Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Lea's "Let's Get Healthy!" Accountability Thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Man, it's been a while. Life, why you so crazy?

Good job KS! And congrats Nat on losing weight, that's really great! And Azerane, I'd say moving boxes totally counts. xD I lost two pounds moving into my apartment last year, so you probably did burn a lot of calories! Kanu, I am with you on the daily walk thing. I hope we can all find motivation to keep it up and not look back!

As for me, well, I was doing pretty good until this week. Bought loads of ice cream on Sunday, and it's already all gone. D: I went to Colorado two weeks ago and did a bunch of hiking and lost about 4 pounds, so that was exciting.....pretty sure this ice cream escapade has put it all bad on though. e_e; I need to go to the gym probably. I was running every day for about a month to get in shape for Colorado, but now that I don't have that goal anymore of needing to have the stamina to climb mountains I am sort of at a loss. xD It's really hard for me to just get up and exercise for the sake of exercise. This is why I've contemplated moving to the mountains many times, because I would always be dying to go for a hike and it would be fun. Not boring and pointless like going to a gym. :/ *sigh*

I have been doing really good on my water intake the past few days though. I am trying to drink 3 liters a day.....a lot tougher than it sounds, it turns out! Hopefully I can at least keep the water thing going. Supposedly drinking lots of water helps keep appetites in check too, so maybe that will help with the sugar cravings. I am about to start school in a week though, very sad times. That means there will be a lot of junk food entering my body before too long.

..I'm gonna go do some housework. Maybe that will burn at least a few calories. xD My apartment is overdue for a cleaning anyway. I will have to report here and let you all know if I did it or not. In the spirit of the accountability-ness of the thread. x)
    Last edited by Kasei; August 13th, 2014 at 01:27 AM.

TLKFAA DeviantArt Tumblr Twitter Instagram Facebook

“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
    And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~Paulo Coelho

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    My friend who did bodystyling (lying in some kind of tub, burning fat) also told me, that if you feel hungry, drink water.

Does not help one bit for me! It just makes my stomach more upset really, and one sip of cola does help for me. When I feel extremely hungry, I need sugar really bad if I don't have access to food.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Okay, well, I did do the housework, yay! Still need to clean the bathroom, but I vacuumed the apartment, straightened up, and cleaned the kitchen. Should probably put the laundry away too, haha, but I was tired and went to bed...and now I have to go into work to set my art room up again because they made me take everything down at the end of last year...and then didn't even do the cleaning that supposedly required that I do all that work. *grumble* So it's going to take all day, probably. I will be moving lots of heavy objects so I figure that counts as a workout for me. ^^;

My water intake is still doing good, just drank a liter and will try to consume two more while I'm at work. Sorry to hear water doesn't seem to work for you Nathalie, maybe give it another try? Our bodies are 70% water so we definitely need a lot of it biologically. Maybe you body just isn't used to it/is having sugar withdrawals or something? Dunno, but either way good luck with making healthy habits! They are hard for all of us it seems. e__e

And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~Paulo Coelho

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I don't have to give it another try, its always been like that for me

Though, I do drink water most of the time, its the only thing available at work (and since I'm more at work then it home), so I don't have a problem there. It just doesn't help for me when I'm hungry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did the spinning class today. My butt is sore as hell. But that's the whole point, right? To push yourself. And as they say, no pain, no gain.

Off to do legs, bums and tums on Friday (for some reason I find that name funny. ) Nothing planned for tomorrow, I think I need to recover.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    that's like an aerobic excersize called over here "BBB" (breasts, tummy, butt, but in Dutch, those 3 words also start with a B )

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This might only be my opinion, but I don't think eating pizza and garlic bread today counts as a fault when it's my birthday
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Def. not your fault Az! And hope you had a happy birthday!

