Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Careful with Ebay's "Global Shipping Program"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Careful with Ebay's "Global Shipping Program"

I don't know if some of you actually buy many things abroad, but I thought I'd share this with you.

If you are like me and you live outside the US and love to buy TLK-Stuff at Ebay.com you've got to be careful.
    If you live inside the US and sell things on Ebay internationally you also have to be careful.

Especially if you buy or sell something from Ebay inside the "Global Shipping Program".

At first it sounds tempting... you already pay shippment and tolls and taxes when you checkout and now when you finally get the item. Sometimes the shipping costs also appear cheaper. And if you are a seller you can sell your item internationally and you only have to ship it to a "man in the middle" in the US. Sounds good, doesn't it?
    But as some people stated on the internet, this comes at a cost.

Go see for yourselves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZwZgcoc_zw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLLrqz1Esj4
    (At 5:51 it starts to get interesting, a seller's point of view)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xez2zeKrKaQ

Too bad, because it sounded like a great idea. It would have made things much easier.
    Last edited by Kirauni; January 29th, 2014 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Added another video-link

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I just don't know why some sellers can't ship directly to international customers, even if this cost more, at least the sellers could have more control in shipping. ...
    It just sad hearing things like this. EBay was a source for me getting things from outside Brazil, but since things started to be lost, I reduced to zero my purchases there.

Enviado de meu XT687 usando Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoPE View Post
    I just don't know why some sellers can't ship directly to international customers, even if this cost more, at least the sellers could have more control in shipping. ...
    Yeah, I would be uncomfortable sending it to a third-party person before mailing, that makes it so much longer and at least if I send it, I know how it gets handled before being mailed. A third-person you don't know if they're throwing it around or kicking it or what.
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Are these the auctions where they ask a ridiculous shipping price, and also add a custom price with the auction?

Because sometimes I see an auction, for like 1 pin, and it says "shipping 23 $" and then underneath it'll say "custom charges 17$" (just putting a number on it, but they are usually very high for my country).

Does it mean you have to also pay that 17 $ to the seller?

When I see something I want, and notice it's one of "those" auction, I just click it away and don't bother anymore.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu