Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feminism

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Talking Feminism

I'm a proud.. and loud.. feminist!!!

Give us a yell if you love beng FEMALE!!!!

So anyway, who here likes/doesn't mind/hates feminists? Whatever ya know. Any opinions on females you feel like voicing? Or on males for that matter.

Go on, speak up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Males rock, we got gear shifts.

Ye.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    were all human here, some just different equipment, so whatever floats your boat!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I support feminism.

♩ "Summer's going fast, nights growing colder.
    Children growing up, old friends growing older.
    Freeze this moment a little bit longer.
    Make each sensation a little bit stronger." ♩

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How would you feel if I held the door for you, Dyani?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love being a women ^_^ and i'm darn well proud of it ;3

Being female is magical, although i don't look forward to giving birth ore anything

My ex-boyfriend once told me that females are goddesses. In his opinion, we should be treated as queens, and i agree with that. Although i'd give alot of attention back to the males, because they rock too =3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I love being a women too.

But also like Amaryllis said, I really don't look forward to giving birth either.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmmm.. Why not...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Oooooh, I don't know, the pain maybe? ...

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    TX-101, what kind of question is that?

I think Nathalie answered it well.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I love being female. Sure, some of us probably don't like it sometimes cause of obvious things, but I still love it. ^^

Originally posted by Amaryllis
    Being female is magical, although i don't look forward to giving birth ore anything
    Neither do I, that'd be even if I ever had kids. Nathy gave the answer I would've given too. It's mostly cause of the pain that I'm not looking forward to it.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hate-hate-hate Feminazis. You know, the kind who demand things like "history" be renamed "herstory" and think that all sex initiated by a man is rape (or that all sex is rape), think that equality for women is equal to hating men. The loud lot that make you feel bad for being a woman. ;P

Also, I don't believe that both sexes are the same at all, so... yes. Anyone who thinks it's a case of just having different organs and bone structure is, well, a bit foolish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I cant belive that.. Again someone missunderstood me. This happens way too often to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, ofcourse being pregnant is one of the most beautiful things in life, i'd go through pain for that. I mean, its thesame like when i got my piercing, it hurts like hell for a while, but in the end its definately worth it.

Ofcourse that doesn't make me wanna look forward to it =P but hey, we women can get along with some pain can't we? ;3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love women......Feminist, non-feminist, semi-feminist, anti-feminist...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You can't choose what gender you are, just like what nationality or race you are, so I don't get the whole thing of being so proud of it, and I don't agree with anyone who says either gender is better than the other, male or female.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't like the super-feminist type...as Neph stated. I don't think anyone likes them except other people...just LIKE them..lol. I mean...I think that goes for pretty much every activist group. The extreme people always put a bad name on the whole group...not to mention they are usually idiots. One thing that I do think needs to be changed...if any women believes that they are not treated equally to a man..is to stop comparing yourselves to them. When you say a statement like "I can do that stuff just as well as a man!" I mean...that is basically implying that a man somehow does it the best of all..etc. It is kind of counterproductive in the end.

Anyways..I have nothing agianst women..lol. I am attracted to them for one..so I guess that's a starter. They are different than men...and that does go deeper than reproductive organs and weight, muscle etc. I mean..there are some mental differences between men and women...but at the same time we are not so different that we have nothing in common.

I like being male though..hehe. I mean..I get to be...Kiva...the Lion. Who WOULDNT like that!? I'm happy with how I am though..hehe.

~Kiva

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    A recent reseach in brazil asked womans two questions: "what is the thing that mens ahve an womens not have, that you most apreciate/ wanted to have?" "If you could, you would change your sex?" More than 50% answered for the frist question "The freedom they have" and about 20% said that would like to change sex, after this, the reserchers als decided to do the same with mens (What is the thing woman have and mens not have you....) and surprisely 80% of mens said "nothing" and less than 1% said that wanted change sex

I know this sounded a little offtopic but i remebered this news when i read this thread

I do have nothing against the feminists, but for me it is very useless, even because is not you that choose your sex so... so we colud think in other things than this very old war-of-sexes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Four words, females rule, males drool. Although I wouldn't exactly call myself a feminist, I do support feminism. Women are smarter, stronger, and more capable. Guys are cool...I mean, I do love men being straight and all...they're just dumb 80% of the time and need the help of us women.

Girl power LOL

@ Neph: Yeah, I know what you mean...that's why I don't call myself a feminist but I do support the whole 'women rule' thing...though they don't necessarily have to go overboard like you say.

@ TX: LOL...poor guy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    La Reina says this: Women are smarter, stronger, and more capable

Heh. That's also why 80% of all Females around the world aren't in shape.. :]

Hmm, I'm not one to say Females are smarter, or are better, nor will I say males are.

I say everyone is equal, Why?

Because Females depend on us to carry on Generations
    And Men depend on females to carry on Generations.

In the end that is all that matters.

Kovu

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.