Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lea's "Let's Get Healthy!" Accountability Thread

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Oh, lol, well, the doctor is a 2 minute walk, and then the snackbar is another 2 minute walk, and then again a 5 minute walk back home, but then again ... with fries and such, I had 10x the calories, I had lost during that 9 minute walk in total

Funny thing though, I have been trying to be more healthy, and I stood on the scale this morning, and gained about a kilo o_O *sigh*

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, I blame that on our female-ness. I have also gained all the weight I lost that first week back, despite being very good the whole time. *sigh* That's just the nature of the female body. It WILL come off if we keep at it though, I know it, so don't loose heart!! *suppoooort*

TLKFAA DeviantArt Tumblr Twitter Instagram Facebook

“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
    And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~Paulo Coelho

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasei View Post
    As far as getting that sweet-tooth fix goes, Azerane,
    *Kanu

what works for me is V8 fusion (which is 100% real fruit juice, no addatives) and/or yogurt with honey and granola. But if you are not particular about whether or not what you eat is artificial sugar, there are lots of sugar-free jellos, puddings, and other things out there that I used to rely on for those weaker moments of need. One of my favorites is actually this chocolate milkshake recipe using sugar-free chocolate pudding. If you have an ice cream maker I also have turned that recipie into some GREAT soft-serve by just putting it in there or combining the sugar free chocolate pudding with some plain yogurt and a bit of honey. Delicious!!! I know it's hard to do the no sweets thing, but I know you can do it if you keep at it! Besides, even attempting to break a habit like that is hard, trust me I know. x___x

Here is also a low-calorie sweet snack list that I liked, maybe you will too.
    Many thanks for the tips! I'll definitely look into that and see what I can make. Also yoghurt is a good idea! I never thought of that as a "snack" since I associate it so strongly with breakfast, haha

Today I got some popcorn to nibble on, as I've heard from my health-guru grandmother that they are actually really good for you, so I'm happy to follow her advice on that, haha

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yeah, I blame that on our female-ness. I have also gained all the weight I lost that first week back, despite being very good the whole time. *sigh* That's just the nature of the female body. It WILL come off if we keep at it though, I know it, so don't loose heart!! *suppoooort*
    Could it be because I've eaten more bread? Isn't there something in bread that will make you spread? (I don't know how else to say it in English, haha)

Because, my sister, she mainly only eats "fatning" food, like potatoes and pasta, she has a really big butt, lolz.

I thought I was getting healthier, and I ate a sandwich each time I was hungry and needed something, so instead of crisps or making some soup, I took a sandwich, and still gained 1 kg

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    good job everyone - I just read through all your posts and it is very inspiring! You are all doing great
    I won't be participating in this one since I have a history of anorexia, but I do know plenty of healthy recipes and ideas that I learned in recovery from my eating disorder. I'll post some recipes and tips if you guys want! Don't worry they're not tips for eating disorders they're the ones I use now to stay healthy without relapsing
    Also, I think Nathalie brought it up but fitness DVDs are really good! Of course, if you're kinda just going through the motions no one can tell you to pick it up and it won't be a super vigorous workout (which is ok!) but if you fully commit and give the program your all you can definitely break a sweat.

Avatar drawn by Azerane - thank you! :3

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yay, I've managed the week without buying any sweets, so now I can have some tomorrow and on Sunday without feeling bad My only "sins" are a few gluten free gingerbreads, but I always had some fruit with them so I don't feel that it was so bad, and I had a very chocolate-y hot chocolate yesterday, but it was "fika" with some friends, which is the one exception to my rule :P A hot drink is better than a slice of cake, right?

This evening I did have a McDonald's for dinner, but it's the first time in like a month that I went there, and I only had a very light breakfast and lunch today, so I feel I'm okay xD

The walking and exercising isn't going great; this week has been super, super busy so I've had huge problems fitting it into my schedule D: But I'm at least thinking about it, which is an improvement from before...? Maybe? xP

-----

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, you can hold me accountable for being bad Yeah... I like chocolate an awful lot I also haven't been walking much but I've been so exhausted from work these past two weeks that I'm just dead. By the time I've been to work, organised some stuff around the house, and spent time with Bandit it's time for dinner, then I have to be in bed by 8:30 so I haven't been able to find much time. At the very least I do tend to walk quite a large distance at work, I'd be interested to know how many steps I actually take on an average work day, as I get the feeling that it's quite a high number.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Ooooh chocolat ... Kinder chocolat ... It's Saint-Nicholas over here December 6th, and I still need to get my Godchild some chocolats. I'm pretty sure I'll bring an extra package for me too

I was healthy today though! We were at the grocery store, and I brought a Cesar Salad. I'm not a salad fan, but I do like the iceberg salad, because it's all crunchy (the one they put between burgers at McDonalds).

But ... Kenny wanted bacon/eggs for lunch to put between his sandwich, so I took some of the bacon and putted it in the salad, haha

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Also, since it's advent now... it requires me to eat one chocolate a day, says so on the calendar

Though I did buy some fruit yesterday, which is a big deal for me. Some nice juicy peaches, so hopefully next time I have a chocolate craving I can eat those instead. I've also been trying to switch out with yoghurt lately too, which is going pretty well. So it hasn't all been bad, haha.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerane View Post
    Also, since it's advent now... it requires me to eat one chocolate a day, says so on the calendar
    Haha, I love those kind of excuses

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Hahaha, yes, indeed! We must eat one piece every day now

-----

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Aaaaah, so I was really bad this past week. @_@ Thanksgiving in the US is killer for diets. Especially in my family. Normal Thanksgiving lasts a day for most people, then you get on with you life. My family? Oh no. It started on Wednesday and did not stop until Sunday morning. To be totally honest I am surprised I only gained 2 pounds.

