Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: The Lion King 1 1/2 Early Details

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I saw it in Bible class... I thought that it started off really good because the jokes were funnier and more mature, but then after Timon left the colony things got crappy, fast.
    Teenage Simba looked funny, and his voice was actually lower than Matthew Broderick's (did he do the voice for that? It sounded really different...).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Idk, the only parts I liked in the thing were ruined by comedy, what few parts there were. *shrugs*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well firstly, i've only watched it once, which shows i'm not all that eager to watch it again.

When i did watch it i didn't like it much. It was a bit funny in parts...but it just had nothing that the original or the 2nd movie had. The Simba growing up scenes were my favourite, but i'd already seen them since Disney put them up on the TLK1.5 website

It's not like i hate it though. I do think it's better than a lot of other movies that are out there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My bible teacher thinks that it's better than the second one.
    I haven't seen the second one, but I'd imagine that 1.5 would be better...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SimbaTLK1
    Yeah, the Simba scenes were cool. Cuz Simba is cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Xinithian
    My bible teacher thinks that it's better than the second one.
    I haven't seen the second one, but I'd imagine that 1.5 would be better...
    Why?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think that Tlk3 is fun because we learn the story of Timon, Pumba and what happens during Simba's adolesence. But there is some scene that breaks the TLK spirit, like the scene where Rafiki presents baby Simba.
    That's it^^
    :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I liked it actually, I liked it better then SP..I would have rather seen a TLK prequel or maybe..sequel but I didnt really like the SP chars that much :E

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Xinithian
    Teenage Simba looked funny, and his voice was actually lower than Matthew Broderick's (did he do the voice for that? It sounded really different...).
    It was Matthew Broderick, but it was released almost ten years after the original movie, so it's possible his voice changed somewhat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Lion King 1 1/2 (3) was indeed a bitter disappointment. The artwork was questionable in some scenes. My friend Sarafina happened to create 3 new frames replacing Nala's appearance from the movie to prove that the artwork was terrible.

Also, certain time issues involved suggests that Simba had a growth spurt when Timon and Pumbaa found a place to call home behind Pride Rock just after the presentation, and on the very next day Simba was performing Just Can't Wait to be King.

I really think the movie is only targeted for a young audience. Also, it is a parody, how Timon and Pumbaa remembered their life on Pride Rock. Interesting at best, but rent before you buy. This movie is no comparison to the original.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I actually thought the drawings were good, Nala looked fine to me, yet the anatomy was sometimes a bit of a worry for the lions. From the screengrabs that I've seen, it doesn't seem to stay consistent, most of them look really good, then others look allmost terrible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There were a few scenes that I had admired. Of course, Teen Simba being the most liked, and when Timon had parental issues raising Simba. "I'm gonna get old crossing this thing." That was indeed amusing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by The Sonic God
    My friend Sarafina happened to create 3 new frames replacing Nala's appearance from the movie to prove that the artwork was terrible.
    Do you have a link to Sarafina's Pictures? I looked through her gallery at TLKFAA, but couldn't find what you are talking about. I'm interested to see what Sarafina did, because she has such beautiful artwork.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah...Nala's face was really wide and fat in SP and TLK 1.5.

Very odd....meh. =P

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SimbaTLK1
    Do you have a link to Sarafina's Pictures? I looked through her gallery at TLKFAA, but couldn't find what you are talking about. I'm interested to see what Sarafina did, because she has such beautiful artwork.

Sarafina's artwork is beautiful. And when I did see TLK 1 1/2 for the first time, I did think Nala looked funny, and so did my sister. Really though I wrote a long opinion about what I thought about this movie in that link I posted above...
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    very nice. Seems if disney could have just made the nala's muzzle (I guess thats what u'd call it) smaller, It would have fixed 90% of the problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yep, that's the one. Saffy's on the left, originals on the right. You can clearly see how much better Saffy was than Disney.

Makes me wonder on why Disney hired such poor quality artists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Makes me wonder on why Disney hired such poor quality artists.
    Aw, Its not the animators fault, everyone seems to blame the Australian animators. They have a low-budget, they can pull-off top quality animation if they had the chance.

Not to sound rude but I don't think even Sarafina could have done a better job if she was hired. She's only drawn a few of Nala, the animators have to draw hundreds. It's extreamly difficult and it's no wonder that Nala appears off-model time to time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's someone's fault. We know this is poor quality, and we know that they could have done better.

Everyone is so worried about money these days... money, money, money.

Couldn't they have tried a little harder? I wouldn't mind paying $24.95 for a DVD, just as so long as I got what I paid for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I disagree that its poor quality, anyhow, Disney isn't exactly what it use to be The original movie wasn't exactly perfect either.