Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lion King 1 1/2 Early Details

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Lion King 1 1/2 Early Details

From Disney:

Hilarity reigns in this all-new movie starring Timon and his windy pal Pumbaa -- and featuring the new song "That's All I Need"! Now, in THE LION KING 1 1/2, see how things really happened -- according to their perspective -- in this rip-roaringly funny story within the story of THE LION KING. Find out the truth about some "passed" events -- such as when King Mufasa introduced his young heir to the animal kingdom. Let's just say there was something behind that dramatic moment when all the animals bowed to their new ruler! In this all-new comedy-adventure, Timon and Pumbaa reveal the true hullabaloo behind their departures from their meerkat and warthog 'hoods. Tag along as the two buddies from the brush search for their dream home, share their joys and trials as they raise young Simba using the "Hakuna Matata" philosophy, then cheer them on as they help Simba save the Serengeti and reclaim his place atop Pride Rock. Nathan Lane, Matthew Broderick, and the original voice cast return for this all-new hysterical musical tale -- and meet colorful new characters like Timon's Ma and Uncle Max! Get ready for some king-sized fun with Timon and Pumbaa, the greatest unsung heroes of the savanna. They were there . . . and they ain't LION!
    Link: http://disneyvideos.disney.go.com/mo...s/3120503.html

This doesn't sound too appealing. I probably won't be picking it up but I might give it a rental.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not looking forward to this at all. It's not what The Lion King was meant to be. I doubt I'll even rent it until I hear how it was by word of mouth. I'd rather not spoil my own ideas!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The only reason I will watch this movie is because it is a Lion King movie. At least they didn't keep the "Hakuna Matata" subtitle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Didn't they? I read that the Hakuna Matata subtitle was removed in North America, but in Europe they've since kept it... it's confusing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not as confusing as Japan's Final Fantasy games, I guess Disney is taking a page from Squaresoft.

Heh, slightly off on a tangent: Square's turned into a sequel-making company (direct sequels, I mean... there've been Final Fantasy "sequels" for years), and Disney's turned to naming their stuff two different ways. Should've known that Kingdom Hearts would mix things up!

Back on topic: I'm glad I don't live in Europe, then!
    I'll trade a wheat and a sheep for the first two treasures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe they are, I think it's poor judgement on their part! There could have been plenty of stories to describe were they to think of making another sequel. Timon and Pumbaa aren't important enough to deserve such a limelight. I want to know about the pride, not everything about a meerkat and a warthog. They have their own show, isn't that enough? Besides, it's THE LION KING, not THE MEERKAT AND WARTHOG KING.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by CW Tyger
    Not as confusing as Japan's Final Fantasy games, I guess Disney is taking a page from Squaresoft.

Heh, slightly off on a tangent: Square's turned into a sequel-making company (direct sequels, I mean... there've been Final Fantasy "sequels" for years), and Disney's turned to naming their stuff two different ways. Should've known that Kingdom Hearts would mix things up!
    Square has always relied on sequels for success. The few times they actually try to create something unrelated to Final Fantasy or Chrono Trigger or Secret of Mana it usually fails. Kingdom Hearts is an exception. And much like Disney they haven't made many good things in the last few years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes here it look be coming out with the name TLK 3 Hakuna matata

i'm sure for the subtitle Hakuna matata because i see it at
    www.leroilion.com (huh sorry this one is in french)

That weird, yep, but we also need to wait 2004

the smiles are funny here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kingdom Hearts is an exception.
    I have that!

But, I haven't had a chance to play it with school and my stupid flu.

I know Haley Joel Osment's voice is in it, and LOADS of Disney characters. Have you played it? Is it good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Vitani
    I have that!

But, I haven't had a chance to play it with school and my stupid flu.

I know Haley Joel Osment's voice is in it, and LOADS of Disney characters. Have you played it? Is it good?
    It's a good game, you can even summon Simba during battles to fight for you. There's also a ton of scenarios from previous Disney movies like The Little Mermaid, Aladdin etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Heh, I've yet to play Kingdom Hearts. And I also forgot about the Mana and Chrono games. I was thinking more like Kingdom Hearts II and Final Fantasy X-2, both of which take place about two years after the originals (KH and FFX). And (to bring the conversation back to TLK related stuff, sort of) Kingdom Hearts: Chain Of Memories seems to take place between KH nd KH2, so I've begun calling it Kingdom Hearts 1 1/2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hoped TLK3 would be about how Mufasa and Scar grew up, or continuing after Kovu was accepted to the pride, before I started hearing rumours(and later real talk) about the Timon and Pumbaa I'm dissapointed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wanted to see Kovu's and Kiara's return too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by CW Tyger
    And (to bring the conversation back to TLK related stuff, sort of) Kingdom Hearts: Chain Of Memories seems to take place between KH nd KH2, so I've begun calling it Kingdom Hearts 1 1/2.
    No worries, Kingdom Hearts is only semi off topic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's a screenshot from the movie courtesy of UltimateDisney.com:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *sigh* this is a sad sad moment for us lion lovers and a great glorious moment for the meerkats... anyways they should have had the title "Timon and Pumbaa: 'BLAH BLAH BLAH" it would have made a whole lot more sense!!!! then i wouldn't really be so angry with disney right now

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I wonder how this movie will turn out. I would also much rather have the movie mainly about the lions... I mean come on, it's called the LION King! But I'll still see the movie, hopefully it will be an ok movie.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the neat pic, Mufasa!
    And yes, they should not have called the new movie The Lion King 1 1/2. I was so excited at first since the beginning of this year when I heard a 3rd +TLK movie was being made, only to have my heart fall when I heard it concentrates on Timon and Pumbaa. I will probably still watch it though, as at least there's Simba, Nala, The hyenas and Zazu in it...which is an incentive for me. ^_^ :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had hoped too, that tlk3 would have been about Mufasa and Taka growing up. But ohh well

I might as well give tlk3 a chance anyway, I refuse to pay a cinema ticket for it though, but I can afford to rent it...... If its better than I thought I might buy it too, if not I will just regret I ever rented it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ummm it is coming straight to video isn't it?