Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lea's "Let's Get Healthy!" Accountability Thread

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    After eating a lot less this past week, no candy, and only drinking water, I gained another 600 grams.

I tried the aerobics video this morning too, finally ... I'll need some big practice, lol, since I already have difficulties knowing what's left and right at some times, it's really hard to look at the TV and seeing everything mirrored.

Can't believe the local gym cut the steps/aerobics classes when they were taken over by another gym-company

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Nathalie, I'm so glad that you've been cutting out the sugars and sticking to some positive changes! Don't let the scale get you down--keep figuring out what your body runs off of best nutritionally and stick to it! I'm sure eventually you'll start seeing some changes. Normally when I make a diet change the first thing I notice is not weight (mine also goes up first, just like you) but I notice that I start feeling better in general and have more energy, focus, and (Eventually) enthusiasm. Maybe you could watch for those signs too? *Roots for you!!*

Aaah, I have a confession to make--I gave in to some sugar these past two days! It all started yesterday when I was reeeaally hungry and a student brought me a frosted cookie....I caved! And after that I had the terrible mentality of "welp, already broken my rule, might as well have a bit more!" and ate some of the teacher treats in the lounge.

The good thing is, I didn't do too badly and only had a few of the sweet treats that were laid out where normally I would've BIIIIINNNGGGED on them. So that's a plus? I don't know, I'm being really good with what I eat at home (with the exception of perhaps a few too many crackers last weekend when I was snowed in for 4 days...in Texas! XD ) and trying not to see this as a failure. Just a minor step backward? :C Only 6 more days to go of this 12 Days of Christmas thing at work...and it's pretty nuts! SO many homemade goodies and snacks. I think I can make it alright, with perhaps only a few other slip ups...just gotta make it to next friday! the hard part will be the Christmas and graduation Parties I'll be going to these next two weekends leading up to the holidays. e_e Need to brace myself for them...!!!

Haven't been on the scale in a while....am kind of afraid to. xD Last time I checked was a few days ago and I hadn't lost anything.

TLKFAA DeviantArt Tumblr Twitter Instagram Facebook

“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
    And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~Paulo Coelho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathalie View Post
    After eating a lot less this past week, no candy, and only drinking water, I gained another 600 grams.

I tried the aerobics video this morning too, finally ... I'll need some big practice, lol, since I already have difficulties knowing what's left and right at some times, it's really hard to look at the TV and seeing everything mirrored.

Can't believe the local gym cut the steps/aerobics classes when they were taken over by another gym-company
    Small weight variances like that are tough, because I feel like amounts like that could even vary depending on how recently you ate, when you last went to the toilet etc. I know I mentioned I lost 800g, well now I'm back to where I started 73.5kg. But if I'm honest I've been getting quite a bit of take-out recently since I've been over-tired from lack of sleep so have felt like I've had the energy to cook dinner or do much of anything besides go to work and come home.

Sounds like you guys are doing great though with the healthier eating. I'm doing better, but I'm not doing well Still, it's a work in progress. Just have to try and stay positive and take every small achievement as a good one.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I haven't been doing well at all for the last couple of weeks. I made an exception for myself while I was in England, but I've kind of carried on having a lot of sweet stuff since I got back. Not good! And tonight I'm baking loads of Christmas treats with my friends... xP And then it's Christmas itself... I guess we'll see how this goes, haha. Otherwise this will become my New Year's resolution I suppose :P

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I guess I can post about my weight loss success story as inspiration to you all.

What I did was simply cut out the fattier foods with excess calories. I also stopped having meals before bed, and having multiple regular sodas (For example I'd have 3-5 regular Cokes at McDonald's). I also started exercising whether it be a stationary bike or walking at a local mall. This all happened almost 4 years ago. I started at 290 lbs, but now I weigh in at 136 lbs, so 154 lbs lost. I feel a lot better now that I'm thinner. I was miserable overweight, and wanted to fix it. Of course now I eat whatever I want, but watch my calorie intake plus I exercise 3 times a week. All I drink is Diet Soda, Water & Crystal Light.

Best of luck to you all who want to or are trying to lose weight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, for me, weight loss has come to a standstill. I am now starting on a version of the "paleo diet" to see if I have any success with that.

Thanks for the banner, Sombolia.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Kanu - I am totally in your boat with the not really doing so well around the holidays thing. xD The 12 Days of Christmas thing at work (dubbed the 12 pounds of Christmas by the staff) has really done me in. I *feel* heavier. All my clothes are tight. Got on the scale this morning and came in at a whopping 166, aiiieeee!!! @_@ This is the heaviest I've been in a while, gah! So. I'm going to a Christmas Party tonight and am challenging myself to snack only on the veggie tray I am bringing. We shall see how it goes but...that weight is pretty terrible for my frame and lifestyle, so I really need to get back on the strict no-sugar thing I was doing so well on a few weeks ago. The good news is I am still not feeling those intense cravings I usually do, it's just lazy habit to eat the chocolate or whatever in front of me. I will be reporting in to let you all know how I do on this short-term goal. It's just 24 hours I need to go with no sugar, I can do this...!!!! e____e;;; But I certainly need your accountability to make it happen. ^^;

And Tommy, that's awesome! Thanks for sharing your success--exercise really does make this so much easier, I just wish I could find a way to enjoy it more and not feel like I'm mindlessly wasting my time. Very inspirational though, good for you for losing so much weight!

Sam - Wishing you the best in your all-natural approach. Try not to focus on the weight so much as the inches you lose or how you feel, it makes things easier for me anyway when I hit those weight plateaus.

