Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting? The Big Problem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    two days? ...the meat would be almost non-edible by then...

Originally posted by Pnt
    I know someone asked a while back about what my favorite/least favorite form of hunting was (I think it was Anon). Personally, I'm okay with all forms of hunting except dynamite fishing and remote controlled hunting (ie, controlling a gun from the internet). I also extremely dislike poaching, but that falls within illegal hunting practices. I have a lot of respect for bow hunters. I do a lot of archery, and I gotta say, anyone who can succeed at bow hunting really knows their stuff.
    yeah, I did ask, and I agree, bow hunting is hard.. I like to do archery too... but when hunting.. there's such a small target in the animal you have to hit or else it is useless... I like the bow... but very slim chance of me ever hitting anything with it ... I've caught a lot of tree stumps though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by A-non-a-mus
    two days? ...the meat would be almost non-edible by then...

Not always, the meat can actually stay fresh enough for some edible uses for quite some time if taken from the inside (and far from a wound).

And yush, I can't count how many tree trunks I've nabbed with a bow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The funny thing about people who feel all humans should be exterminated is they typically never consider themselves or those they care about in that generalization. And of course don't bother to think that almost every human on the planet is someone somebody else cares about.

I think it's a lot of cowardly talk from people who aren't willing to face the depressing realities of life. They can sit there and moan about how awful humans are, and how each new human that is born is one too many, but they'd obviously never off themselves or murder their own family to cut down on the population. It's easy to wish for the death of a perfect stranger, especially when you'd never have to actually carry out the act. That doesn't take any courage whatsoever.

If all the time these people spent whining about their hatred for humanity were actually spent -doing- something about it, like devoting their lives so animal conservation programs or helping to spread the word about birth control methods, then I'd be a little more willing to believe they honestly care enough about the issue to wish death upon their own species.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SpiritWolf77

I think it's a lot of cowardly talk from people who aren't willing to face the depressing realities of life. They can sit there and moan about how awful humans are, and how each new human that is born is one too many, but they'd obviously never off themselves or murder their own family to cut down on the population. It's easy to wish for the death of a perfect stranger, especially when you'd never have to actually carry out the act. That doesn't take any courage whatsoever.
    This reminds me of something I learned about in Anthropology, and that's for every time period humans have been in existance we have abused resources and created garbage...but since there are 6 billion people alive there is a lot more of an impact than in the past when it was maybe 50 million people.

And I was thinking about human population...if every family on earth was allowed to only have one child, I do believe that would curb the world population growth and possibly reverse it after so many generations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by lion_roog
    And I was thinking about human population...if every family on earth was allowed to only have one child, I do believe that would curb the world population growth and possibly reverse it after so many generations.
    Aye. Unfortunately it's nearly impossible to enforce something like that. China is an excellent example. High rates of parents simply abandoning "extra" children out of fear of disobeying the law.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Aye. Unfortunately it's nearly impossible to enforce something like that. China is an excellent example. High rates of parents simply abandoning "extra" children out of fear of disobeying the law.
    Hmm...wasn't there a sci-fi movie that had to do with this subject where everyone had to be killed after a certain age to keep the population low?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The funny thing about people who feel all humans should be exterminated is they typically never consider themselves or those they care about in that generalization. And of course don't bother to think that almost every human on the planet is someone somebody else cares about.

If all the time these people spent whining about their hatred for humanity were actually spent -doing- something about it, like devoting their lives so animal conservation programs or helping to spread the word about birth control methods, then I'd be a little more willing to believe they honestly care enough about the issue to wish death upon their own species.
    This is why I don't mention that detail about me any more. I don't want to be called these things, and neither will STL once he reads this. We have views, we are allowed to think them.
    Its not like I think *OMG MUST KILL HUMANITY* all the time, just when humanity really does hit me as particularally stupid species because of something. For example, there has been this huge container ship crash off Cornwall in England. Ignoring all the sealife that has been damaged and covered in oil along half the coastline of this area, the newspapers are saying about these F**kups who have stole some of the cargo and actally sold it on Ebay. Its stupid things like this that annoy me.

Edit - Also, China's laws on children is working. The population is reducing. Only problem is, the idiots only want boys in the family. Hmm.. I wonder. Say we have a whole generation of boys and no girls... gee thats intelligent eh? Once again... damn humanitys idiocy.

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by lion_roog
    Hmm...wasn't there a sci-fi movie that had to do with this subject where everyone had to be killed after a certain age to keep the population low?
    Logan's Run?
    In the book, you're killed at 21.
    In the movie, you're killed at 30.

