You have already mentioned that, and it actually does mean open minded...it is actually derived from that meaning. What I mean is that liberal meaning "open-minded" influenced it being used to describe those people that want to change aspects of society. This matches when you have liberals supporting changes such as gay marriage, etc etc. Open mindedness is perfectly fine, but I dont support many of those changes that liberals support.

I don't believe that this is major objective of European governments and that they are behind it. I believe that the people in power, and many people in those countries (the ones that put them in power) dislike the U.S for various reasons, and so they are against things that differentiate us from them. What I mean is that the majority of Europe is not as religious as the U.S..because they dislike us, this is some ammunition for them when wanting to criticize our policies or how our country runs etc. Obviously they cannot directly influence it in most case...but being the popular belief in Europe...it is natural that is spread to other like-minded individuals in the United States that CAN directly effect our society here. So, no, Europe is not to blame directly...but most of Europe holds a viwpoint that others in this country pick up on, and then use to "attack" us. Which in turn, is supported by those same people who dislike us in Europe. I don't think it is anything like a conspiracy if that is what you are getting at. I believe it is popular belief held by liberals in Europe (that make up the majority) that spread to lliberals here in the U.S. I'm not blaming, just pointing it out...and suggesting that since a large area of the world such as Europe holds a view such as this...it is no wonder that it can influence other people within the U.S.

There have been PLENTY of Christian presidents...probably the majority...and I don't think that Bush is any different other than the fact that he mentions his faith in speeches...also perfectly fine.

~Kiva