I'm sure you've heard of it if you're an American who watches the news. I can't say that I know too much about the law other than it's being introduced as a bill in California, and it would make it a criminal offense with up to one year imprisonment to spank a child four years or younger.

Personally, I think the government has no place to be getting involved here. The main support is coming from politicians who say that spanking is the same as beating a child and there are better ways to discipline a kid other than spanking. I hold my right to raise my children (whenever that may be) how I see fit very high, and I won't put up with lawmakers telling me that I can't reasonably spank my kid. My parents spanked me, and I'll tell you, sometimes I couldn't sit for hours at a time. I learned my lessons pretty quick, though, and honestly, I'm glad they did spank me when I was younger. Sometimes I think society's going soft, and I see no reason for this issue to become a law. In my opinion, this just isn't the government's place.