Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Saddam Hussein sentenced to death

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Only-now
    I was talking about actual battles and wars/death in the Bible that God deemed as alright.
    First of all, isn't it *actual*? The battles that are written about in the Bible, are they all historically proven? Otherwise they are only actual if you believe the Bible surely?

Originally posted by Only-now
    Actually...the Bible is not thought to be an interpretation. Although it was written by men it is thought to be the "WORD" or God..as in...exactly what he said. Now...those who believe (because religious beliefs are a personal thing) can interpret it however they want..and people can follow or deny those ideas.
    Haven't you just proven yourself that the Bible is an interpretation by saying *can interpretate it how they want*? Technically, theres three levels of interpretation.
    1 - writen in hebrew origionally, interpretating what has been seen / done etc
    2 - translated into different languages (the translators themselves admitted this was a bit dodgey, couldn't translate parts acuratly)
    3 - however the person / organisations interpretate the text

Originally posted by Xinithian
    I'm also sick of everybody saying we should torture Iraqi insurgents since they torture our soldiers. We're supposed to keep to our word of humane treatment, and set the good example.
    Good example? Hangon.. who declared war on Saddam because he had *nuclear weapons of mass destruction* and once they get there, Iraq has like one nuke or sommate? You can't declare war on a country based on false evidence or vague evidence and not actually finding the stuff you declared war for in thje first place?!?! It doesn't make sense.

Ok, maybe the true aim of declaring war on Iraq was sommate else.. maybe just to stop the tyrant, maybe to take control of the vast amount of oil there, we don't know, we can just speculate.. but every single person involved with the war deserved the truth.. not an elaborate falsehood. I don't think Bush or Blair have much mentioned WoMD sinse Saddam's fall have they?

BTW Blair doesn't want Saddam to die. Is that because he fears we want that done to him or sommate?? The *real* reason is sommate like he deserves forgiveness or some other crap. The guys a douche bag anyway, wtf why was he re-elected?? Damn voting system.

(Tis Amy not her boyfriend btw, sorry if his post offended any of you guys.. although he put very very accurate stoof on and basically said a lot of what I was trying to say.. just a lot better than me)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Bible is not a particularly good thing to use to back up a statement as a) it's not fact, b) not everyone believes in it, and most of all c) you can use it to back up absolutely anything you want.

(Also, the Bible isn't considered to be the word of God, seeing as a good deal of it was written up to hundreds of years after Jesus lived, so word of mouth corrupted events, and most speech was forgotten. For example, the sermon on the mount is written as an event that took one day, while judging from the amount of things that were discussed this is seemingly impossible. Also, it's not believed that there actually couldn't have been 5000 at this event either.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *sighs* Alright...as I remember I wasn't trying to prove anything with the Bible. I wasn't using it as justification. If I remember correctly..someone said that they can't see how we can endorse the death penalty when we are so religious...mentioining the death in the Bible is to show that all killing/death is not going against what the Bible teaches. The fact that the what the Bible states might not have happened is irrelevant since it is a given that if you believe in that religion you have faith it happened.

I'm not going to go into the whole thing about why we went to Iraq etc etc because 1) This isn't the topic of this thread (and neither is the US policy on anything discussed here) 2) If I did discuss it, it would lead to more off-topic-ness and we would end up going in circles.

Of course it was written after his life, but certain key parts to it are thought to be completely accurate. This is not based on historical events..it is based on faith...which is key in believing in the religion in the first place. I would say that the Ten Commandments, Creation, etc etc are thought to be what happened. Not to mention, faith is what believers hold on to...so they believe the text and what it teaches. Not to mention, in Revelation you have the end of the world happening WITH "war" etc.

~Kiva

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    To my knowledge, Hussein was hanged about an hour or two ago.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    He was hanged at 9pm central. The news didn't break here until about 20 minutes later. Here's CNN's article.
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/...ein/index.html

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Won't be long now before they have a video on You Tube.

"And another one gone and another one gone."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Enjoy Satan, Saddam (tee-hee).

R.I.P.

♩ "Summer's going fast, nights growing colder.
    Children growing up, old friends growing older.
    Freeze this moment a little bit longer.
    Make each sensation a little bit stronger." ♩

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    gota see the irony in killing a man because he killed people...

obviously thats a broad representation of what he actually did..

Personally i think, when his time came naturally, hed face upto what he'd done..

Id rather have seen him rot in jail

i appologize if my views are to much for some..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice Sonique Can I argue with you with that statement??...???... nah I just joking you're all good. we cool Sonique .
    Well I think the execution isn't the best way to end violence, since he's gone exile ths situation remain at war. Saddam's follower will revolt and more blood will spill in Iraq. But for me he done much to this world and he shall face what he have done. But I'm afraid his death will be an endless violence between Saddam's follower and the Shitte community.There's also a major turbulance in the muslim world about Shitte and Sunni, but it's a complicated matter people don't want to know. I know that satan deserve to die but the Iraqis is shattered by war and all it's left is vengence and revenge for them.

That's all my speech for today. We shall pray for the better days for the people in the Middle East.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I find it funny that we,as a society, kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Good point Roog ...

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Cova_Lioness
    gota see the irony in killing a man because he killed people...
    Just to re-do my point..i agree roog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by lion_roog
    I find it funny that we,as a society, kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong...
    Not our society, Iraq's. They tried him, they chose the punishment. I, for one, rejoice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Darkslash
    Not our society, Iraq's. They tried him, they chose the punishment. I, for one, rejoice.
    I know. My statement was a general statement which can be applied to many societies around the world...including ours. But I can see how I mislead in that respects by saying "we, as a society"...Bah, I'm tired...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good night, sweet prince.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Nephilim
    Good night, sweet prince.
    what is that from? x)

I guess I agree, but i'm not sure, i do not know enough on the matter only the way the news spins it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Lunarcat
    what is that from? x)
    The end of Hamlet. Now cracks a noble heart. Goodnight, sweet prince, and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm gald that that idiot died. Ha, and when he was hanged, I was having a good time with friends! HAHA that feels nice.. he deserved it, bastard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, it was apparently a good thing that he died, but personally I'm not into death punishments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by TX-101
    I'm gald that that idiot died. Ha, and when he was hanged, I was having a good time with friends! HAHA that feels nice.. he deserved it, bastard.
    Although I believe capital punishment, as well as lethal decisions, are necessary, rejoicing in the death of others is never a good thing. Yes, it may be appropriate to feel relieved from his death (because nobody will have to deal with him again), but one shouldn't take it so far as to take pleasure in it. If you take pleasure, you must really hate that person, and hatred blinds. Terrorists are fueled by hatred. Do we really want to be fueled by the same motive that fuels terrorists?