But man, I ate WAY too much sugar. That's also why I haven't been around in a while because I literally spent all of last week flying/driving around the US visiting friends and family on my week off from work (yaaay the only nice thing about teaching!). Went to Dallas for a conference and visited a friend, then flew to Virginia to stay with an ooold art buddy of mine I've known since the 8th grade then on to Oklahoma for family time. That was where the gluttony happened. e_e I have a bad habit of over-eating in those kinds of situations, so all things considered I suppose I didn't fare too badly. I have what I like to call "finish it off syndrome." Basically if there is just a little of something left, I have this compulsion to eat it to get rid of the bag/container and make room in the pantry. Granted, I don't do a lot to fight this compulsion, but it's still a bad habit I need to knock off. Even when I am eating healthy I do it. Dunno why, guess my Mom was strict about cleaning my plate as a kid or something. xD

I'm not ready to tackle exercise yet (mostly because it is cold outside and I am a wimp about being cold. Also I live on the third floor so at-home exercise is kind of limited) but I am really trying to get the more water thing going now that I've been good about no sugar for about a month (with the exception of last week. To prevent from breaking my streak I'm just going to say holidays don't count. xD). Been trying out lots of different teas in an attempt to get more H2O in my system. I am not really a tea drinker, but I hear it's a great appetite suppressant as well, so here's hoping!

(also, Kanu, air popped popcorn is one of my all-time favorite snacks! I would highly reccomend getting an air popper if you don't have one. It's cheaper to buy the kernals and you can flavor the popcorn however you want without worrying about tons of grease or fat being in there already)

Anyway! That's my super quick update. Good job everyone on keeping up with the posts! I really do think about you guys as I go about my day. xD So something must be working! Hope you guys are feeling supported too, and best of luck with your goals this week! <3

And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~Paulo Coelho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, holidays are a killer. I'm going home to make honey biscuits with my mum this thursday, so some dough will be consumed

Weighed myself today. I've lost weight, granted it's not as much as I would have lost if I'd really been trying, but hey, 800 grams is 800g. Maybe I just haven't eaten as much today In all honesty, despite the fact that I had a bit of chocolate, I think I have been eating less. I was eating lots of chocolate before, so perhaps my consumption of that has gone down a little. Then in terms of meals, I think I'm having smaller portions of what I make myself at home. And I've been trying to turn my second lunch into more of a yoghurt and healthy snack meal than an actual second lunch. My meals are a little difficult because on days that I work, I have breakfast at around 5:15am, then by the time my break at work rolls around at roughly 9am, I'm absolutely starving again. So I'll usually have a sub or something substantial. Then when I get home after 12-1pm-ish. I'm often hungry again. So around actual lunch time, I'm trying to make that after work meal a smaller one and then have a slightly earlier dinner. Doesn't always work, but I think cutting back on that second lunch is helping.

Now I just really have to start putting in some effort to do routine exercises like crunches etc to tone my stomach.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I've sinned today *sigh* But they had the Ritter Sport marzipan chocolate at the news agent's and they are soo difficult to find, so whenever I see one I buy it... xD

I'm guessing that the next week or so is gonna be bad in terms of my rules as well, as I'm visiting Adam in the UK, and we like to treat ourselves while I'm there :P I'm gonna try and fit the exercise in none the less. During most of the days Adam will be working, so I'll have plenty of time alone in the house.

-----

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ahhh I had a success today! We do this 12 Days of Christmas thing at work where each day people bring in different treats/foods....it's like a 12 day pot luck full of mostly sugar. x_x And I managed to resist today! It came close, I almost gave in when I saw the monkey bread, but I went for the fruit instead and walked away, woo hoo!!! This is good seeing as I had NO eating impulse control over Thanksgiving....

....now I just need some motivation to repeat the success for the next eleven days!!! e____e

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Out of all those posts, all I have to say is... Monkey bread?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Same

I had to Wiki it

Monkey bread, also called monkey puzzle bread, sticky bread, African coffee cake, golden crown, pinch-me cake, pluck-it cake, bubbleloaf and monkey brains is a sweet, sticky, gooey pastry served in the United States for breakfast. It consists of pieces of soft bread with cinnamon sprinkled on it. It is served at fairs and other parks as a treat.[

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Monkey bread, huh? Interesting

Well done for walking away from it though, Kasei! Keep up the good work!

I discovered something sad about my lovely marzipan chocolate; it "may contain traces of wheat", which means I'm not supposed to eat it... I guess that takes care of that temptation then xP

-----

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi guys, this was a nice thought but I think I'm bowing out gracefully at this point, my health goals have changed/been redirected and I just don't think I'm into participating atm. Maybe I'll re-address it after the holidays when my bathroom isn't under reconstruction x_x
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Out of all those posts, all I have to say is... Monkey bread?
    xD Haha! I wondered if you guys would have heard of it, but I was in too much of a hurry to explain. It's a really popular treat to bring to pot lucks and such in the states. Just do a google images search for it and you'll come up with lots of delicious pictures. It's basically a donut-esque cinnamon pull-apart, so yummy!

Also, I resisted today too, woo-hoo! The big tempation today was oreo cake balls. e___e (again, google images search will reveal all xD). I LOVE cake balls/cake truffles. And school got cancelled tomorrow due to a huge ice storm that is coming in tonight and going to freeze over, so yay no temptations tomorrow! Just gotta be good at home.....also, this means I will get some drawing done this weekend, woo hoo!! I already have my art stuff strewn all over the floor and am doodling away and listening to music. ^^ *happy Kasei*

CGW - Sad to see you go, but I totally get it--sometimes life just gets too crazy to worry about one more thing. Hope things calm down for you soon! We'll still be here for ya when you need some motivation and support. ^^