Originally posted by Only-now
This is already being discussed in another topic..and I don't feel like getting into another debate here...but marriage is not a right Sonique...just as driving isn't. Any church, or judge/legal-person-who-can-marry-people can say that they don't want to marry two people for whatever reason. The government doesn't have to provide for marriage..and the church is seperate and can make its own decisions...and it is also not protected by the Constitution. So...no one has the right to marry..straight or gay. If it were a right, we wouldn't be having a debate on how to establish it etc. Freedom of speech and expression have nothing to do with gay marriage..as gays are allowed to say just as much as straights, as well as express themselves as much as they want (even if it is asinine) This is all I am saying though.

On a side note, I am also starting to get tired of the amount of cursing I see at Lea...definitely has built up over the years.

~Kiva
Eh, I wouldn't say that gay people have just as much an ability to express themselves. Simply admitting that one is homosexual can easily result in removal from a military or federal occupation. Likwise, homosexual people have little to no discrimination protection in a good number of states, though many companies have taken it upon themselves to add such a policy (Which is one thing I commend a lot of companies for). While one can't currently be arrested for being openly homosexual, they can lose their government job, and I consider that a violation of a person's rights and the general concept of an equal, democratic society.

Also, outside of freedom of speech, I also think it's wrong that a homosexual person cannot see his or her partner in the hospital if the person is seriously injured. Another thing that miffs me is how so many states are trying to ban gay adoption.