And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~Paulo Coelho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You can do it guys!!!

I've been struggling mostly with preparing decent meals at home, mostly because I don't do a big supermarket trip often enough, I just buy things as I think of them. So the other day I went to the supermarket and stocked up for a bunch of meals that are easy to make which will stop me from getting take-out quite so much. Also I bought some fruit, which I almost never do But it's apricot season and I love apricots. Also it's cherry season and I absolutely love cherries more than any other fruit but they're so dam expensive this year.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I've been so down for the past week again, it's all down the toilet.
    Trying to eat good, drink water, less sweets, and I gained! So that wasn't very helpfull so I was like: then why bother? And then I got some news I wasn't happy about, felt so down again "hello McDonalds".

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know if any of you guys use pinterest, but it's a great source of healthy recipes and since they have such a variety there's bound to be some that sound appetizing

Avatar drawn by Azerane - thank you! :3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So... I know I failed at Christmas But last night when we went to the moonlight cinema, I bought fruchocs to eat during the movie. I wasn't particularly hungry so I didn't end up opening them. I still have them, so will eat them at some point, but hoping I can space it out more than the all-out consumption that would have happened if I had eaten them during the movie when I wasn't even hungry. To me, not eating snacks during a movie when they're right there next to me is a HUGE deal

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yesh, Christmas has been a disaster when it comes to this, haha After New Year's I'll be settling back into normal routine, so I'm going to get back to working on my goals then.

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Christmas was no problem for me at all, lol.

I ate 2 mini burgers as snacks (they are like flat hambugers, but mini size, lol).
    And 2 or 3 other snack thinggies.

Then for the main food, only 3 tiny pieces of meat, and loads of cold things, rice, potatoe salad, bread, cucumber, lettuce, carrots.
    I ate pretty decent and healthy, lol.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's fantastic Nathalie You showed us all up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So I bought a pizza for dinner... but it's not so bad because I totally deserve it. Well maybe not totally, but I certainly feel like I deserve it. Friday at work I got a call saying I will be having an inspection tomorrow (wednesday) since the owner of the property is here on holiday from the UK. So I agree that it's fine, but am really tearing my hair out and having a stress fit on the inside Basically I was behind with housework and general outside appearance maintenance of the place (which I got picked up on last inspection) so every waking minute that I've been at home (Friday from 1pm, wasn't home at all saturday, sunday all day, yesterday from 2pm and today from 12pm) I have been weeding, and sweeping, and mowing and more sweeping, and scrubbing and vacuuming and mopping and washing and tidying like crazy. I have pretty much only stopped to eat, sleep and shower and go to work. So I'm basically completely exhausted, but it's been so much physical activity that it's felt like a workout (sore muscles every night) and I've been constantly on the go. So with that in mind (and the fact that I was too exhausted to cook anything and I feel like I've done a good job with this whole getting clean/organised thing) I decided to reward myself.

So now I have leftovers for work and for after work tomorrow too

Also, can I die now?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I ate a bit more at New Year's Eve, lol. But the pieces of meat were tinier then the ones we got on Xmas Eve

I did eat 2 slices of creamcheese pie, which is like, a calory bomb! haha

I haven't really been eating that much lately, haven't been feeling all that well.
    Also haven't checked the scales anymore, as the battery is dead and taking out the Wii is such a hassle to just check my weight, lol.

I'll just continue what I'm doing, less sweets, more water, and see in a few days or so what it did this time.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Azerane, I'll bet you got yourself a huge workout! They say housework is one of the best workouts you can get because it's so full-body. So good on ya! You eat that pizza. xD Enjoy it for the rest of us, I certainly haven't done enough exercise to earn a slice of it.

As for me, I've wiped my slate clean of Christmas/New Years and can proudly say I have had no sugar at all this year, woo hoo! xD I know, I know...cheap since it's only been this year for a week. But I'll take it! Mostly cause it's a great way to gague my progress. Gonna see how long I can go without. Maybe even try out that 30 days to break a habit thing. x3

Also, I weighed myself this morning and I lost 2 pounds since last week, woot! So that's really good motivation for no sugar, lemmie tell you. ^^

Sibaspirit - Yesss, I use pinterest all the time. I follow some healthy foods pinners, so lots of yummies pop up in my feed each day. :3

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I just turned on the Wii Fit, lol.

It was 31 days ago, and according to it I lost 1kg.
    Only 10,8kg to go

And my Wii Fit age was 34, lol.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    hmm, maybe this is going in the right direction ... using the Wii again, and it says I'm 0,2 kg less then yesterday (wearing the same clothes and everything) lol

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That is awesome Nath! I hope things have still be going well!

I kind of fell off the face of the Earth for the past couple of weeks, sorry guys. @_@ Real life gets hectic for me in the Spring. Not doing so good on my initial goal of posting in here once a week lately. Bad Kasei! Remedying now.

I have actually been doing MUCH better since the holidays. Haven't had any sugar at all since New Years with the exception of a piece of a cookie I was guilted into eating. xD The great part is that my cravings are non-existant right now. Part of that is probably because I like simple goals like, "I wonder how long I can go without sugar!" So it makes it into a fun game for me, in a way. xD I still eat a lot more than I should, but at least deserts and sweets aren't tempting me, and that's one of my biggest issues. So yay! *victory dance* Hope that keeps going! Still working on drinking more water....though I am being more conscious of it lately! Been trying healthy flavor packets mixed into my water to help, so far so good!

Hope you all are doing well on your goals too! And if not, share anyway! We can brainstorm a solution maybe. :3