..I have been really bad lately, not gonna lie. Dunno if it's stress or me just "not caring" or both, but I've been eating ice cream and sweet things for like a week. And I've been eating pizza on the weekends...so not good! Too chicken to get on the scale, but I have a feeling I know what I'd see and it won't be good. Have been rocking the drink-more-water goal though, so there's that. Been trying to keep up the three liters a day thing, though some days I only get to two. I'll keep on keepin' on though, and I hope the rest of you are fighting the good fight as well! *battle cry*

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Oh, gosh, I haven't been doing well at all either xP While I think I'm doing okay with regulating portion sizes and such, giving up sweets on weekdays and going for walks and all things exercise have kind of gone out the window this summer. Now that I'm back home I should be picking it up again, but I haven't yet. The excuse is that things still haven't settled into routine and that a "state of exception" still is in place here, haha. After this week I should have a clearer idea of my schedule (and also should be less ill) so hopefully then at least my walks will resume. Summer's over - back to work

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've been bad with this also, but fortunately my weight seems to be fairly stable.

However, I went for a jog today Only a short one, but I'm still proud. Aside from the fact that I'm probably about to buy pizza, but that's beside the point. It's 7:15, I haven't made dinner, and I need to shower and try to be in bed by 9pm. So pizza it is, it's my one take-out night this week though Yay jogging!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good news everyone! In the past month and a half I've lost 3kg I'd say it's mostly from eating way less chocolate, but also a weekly hike of 7-12km is probably helping. I was doing sit-ups for a while too until I strained my back doing some photography recently. I'm eating less food in general, which is good. But I'm also not eating overly healthy, although I have started eating fruit again which I pretty much wasn't eating at all before.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That's great, Azerane! Congratulations and keep it up!
    I hope your back is better now.

I love holidays very much, but unfortunately there's always so much good stuff to eat... Choclate and other sweets and the things my mum cooks when we visit her... I just couldn't say "no".

The problem is, since I've been pregnant I gained a lot of weight. I know that's natuarl, but I'm still struggeling to become my "former self" again.
    During the last months I've lost a few pounds which was good. I started reducing the calories in my meals and I ate a little bit less. I also started to do some exercises twice a week. However, the pounds I lost were soon back again. I don't know if it's the muscles or the fat, but I'm back where I started. On top of that these special occasions like my birthday or Christmas didn't help at all.

I have been quite proud of losing weight before a few years ago. So I hope I can do it again. But right now, it's worse than ever. It's not that bad, I'm only sleightly overweight due to the pregnancy and the lack of exercise, but right now I'm stuck and frustrated. I tried reducing the calories and eat a little bit less.

So, today I started to do some sports daily for the next 60 days. That's my little goal right now. I want to turn some of my fat into muscles. I don't know if I can keep this up yet, but I'll try my best. And of course I try avoiding to much sweets or lemonade if possible

And how are you doing? I hope you didn't have to "suffer" from the holidays and the great food too much.

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It's not really gonna be a weight loss, but I do hope it'll get me a little bit more into shape, and just having a better condition.
    Walking up the stairs sometimes, I feel like a 90-year old woman when I get upstairs

So I've told myself, that I'm gonna start walking every single morning, just around the block, to get out there, fresh air, fresh start of the day.

I well, I have to be honest, for the past, at least, 3 weeks I have been eating like a pig! It's not natural what I've been eating lately.
    I am sick almost every evening, just because either I ate way too much, or I ate way too many different things in 1 day.
    That obviously has to stop too. I just need to focus!

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know, I don't have weather as an excuse not to at least walk a little bit now that it's getting warm out again. Stairs are evil, lol. And people are always like--take your dog for a walk! But my dog hates exercise and pants & drags almost as much as I do.
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    That sounds good, Nathalie! Walks are so nice~

I'm really not one for exercise at all, but I really do enjoy going for long walks, so that's something I'm trying to encourage myself to do, hehe. I've taken to doing daily 3-4km walks now and my target for this month is to walk 150km before the 31st I have an app that keeps track of how far I've walked during both each session and the monthly total, which I've found is a real motivator. Now I'd just like to find more trails to walk as I'm already getting a little bored of the ones I've got so far

Cutting down on the sweets and fruit juice during the weekdays is something I'm trying to do as well, which has been going so-and-so lately with Easter and all... xP But since I had a wisdom tooth removed yesterday I've barely been able to eat either, so I'll no doubt be way down on the calorie intake this week, haha. I do miss food though... :C

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice work, Kanu. A bunch of people at my work also use those apps for recording their walks/runs and how far they've gone. I usually walk at parks which have trail lengths so I base my approximate distances off of those.