Originally posted by Dyani
    the newspapers are saying about these F**kups who have stole some of the cargo and actally sold it on Ebay.
    That doesn't make them stupid, Dyani...that just means that they have different priorities.
    ...well that and stupid news sells. People would rather be entertained with stupid thief stories than bummed out by environmental disasters - and that's not always because they just don't care.

As for China wanting more boys than girls...well, traditionally in many cultures a male child is considered to be more desirable - religion, earning factors, traditional gender roles, all these play into this. It doesn't make it right, but it's an idea that I've seen even here in Western culture.

Eh, ya know...whether humans do stupid things or not, we're still the only species that can recognize our stupidity and also have the capabilities to do something to fix it. Far be it for me to take the optimistic route, but sometimes you need to look past the stupid crap and take a look at the potential.

Maybe we should take this to a thread entitled "Humanity? The Big Problem".

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Wicked
    Logan's Run?
    In the book, you're killed at 21.
    In the movie, you're killed at 30.

Maybe we should take this to a thread entitled "Humanity? The Big Problem".
    Its either Logan's Run or Brave New World...

If we re-titled it that, trust me.. flaming would be so bad we'd all be pouring water on our moniters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think I like what Sw77 said,

Usually those who hate humans or want to kill them, dont want to live themselves(duh) or just hate life(Emo in my opinion). the one's that want to live enjoy life, and could care less.

so many emo's on this boards Damn you.

and to regard your statement STL I saw a shirt that said:

"Knive's cost more thanks to Emo's, Kill Emo's, Lower the price of Knive's"

Was funny. If anything I think the people that want to die, Should just die honestly if you're going to go on so fucking much about how bad Humanity is, Why don't you either DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT or just DIE I mean seriously stop complaining about your life and get it over with. Over and over you hear people say "i'm leaving the internet, killing myself" they leave, show up the next day "i couldn't do it' when in reality they just went to sleep, went to school, came home.

Ugh Idk really

No offense to anyone in this thread, just ticked to be honest.

But hey Simba, Realize this, Because you wish death, add yourself to that 9,900.

You're bad.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Kovu The Lion
    I think I like what Sw77 said,

Usually those who hate humans or want to kill them, dont want to live themselves(duh) or just hate life(Emo in my opinion). the one's that want to live enjoy life, and could care less.

so many emo's on this boards Damn you.

and to regard your statement STL I saw a shirt that said:

Was funny. If anything I think the people that want to die, Should just die honestly if you're going to go on so fucking much about how bad Humanity is, Why don't you either DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT or just DIE I mean seriously stop complaining about your life and get it over with. Over and over you hear people say "i'm leaving the internet, killing myself" they leave, show up the next day "i couldn't do it' when in reality they just went to sleep, went to school, came home.

Ugh Idk really

No offense to anyone in this thread, just ticked to be honest.

But hey Simba, Realize this, Because you wish death, add yourself to that 9,900.

You're bad.
    Here comes more flaming

Number One, you can't say people that hate humanity are emos/want to kill themselves. Wheres your evidence for this in the first place, since you demand evidnce in other threads you might as well try and back yourself up on this one? Anyway, I love life!

Number Two, you say *the one's that want to live enjoy life, and could care less.* Could care less that we are basically raping the planet? Pollution etc? Thats a very selfish outlook. ~If I don't see it, it doesn't matter~ sort of argument, like ignoring Global Warming.

Number Three, nice T-Shirt slogan.

Number Four, basically your last full paragraph was directed towards Emos, not Hunters. Try to stay on-topic please.

Number Five ... do you have a point to your argument other than flailing about being ticked off at Emos and claiming that theres *so many emo's on this boards*? Just a question.

Number Six, for an English speaker, please be doingz betterz spellingz plz. Goodz examplez.

ONTOPIC
    So yeah, back to hunting. Is fishing really hunting? I never thought it was. Should it only be considered hunting if its to catch an use the fish? Otherwise its for sport. In my opinion, the sort of fishing you do in a river/pond/sea using a rod shouldn't be complained against. Most decent anglers actually release the fish because they know that they will grow and reproduce.
    Whaling is a different matter. It seems a bit barbaric the way they do things. Especially those countries that do it illegally or in *the name of science* when they aren't actually doing that.

Lets just say don't get me started on SHark fishing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Kovu The Lion

Or my favorite:

"I wish my grass was emo, so it would cut itself."

I wonder about some of you.

The same people talking about stoping hunting are at the same time talking about killing humans.

BIG DIFFERENCE.

Still, I don't think that emos should just all die out. They are annoying as hell sometimes but they are people. (it's not like they are animals or something. )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
    Don't start giving me crap about having a 'messed up little brain', just think how you were some time ago.
    Yes, some time ago. Meaning I've now healed and moved on in life as a happier person, you should try it sometime.

