keep in touch with the Lea friends.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That's all right Nathalie.
    I've merged your accounts as well.

And Guntur, it would be nice if you could contact him. I don't have a facebook account so I won't be able to help you there.

~ Brom, "Eragon".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I already contact lion_roog and SimbaTheLion on facebook. and I just made a post about the old account has been recovered on Lea Group in Facebook.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thank you! I've just sent a password remider to SimbaTheLion. Hopefully he'll find his way back here. Let's wait and see.

Oh and I noticed that deleted accounts could not be transfered because back at Lea 1 (or was it 2... I'll never know ) deleted accounts seem to have lost their usernames as well. So the script had to replace the username by a joker-name like "zero" (since the user's id was 0). But that led to a little bit of confusion, so I renamed "zero" to "unregistered user" now. I Hope that's better.

~ Brom, "Eragon".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For some of you know, I'm currently PM my lea friends in Facebook to rejoin the community as I said that their username database are still intact and ask 'em if they are interesting to join back into the pride.

Well I'm here to relive the community like it was on the peak of it's time. Hope my mission here are doing well.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wow, nice job Kirauni! It's weird going back and reading some old posts, seeing all these old member's names that I have once forgotten about. Unfortunately, I don't think that is going to make those people rejoin. But it's still cool to go back and read some of those old posts. But I can't believe some of the posts I made in the past, they're embarrassing.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharifu View Post
    But I can't believe some of the posts I made in the past, they're embarrassing.
    I feel the same.

Thanks for doing this Kirauni, it makes me feel all nostalgic again.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Heh, yes I know how you feel. I've experienced this with other boards I helped restoring, too. But hey, that's our past and it kind of made us who we are now, right?
    Or as Rafiki would say: It doesn't matter, it's in the past.

When I went through the pages I noticed that there are still some threads missing. At least if I compare the total numbers of the threads from here with the backups, there are some threads missing. Either the numbers in the backup were wrong (which could be) or we didn't restore all the threads. Occasionally, I'll go through the databse table manually and try to find out if there are really some threads missing. But that takes a lot of time and patience, and I'm not sure when I'll be done with that. But it's something to look out for.
    I just wanted to inform you all about that.

~ Brom, "Eragon".

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Spam account? I'm at work, I can't really do anything about it now, in Rafikis tree.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That doesn't have anything to do with the restoration, but thanks for mentioning. I've just noticed it myself and taken care of it.

~ Brom, "Eragon".

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I know, but its hard to quickly type between work, so couldn't browse to someplace else really fast.. Managed to remove the threads though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ah, I see. i hope you don't mind me moving our posting to a new thread? There we can discuss things if another spambot should come here.

I've "soft deleted" the threads at first, so that only the staff can view the threads. I wanted to have a look at them later and try to find clues how the bot managed to get past our questions. But I guess you were faster. Oh well, now they are gone and I hope we won't get to see another one of those nasty spambots soon.

Thanks for deleting the threads

~ Brom, "Eragon".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharifu View Post
    But I can't believe some of the posts I made in the past, they're embarrassing.
    *echoes KS post*

HAHA yeah, I posted it on the chat section too.

Well to me those were the good times we all had.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yes, that could really be the case. You know the "generic smileys" like the ones you mentioned were imported from the backup as well so they might have "overwritten" something.
    Unfortunately, the smileys you just posted are the "new" ones, if I'm not mistaken? At least here I can see Nala, Sarabi and Kiara in your post. But when I browse the board with my mobile app, I see them as "normal" yellow smileys. Could you explain a little bit which ones were the original? I'd replace them then. Thanks for pointing that out! It never occured to me ^^'
    Yes, I meant that the "new"/replaced smilies are Nala, Sarabi and Kiara. I can't quite remember what the "o:" used to be, actually, but I think the sad smilie used to be of cub Simba and the smile used to be of Mufasa? Anyone else remember? xP

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!