I did end up losing more weight, I lost 5kg in total, and then I got into a bad state of mind and have put 1.5-2kg back on. Not good, but it's still a loss overall. I've just been eating more junky food than I was before, and not preparing proper meals. I'm still walking, not as much as I could be, but work is extremely draining lately because I need to get new boots as my current pair are killing my feet.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I also like to use those apps, my only problem is, even making some exercises, my weight doesnot drop! (at least it doesnot grow either), but i really feel unconfortable being a "3 digit" (+100kg).

I think i need a doctor...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Lots of terrible things going on right now, not going into detail just yet, but I've managed to loose just under 2 kg in just 3 days ??
    Even for me that seems impossible, even due to stress.

I hadn't eaten on Monday, ate a tiny bit on Tuesday evening, and a tiny bit Wednesday evening.
    I had already noticed my jeans needed lots of pulling up, either it's really because of those 3 days, or I just hadn't noticed I lost a little already before Monday

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sorry I totally fell off the face of the planet with this thread and just being around Lea in general. :< My life has been all kinds of crazy this past year, not the least of which being quitting my job and moving 800 miles away to attempt a new career path of illustration. e_e; However, since I am now no longer drowning in real life things maybe I can be a little more of an online presence than I have been.

In relation to this thread, I have been....okay. Things got REALLY out of control right before I quit my job. I gained almost 30 pounds over the school year due to all of the stress; to be honest it was a big part of why I decided I HAD to make a career change. Teaching, at least for me, is terrible for health. Thankfully, I worked hard over the summer jogging to train for a 14er and lost most of it. I'm still about 5 pounds heavier than I'd like to be, but my clothes all fit again and I can even squeeze into a few that I haven't been able to fit in for a couple of years, so that's encouraging. It helps that I now live in the mountains of Colorado which, aside from being a very active state, is high altitude and therefore my body just has to work harder to breathe/function and therefore burns more calories just by being here. I try to go on at least a short walk every day, though since the weather has turned colder it's been more like a few times a week. Still, I'm trying to do better.

Something I actually discovered recently that has motivated me to go out walking and exploring more is this game called Ingress. It's made by the same company that is releasing Pokemon GO and uses all of the same mechanics that PmGO will be using...so if you're into that series it's kind of cool to get a sneak peak. Even if you're not, it's a fun game that uses the real world as its sandbox. You walk around capturing portals for your team and they have a sort of back story for each team so if you decide to play do some research before you pick. I only play when I go out for walks, and guarding my portals/capturing new ones has definitely been an incentive to just go walking and have some fun while doing so. Here's the teaser video if you're interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss-Z-QjFUio

If you do get the app (it's free) feel free to chat me up @Rainechaser on the faction comm. If you feel like helping me out on recruit points, PM me your e-mail and I'll shoot you the recruit invite. No pressure though, I just wanted to share this game that has helped me get more active and have fun while out walking the same old routes day after day.

How are you guys all doing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think it's extremely awesome and brave of you to just quit your job like that to move and work on your passion, very cool

It's time I gave an update here too. Since Pat arrived in July I've put a bunch of weight on (almost 10kg!) which is crazy because although I wouldn't call myself fat, it put me at the heaviest I've ever been. Which was needless to say a little bit depressing In the past couple of weeks I've really tried hard to cut back on bad things (chocolate and soft drink - because somehow Pat being here resulted in more chocolate eating because he always wants it too, and he drinks a lot of soft drink so I end up drinking it too just because it's there). I've been trying to eat more fruit too and smaller serving sizes at dinner.

Aiming to lose a few kg by Christmas. I haven't really been exercising lately because I hurt my back a few weeks ago, but I still keep pretty active with walking at work.