Originally posted by Lunarcat

that's really great, seriously, but those still are not countries.
That is true...but I feel that grouping by countries is very inaccurate considering that one country may consist of many different cultures. Also, Native American, and some other tribal cultures are sometimes considered their own nations within countries. For instance, the Apache reservation is considered the Apache Nation. They have their own government even though they still have to abide by some of America's law regarding certain issues.

The ideology towards money is a cultural one, not a national one. You can have a nation that is capitalist but have cultures within that nation where money has very little value to the way they live their life.

Actually, another way to look at it is that Sesshomaru was talking about American society with her statement...considering a country cannot establish how people feel and view money and material goods...that is done at a societal and cultural level, as I explained before. So if she was infact referring to American society, which all societies are made up of various cultures...then my remarks about the !Kung Bushmen, etc would stand as valid due to the fact they they, themselves, are societies and cultures.