Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Saddam Hussein sentenced to death

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Saddam Hussein sentenced to death

http://www.bbc.co.uk/

Personally I think this is fair, seeing what atrocioties this dude has done. But death by hanging just makes me feel ill.. its inhuman but would ya call him human having done what hes done?

What do you guys think?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I Think hanging is still little for what he done. this guy have killed even more people than we think and always using torture.

For me saddam should not be killed by hang... no.... he should be killed in a more painful way like the eletric chair or other worse.

You may say this opinion is too rude, but this is not 1/10000.... of what this man done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree with ThiagoPE. 'Bout time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lol...

Inhumain...Or however it's spelt.

Just like that one group in USA that are tryign to make sure the captured prisoners from Iraq are treated fairly, get lawyers, fed properly, nice clothing etc.

While our soldiers in Iraq are being beheaded, Killed, massacered, slaughtered infront of others. Hmm just makes me wonder why we should treat them nice if they don't treat our soldiers right

Butttt I could care less the way he dies, To be honest the old Texas Hanging is fine for me. I'd rather honestly he'd be poisoned or something so he has to live through the pain before dieing or something.

Just my opinion..

Kovu

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Kovu The Lion
    Lol...

Just like that one group in USA that are tryign to make sure the captured prisoners from Iraq are treated fairly, get lawyers, fed properly, nice clothing etc.

While our soldiers in Iraq are being beheaded, Killed, massacered, slaughtered infront of others. Hmm just makes me wonder why we should treat them nice if they don't treat our soldiers right
    You don't recall Abu Ghurayb, I take it? Or the concentration camp on Cuba? Or the 'secret prisons' US intelligence keep around the world where prisoners are stripped of the rights guaranteed them by the Geneva convention? Torture of unlawful/illegal combatants, which was approved by Washington?

I haven't really kept up to date with Hussein's trial, but as I recall, the crimes he's now been found guilty of are ones he took care of with the military aid he got from the US.

I really don't care much for his execution. It feels more like 'red meat to the mob' more than anything else. *shrug*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Kovu The Lion
    Lol...

Kovu
    Don't worry about how the USA treats PoWs; I think perhaps the USA military should try being humane. You know, hyping their soldiers up and sending them off to slaughter men, women and children, all civilians, in little villages doesn't seem all that right to me.

Also, I agree fully with what Ghamu said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think he deserve what he does, and I think the situation remain the same or worse after his execution. Tommorow headlines, Civil War in Iraq.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    YES! Hang the bastard! Hang him high!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Nephilim
    Don't worry about how the USA treats PoWs; I think perhaps the USA military should try being humane. You know, hyping their soldiers up and sending them off to slaughter men, women and children, all civilians, in little villages doesn't seem all that right to me.
    You have much to learn about the military. You could perhaps start by talking with one of us who are military members... I can assure you that we are not in the business of "slaughtering."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    to be honest, i think he should suffer more

a lot more

but hey, that's just me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Darkslash
    You have much to learn about the military. You could perhaps start by talking with one of us who are military members... I can assure you that we are not in the business of "slaughtering."
    Never read any of the transcripts of what went on in the Nam war? I know there was one from the Iraq war too, recently.

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    everything is allowed in War and love is not really how it should be but it is that way.

No one can say that everyone does torture or humiliate prisoners in US prisons not even most but some do, same with small villages... most of soldiers do as told but some groups don't play with the rules... that is just known fact.. when cat is away mice are crawling on a table and ofcourse the enemy does the same.

what comes to sentence for Saddam... it's about the bloody time they get it over with.. and I can tell hangging is quite painful if they drop him low enough and he dies on chocking and not on cracking of the spine.

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yeah I've heard hanging can be pretty painful. I'd hate to be hung.

I know Saddam has done some really really bad (or should I say evil?) things but I personally dont agree with capital punishment, however that is mainly because there are tonnes of people who are wrongly convicted and if capital punishment is used then an innocent person can be killed etc and we all know that Saddam Hussein IS guilty of awful crimes so maybe he should be the exception?

But still I dont believe that two wrongs make a right and personally killing him the way he killed all those other people would make you just as bad as him. If he was to be killed I'd rather it still be done in a relatively humane way making it as painless as possible.

But still he is obviously a dangerous man and I do not believe that he should be set free at all, but maybe if he was kept alive but in prison for the rest of his life? but if that was the case Iraq may find it harder to move on or get past all this? maybe killing him signifys the end of his reign and would help them get back on their feet?

I also feel for those who where personally affected by what he did and I would probably feel differently if I was one of them. I dont know,
    but I just personally hate the thought of someone being sentenced to death no matter who they are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would tend to agree that his death sentence should be commuted to life imprisonment.

♩ "Summer's going fast, nights growing colder.
    Children growing up, old friends growing older.
    Freeze this moment a little bit longer.
    Make each sensation a little bit stronger." ♩

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hanging shouldn't be done anywhere, anymore. It seems like an awful way to die. Either you suffocate to death while your eyes are bulging out due to the blood pressure, awaiting a horrible SNAP when your neck breaks, or your neck breaks immediately. If they don't want to give him a humane death, they should just kill him with a firing squad (although that's bad too, 'cause they can miss your heart with that method).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    he was dead the moment they got him...and god am so glad no freaking conspiresy didnt get him out...in one pic will say..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I support whatever the Iraqis want to do with him. They say hang, I say hang. They have sent a strong message that tyrants will die awful deaths.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't have time to reply to this because I have to go to work..but some quick points:

1) Hanging is actually very humane if done CORRECTLY which when done by a court order should be. It is supposed to be an instant death..NOT strangulation. It is STILL a legal way of execution here in the United States by the way.

2) What Ghamu said is BS.

3) The acts of a few soldiers NOT endorsed by our military..nor practiced by very many at all..should be used to put the face on an entire country.

~Kiva

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Xinithian
    Hanging shouldn't be done anywhere, anymore. It seems like an awful way to die.
    He deserves it. I would put him on 4 parts with hummers or even biger vehicles.

edit: but after I wouzld cut all his skin off and put some salt on him.. He is one of biggest criminals living now. Becouse of him, there was so much pain on the world. He really deserves it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Only-now
    I don't have time to reply to this because I have to go to work..
    Why don't you wait until you've got the time then? Relax, man. We know that saying something negative about the US will attract you just as a fly will go to bad food. And we won't forget about the thread if your reply has to wait a few hours.