Originally posted by Dyani
I don't care if America is overly religious, or not religious enough. I care about when people are not open to other peoples views or just dislike a country for no reason.

Fortunatly, there are many reasons either side to dislike America or Europe. All based on either a person, a country/state or a group of people. Generalisation should stop here. Not ALL America is bad, just like not ALL Europe is bad. I don't know about the rest of you guys but I'm fed up of hearing about how one country is good and other is bad. Sounds like children calling each other names.
Exactly, I don't exactly think highly of the US, because of the times I've had abuse thrown at me by fat Texans whilst I was there. However I do realise that there are nice people over there and that is why I don't hate the US, because I know that not everyone is like that.

However as Kiva pointed out, most Americans dislike Europe and the UK in particular, I have no idea why, but they do. Maybe one of you could explain to me why?

But yes, xenophobia is childish and pointless. My opinion is summed up in Dyani's first paragraph, respect for other people/countries is what the world needs.