I remember I saw on a t-shirt once: "Stupid people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them."
    Define stupid people. To me, someone who believes they should've been born a lion, hates humanity with a passion, wishes death upon himself, his family and 90% of the world is a stupid person. You've just given up on yourself haven't you? I noticed you blocked me again for like the umpteenth time for reasons unknown to anyone but you. In case you hadn't noticed, I was trying to rekindle the friendship we used to have, but as usual, stubborn Chris didn't want to know. So I don't care anymore, if you wanna kill yourself then please go ahead, I won't miss you. I'm sure the feeling's mutual too, for some reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Heya, STL you can talk to me if you want? Even if I'm hardly online you can always email me on me hotmail account. I check those daily.

Lol at hypocrisy of humanity. I'm just about all with you STL!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As for being "cowardly", what a joke, if I was really pushed to the edge I'd do as much damage as I could before killing myself. It hasn't come to that yet though.

"Life's a *****, and then you die."
    You sound a whole lot like one of those who try to shoot up their schools ... Doing something like that does not make a non-coward, that only makes a greater coward... and I think it's good that you don't know how to hunt and therefore have no access to guns anyways... My advice to you would be to get away from the city, live on your own in some secluded place away from public until you begin to more appreciate those around you... and even if you don't begin to, you'll be living with nature and therefore be happier that way anyways...

ONTOPIC
    So yeah, back to hunting. Is fishing really hunting? I never thought it was. Should it only be considered hunting if its to catch an use the fish? Otherwise its for sport. In my opinion, the sort of fishing you do in a river/pond/sea using a rod shouldn't be complained against. Most decent anglers actually release the fish because they know that they will grow and reproduce.
    yeah, fishing is considered a form of hunting. Strange as that is... even when they release the fish, even though it's a sport ... it's like hunting for pictures, still called hunting though you don't actually catch something... (though you do shoot and capture [it's a camera joke... laugh ])
    I agree it shouldn't be complained against, as they do usually put the fish back, and only fish for what's high in number...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There's also the fun irony of caring about the deaths of "innocent animals" (many of which kill just as many other "innocent animals," fyi) but forgetting that the extermination of the human race would also result in many innocent deaths.

Basically, people who hate humanity for their treatment of/attitude towards other animals seem to display the same attitude towards their fellow humans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here comes more flaming

Number One, you can't say people that hate humanity are emos/want to kill themselves. Wheres your evidence for this in the first place, since you demand evidnce in other threads you might as well try and back yourself up on this one? Anyway, I love life!
    STL.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, right, I'm stupid - not quite sure how that one works *Pokes his IQ and grades*.

Look in the dictionary for a definition of stupid if you must...
    Perhaps you should actually, since you clearly don't seem to know the real definition of the word. Stupidity covers a much wider spectrum than just academic intelligence, poking your IQ and grades does nothing for you here. So you've proved that you're academically intelligent, but from the insane comments you posted in these threads lately, it proves you're stupid in the common sense/moral department.

Something you keep forgetting to understand in your messed up adolescent mind; is that just because someone didn't do very well in school and didn't get good grades, doesn't mean that they're stupid, something which you seem incapable of understanding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tiikeri can we go beyond the name-calling please? Don't say silly things unless you want to have an argument back. Play nicely.

KTL - How is the phrase *STL* an answer to this? Isn't there something in the forum rules about one-word answers anyway? Please try and give a bit more information, otheriwse you sound childish.

SpiritWolf77 - I can see your point when you say *Basically, people who hate humanity for their treatment of/attitude towards other animals seem to display the same attitude towards their fellow humans.* Its a fair enough idea, and I may actually agree with it. (STL don't misunderstand me on this.) Since humans are scientifically, if not morally, classed as animals, if we hate humans we are ahtng a specific type of animal. This can degrade our point. Its similar to hating sharks or lions.

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Tiikeri
    Perhaps you should actually, since you clearly don't seem to know the real definition of the word. Stupidity covers a much wider spectrum than just academic intelligence, poking your IQ and grades does nothing for you here. So you've proved that you're academically intelligent, but from the insane comments you posted in these threads lately, it proves you're stupid in the common sense/moral department.

Something you keep forgetting to understand in your messed up adolescent mind; is that just because someone didn't do very well in school and didn't get good grades, doesn't mean that they're stupid, something which you seem incapable of understanding.
    That will be quite enough sniping at each other.

I really don't want to close this thread because a few people are unable to conduct themselves with proper decorum. (and this doesn't just apply to Tiikeri either)

We're here to talk about hunting, not to compare egos/IQs.
    If you must continue this childish argument, take it off the board. If you've been blocked, well, tough. Either way, this board is not the place to bring your squabbling.

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.