Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Frozen

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finally saw Frozen...mostly because the internet kept shoving it in my face and curiosity finally compelled me.
    I thought it was ok - it kept me entertained and while I do think that some (ok, a LOT) of elements didn't add up for me, there isn't anything I can gripe about that hasn't already been said. Was more interested in the design elements (I love rosemaling) than the story anyway.

Still hate the singing/dancing/talking/merchandising snowman.

Loved the Screen Junkies Honest Trailer for Frozen
    "and the wickedly talented Adele Dazeem". 'Nuff said.

~ fin ~

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^ That was pretty amusing.

I did see Frozen finally, too, twice over vacation because they had a bootleg.

It wasn't as terrible as I was afraid. Olaf wasn't completely obnoxious, they kept him cute & cuddly enough that I still felt like I was in a Disney movie and not trying to keep up with Sponge Bob/getting jittery. The soundtrack has grown on me, and yes I end up singing Let It Go when I hear it now. Could have done with about 3/4 less songs, but, when you have a Broadway singer on your payroll I guess you make your use out of them. I liked it more the second time I saw it and could appreciate some of the nuances they gave it, but the first viewing was unremarkable. I'm glad they're trying to create more contemporary fairytales, but at the same time, it is what it is and what it is is still another princess movie, I don't seem to see the same kind of gender crossover in fans that I see with even the My Little Pony series. I enjoyed it and it was pretty, though.

One thing that bothered the heck out of me, (and someone might have said it but even then, *I* need to get it out of my system, lol) where the frigg were the characters in space during the big climactic scene??? I had NO, **NO** idea where Elsa was in relation to Anna, and it made no damn sense when Anna suddenly throws herself right in front of her. WHERE WERE YOU IN ALL THE PANNED OUT SHOTS?? All you saw was Christoff coming towards Anna and whole big COMPLETELY EMPTY field of NOTHING all around her. And yet she sees and hears what's going on with her sister? And suddenly shows right up there in a blink? Does she have ESP and teleportation?

Seriously, I watched it twice because she runs in front of Elsa and I'm like....wait, what the heck just happened?? xD And it doesn't work any better the more you watch it, it's just really badly spatially executed, and it's THE climactic scene of the movie, to be disjointed like that is disorienting.

So my biggest complaint: make them actually be near each other to make the resolution happen!

o_O
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I don't understand why people (and I'm reading this all over the net) have problems with the amount of songs.
    Remember Beauty and the Beast, Pocahontas? And not to mention, every single Disney movie.

Hmm, maybe in the 2000 movies there are less and less songs, but its not like Disney never put in so many songs before.

I was more bugged that the songs are mainly in the first half of the movie, leaving the second half 'empty'.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Whow...I've finally watched Frozen, too.
    To be honest, I don't know what to say... At first I didn't have any intention of watching this movie. That's because the trailer didn't really motivate me to watch it and since my little one needed a lot of attention, I was not able to go to the cinema anyway.
    Then the sort of "Frozen-hype" broke out. I don't mean it in a negative way. Just all of a sudden everyone around me started talking about the movie and how great it was. Even here

And so yeah... I got curious. I also liked the song "let it go", so I thought I'd give this movie a chance and watched the 3D BluRay with my husband. Unfortunately, since so many people out there loved that movie, I also put my expectations higher. And I made the mistake of watching the "honest trailer" before actually watching the original movie. Oh well, but I laughed so hard.
    The problem was that I couldn't take some scenes seriously ("We are cutting ice...") hah.. but that's not the fault of the movie. It was my own fault and curiosity killed the cat.

The movie is a nice Disney movie, no doubt about that. And I'm glad that there are many great songs in it. However the plot seemed a little bit "forced" and "rushed". Like some of you before there are points that disturbed me. How did Elsa manage to live in a room all those years? Okay, Tapunzel did that, too... but oh well. It was kind of strange for me. And how on earth could her loving-disney-parents approve of that? And same goes for Anna. There's a nice video on youtube out there. "How frozen should have ended" and it also covers some of my thoughts. I'm not really able to explain that properly in words.
    So yeah... I have my problems with the movie, but I liked the idea that the prince is not always as shining and shimmering as you'd think he is. Of course, since I have been to curious, that didn't surprise me, but it worked well non the less.

Frozes is nice and I won't compare it to Tangled. I'm glad that Disney finally produced another successful movie and I hope there will be many other great movies in the future.

As about Frozen and TLK... well that's not really a fair question. When I watched TLK I was a kid. I won't be able to ever watch Frozen as a kid anymore, so there's no way of definately knowing how I'd have reacted to that movie. Maybe it would have inspired me like TLK did. Who knows?

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I liked your opinion kirauni, I still don't know why frozen have this do huge success as it is just an good movie, nothing more than that.

Enviado de meu GT-S7273T usando Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The characters are just pretty, likeable, playefull (Anna), and the voice cast is great.
    I think that adds a lot to the succes.
    They are princesses, but not the standard-princesses we know, I think people seem to like that.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    A friend of mine posted this in his facebook

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthi...fbent&s=mobile

Finally I'm understanding the huge success of frozen....

Enviado de meu LT26i usando Tapatalk
    Last edited by ThiagoPE; May 3rd, 2014 at 10:48 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Haha, that made my day! Thanks.
    I knew that chanting at the beginning sounded familiar

Though in my opinion it didn't work well in Frozen. Reminded me too much if Brother Bear and TLK. And I thought the chant sounded more like an indian chant than something nordic... But maybe I've been playing too much Skyrim.

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirauni View Post
    And I thought the chant sounded more like an indian chant than something nordic...
    The friend I watched the movie with said she thought she landed in Pocahontas at first instead
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    When I first saw the begin song of Frozen, it made me think of Deliver Us, from the Prince of Egypt.

And other then that, Kristoff is just handsome. Period. that's a good enough reason

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Reach for the light lionkinglover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Frozen Disappointed me. I didn't like it at all.