Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: The Lion King 1 1/2 Early Details

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Oh well... It's television animation, what do you expect? I don't think they really cared. Nala was barely even in the movie, so I guess they didn't care if she was that on model since she barely had any screen time. I didn't really like this movie much at all. Even though SP has it's flaws, I think it is so much better the TLK 1 1/2.

I would of rather had Disney work harder on SP, better animation, fill the plot holes... Maybe make it a theatical release. Of course feature animation would of been better, but there have been DTV animation sequels released in the theaters. (Peter Pan 2 and Jungle Book 2 comes to mind) So why not SP? TLK was Disney's highest grossing animated film. I think they could of done better for a sequel. Don't get me wrong, I like SP, but I think Disney could of tried harder. As for TLK 1 1/2, I could really care less if they made it or not.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Except for the bit where T&P are trying to raise a 'wild' young Simba, I absolutely hated it--I know it was a parody but it made a travesty of the whole CoL...just a stupid make-money-quick thing IMO.

P.S.: There's a search button. Unless you want to incur the wrath of Nathalie, the super-mod, use it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Try not to make threads thats made already just bump up the old one if you have something on topic to say

however I thought it sucked entirely, really dissapointed in the fact that the animals bowed because they were 'falling over' -__-

Kovu

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Agree with KTL, TLK3 was dire. I'd have thought that Disney would've learnt their lesson after SP, which was equally as dire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    it was now i loved SP to

but not tlk 3...i LOVE timon and pumba series on the tv..but this was just...bla...its not "The lion king" withnot a lion as a main carecter >.0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by shadow
    ...its not "The lion king" withnot a lion as a main carecter >.0
    Yeah, I agree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I didn't like TLK3 at all. The storyline seemed too poor for my liking for obvious reasons.

I'd rather Disney have not made a TLK3 tbh, cause I think a sequel was by far enough. And heck, Disney even messed up on the sequel in parts, in my opinion anyway. You would've thought that they would've realised that they're only increasing the chances of taking away the magic of the original even after SP was released.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
    I prefer TLK2 by far to the original, but TLK3 is too comical and silly for my liking.
    Agreed...what were they thinking?? perhaps one person said..."hey..i like timone and pumba most" so they took that as everyone liked them the best..so lmade it all around them.... we are not impressed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    not really Cova

ya see in the original " TLK 1 " when Simba met timon and pumba the meating would be "diffrent" as they sung abut " when pumba was a young warthug" orignaly it was thought of sining when Timon was little and ran away (and then comes pumbas song) i prefure that whole thing better " they sketched it and befure the song the meating was more fun" but i guess they couldent drop that idea and wanted the big question mark for all the kids abut timons past and how he meet pumba....personly id prefure leaving it to a mistory rather then squesing it all in to a move with other voice acters doe to that its so "late" that the original one arnt there (in swedish atleast)

but that aside...i really like timon and pumba series..but this was by far a movie i just keep it on my shellf just becuse it is a TLK 3....even though in my point of view is not...

(not english version of TLK 3 is 1/2 )

AND i do like SP alot but not as mutch as the first but as far as it goes for me it still has the disny magic in it

SP had great music animation and hard work in to it...not like Brother bear 2 >.0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i so hate SP, its like a regular sequel movie, and god i hate them x.x

for third movie i found it quite fun, it was like the first movie, just in a different view, we all knew what was about to happen, story and all was just lame, but i still think it was better than the second one ... Now i might be known as the biggest SP hater ever, but ... the third movie easily beats the second no matter what anyway, nuff said. Dunno if we could actually have skip it since its the first, or just keep the TP series which are like the same, but the jokes and songs (some of them) are good and such, so i still like its actually existing ... Swedish version is so much worse, for Timons voice etc, what the heck where they thinking ... He has been havin three different actors now, first on died, second one was best (apparently he and the guy who do pumbaa were chosed as the best fitting TP voice couple in the world Oo), and the third one ... Gee >.o one thing i absolutely hate with the movie. Best part is when they find simba tho, gotta luv that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I know that this thread hasn't been touched in awhile.. but I thought i'd give my own little opinion about the movie. I happened to love this movie to bits. ^__^; I thought it was so cool and I was more than pleased when I found out it was about Timon and Pumbaa, seeing as besides Simba they were my favorites.

Either way I still really loved this movie, I loved teh animation I thought it was downright beautiful and smoothe. Also the songs were pretty good, kept that worry-free feel going that they were going for.

However, I'm now ready and hoping to see more about the Lion Cast! Because despite that Timon is my fav, I still love all of those lions to bits too!

This is actually my second favorite movie out of the Lion King trilogy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I actually like the movie! i thought it was really funny, i dont know wether it was because i was in a hyper with *sue* but i really did like when we watched it at our disney night!!

I liked the song "Diggah Tunnah Dance" and when timon and pumbaa have to distract the hyenas i thought it was soo Funny!!

The sweetest bit is when they have to look after SImba when he grows up but i agree that it isnt really "The Lion King" without a lion as the main character.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    YAY!!! I'm not the only one on this forum then who actually liked TLK 1.5!! It's actually my second fav TLK movie. I thought that the jokes were really good,a nd I enjyoed seeing everything from Timon and Pumbaa's eyes! ^^ Not to mention getting to know more about Timon's past. I've always wondered about it. (Even with that episode of T&P that came out. ^^; ..heh..)

I loved the animation and everything.. ^^;; It brought me the most happiness that I had, had in a LONG time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry too bump this but I really like TLK 3 or TLK 1 1/2 or Hakuna Matata.

I'm a big fan of parody and I'm sure Disney make this movie for all movie-goer and to all parody fans. *Sorry if this sound like Bashing TLK 2* If compared to TLK 2 TLK 1 1/2 are far more better in art wise. Because IMO Simba is paranoid and Kiara little giggling is g*ddamn annoying.

Grazing in the grass? Man I really like this song and download the old version (Friends of Distinction) and jazz version (Bonny Jones) This song give me such impact on 2004 and one of the best song I ever heard in my lifetime.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I cant say I liked or disliked it. True, they did butcher the gorge scene and a few others, but I tell myself it was a parody. I liked the whole teen Simba and when Timon propsed to Shenzi. Loved the facial expressions during that scene.
    It's just a movie to casually watch and not take too seriously

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Fendi
    Sorry too bump this but I really like TLK 3 or TLK 1 1/2 or Hakuna Matata.

I'm a big fan of parody and I'm sure Disney make this movie for all movie-goer and to all parody fans. *Sorry if this sound like Bashing TLK 2* If compared to TLK 2 TLK 1 1/2 are far more better in art wise. Because IMO Simba is paranoid and Kiara little giggling is g*ddamn annoying.

Grazing in the grass? Man I really like this song and download the old version (Friends of Distinction) and jazz version (Bonny Jones) This song give me such impact on 2004 and one of the best song I ever heard in my lifetime.
    you are the one to blame for why I am getting spam in my inbox then, this thread has to be really old for me to receives messages when someone replies to it. I turned that function off the first year I joined!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    why would anyone post in this thead at all?! lol its soooooooooooo old! xP

its sad though...remindes me of the time Mufasa and Sarabi where active...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Simba '04
    you are the one to blame for why I am getting spam in my inbox then, this thread has to be really old for me to receives messages when someone replies to it. I turned that function off the first year I joined!
    Oh, Sorry bout that. Just trying to keep on topic
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group