Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Frozen

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I love Kristoff, if he were real ... I'd be in love, haha!

I think he looks amost perfect. Meaning, he's got normal eyes, like you mention the eyes from the girls are just too big (but that usually happens in 3D movies like this). His nose is maybe still a bit too cartoonish, but the hair and such, it's perfect, haha

I loved the animation during "Let it go". Some movements are so fluent and beautiful.
    I love it how she looks at the camera at the end of the song, haha!

I never hated Olaf, I spot a cute character miles away, lolz.
    He was a great addition in the movie. I did think he was pure comic relief before I saw the movie (as I didn't knew how and what), which he mainly is though, but when he's alone with Anna at the end of the movie, it's quite emotional.

Yes, I saw the movie ... *ahum* I found it somewhere, haha.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombolia View Post
    Let It Go was a good song, beautifully preformed, but the animation during that scene is soooo awkward it's better just listening to the song on its own, I think. Like Elsa looks directly at the camera at the end and flashes some random Dreamworks sexy face to the audience, what the heck. :/
    Yess, someone who agrees! There is a lot of animation that bothers me in Frozen overall, but there are shots in the Let It Go that will literally make me cringe, hah.

I feel like you can tell that animators sort of float around between workplaces now. There is no distinct 'Disney' animation style any more - everything moves in the same old way, regardless of which studio made it...

("Dreamworks sexy face"... !)

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm totally different on the song. I thought I saw movements and the way it was made that I had never seen before in animation.

I tell ya, when she lets her hair down, I feel like crying, so beautiful, haha!
    I'm such an emo-person

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    ^ Yes, I can agree to that. That shot is beautiful <3 Despite the animation error with the hair that someone pointed out that I can't unsee now xP

-----

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    What error? o_O

No, better not tell me

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Petteri and I finally saw Frozen yesterday, and I liked it.. Although not as much as Tangled. I don't think I like the songs as much as in Tangled, maybe expect for "Let it Go". The snow and ice effects were really pretty. I like the film enough to want to buy it on blu-ray, but I wouldn't say it's the best Disney film since The Lion King like that trailer says... XD It was enjoyable to watch though.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Possible spoilers below.

Ok, so I saw it today and I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that close-up at the end of Let It Go was a problem I've been avoiding reading too much of this thread and I purposely didn't listen to any of the songs prior to the movie. From the trailer, I was expecting to not like it, I did like it, however I'll agree with Sombolia and say that it wasn't all that good. It had good aspects, but the whole thing didn't mesh together as a nice whole. When the first song, Frozen Heart started, I was really optimistic about the feel of the movie, but it did fall a little flat. I don't quite know how to describe it, because I did enjoy it. Especially the atypical true love solution at the end.

You guys are right that the characters simply don't all mesh, and I'll agree that those large Princess eyes just make me think of Rapunzel, and that's about it The song For the First Time in Forever seemed to jump all over the place, and I didn't think it was that great. Other songs I did really enjoy though. I wasn't aware they were originally going to go 2D, but you can certainly tell why they made the switch. They've made some beautiful ice effects, but I'm afraid they probably spent all their money on that instead of fleshing out the movie a little better. Because apart from Elsa's mysterious ice powers that she was somehow born with, and a bunch of trolls, there's nothing else magical in the movie (Olaf and the snow monster are products of Elsa's magic) and it seems out of place with the rest of the movie. I know there's little magic in Tangled, but it seemed to mesh together better, and at least there was an explanation for why she had powers, and not just "born with it".

Also, I'm curious as to what the hair animation error is, tried watching it a couple times but can't quite pick it

The short version: Disney could've done way better
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerane View Post
    Also, I'm curious as to what the hair animation error is, tried watching it a couple times but can't quite pick it
    I was wondering the same after reading what Kanu said. Then I found this on YouTube, someone pointed out at 3:04, her hair goes through her body... I can see it now after being pointed out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hah, it totally does Thanks Big mistake for Disney.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    not in my favorite part

I tried hitting "pause" a million times, but I just can't see it o_O lol

And watching it more closely now, it also looks she isn't really looking straight into the camera but a tiny bit to the right (her left, lol).
    Or that might be just me seeing it like that, ain't wearing my glasses right now

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well I read that Elsa's hair was extremely difficult for Disney to animate even more so then Rapunzel. I'm not sure why, is it because it's braided? But so is Anna's hair... I'm betting they had a lot of trouble with that scene to have to leave it like that?

Disney was hoping probably most people wouldn't notice, I didn't either, in fact I couldn't find it even trying to watch it second or third time trying to look for some kind of animation error. It wasn't until I read the comments on the video that someone pointed it out.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I still didn't see it, lol. Will try and find a screenshot.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yeah, I only found it after I looked at that shot frame by frame, so I can let it slide, hehe.

-----

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    3:05 on the clip Audra posted, you can see the hair was behind her in the one frame and then it's in front and she has both her arms up so the only way the hair could have got there is through her body.

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I still keep failing to see it. So I probably don't care about it, lol.
    And reading from what it is, it's so minor ...

If the DVD comes out, and I still remember this, I'll have a better look with screenshots.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There's a part where Kristoff picks up Anna and his hands phase into her body, too. O_o Yikes... the mistakes aren't really noticable unless you look really closely or go by them frame by frame, but I don't remember seeing mistakes like that in Tangled??

I don't know, man. Frozen had a lot of potential. I love that it's a movie about the love between two sisters, and the film emphasises that a lot, but Anna and Elsa don't have nearly as much screen time together as Anna does with Hans and Kristoff... and like I said, the songs (save Let it Go) were forgettable, the plot was really sloppy, animation and designs were bland, etc. So I love the sister relationship, but I'm not a big fan of the movie as a whole.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This one is noticeable: at the end of the movie, where did Olaf's cloud went off to?

I heard they were to close to the deadline, and therefor has more mistakes, even the crew didn't see, due to pressure.

Just a rumour, don't shoot me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What is with all the hate? Am I seriously the only one here who absolutely loved it? I'd say it's Disney's best musical since Hunchback.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    We can't all like/love the same movie and we can't all share the same opinions

If you like it so much, don't care what others say then, you have to like it, not them

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I watched the movie in the premiere day here. I have a very mixed opinion about it. The beginning of the movie is extremely boring, because the excessive amount of events. The songs are pretty good, but not amazing. Olaf and Sven are one of the best comic Disney characters. In a 0 to 10 scale, my overall score for it is 6.

Sent from my NT-1710 using Tapatalk 4