Quote Originally Posted by Sharifu View Post
And I know I would just feel better health wise, maybe have more energy. I hope I can do this. I did it once before, but I wonder if I can do it again, I am older now, even if I'm only five years older then I was when I lost weight with Wii Fit the first time.
Of course you can do it again Plus we're all here to help out to stop you from eating ice cream - we can eat it instead

So... I'm Azerane, I'm 26 years old, and I'm a chocoholic

Seriously great thread Kasei, thanks for posting it. I feel like it's really beneficial to have a support group for this kind of thing, even if we all have different goals.

I define my problems as the following:
- A tad overweight, currently 73.5kg. Mostly I don't like the little pudgy tummy I have.
- Large money spend associated with chocolate and take-away food
- Spiders... seriously. I hate housework, and am unfortunately a naturally untidy person, and when I don't tidy this house seems to collect spiders.

My goals:
- Drop my weight back to ideally 65kg.
- Improve general fitness/stamina. There's a park near me with a 5.5km hike that I enjoy doing, there's one crazy epic hill that I really want to be able to make it to the top of without stopping for a rest at the bench halfway! It's not so much my legs that suffer, as it is my need for oxygen, lol.
- Save way more money. Possibly unrealistic goal of at least $200 each fortnight/pay period (though the bills come in next month...)
- Do more regular housework to reduce spider play time.

The plan:
- Cook more! A.K.A. Less chocolate, take-away food and soft drink. Should be relatively easy now that Pat's not here, he's the little demon on my shoulder when it comes to that stuff, lol. To start off with, maximum 1 can of soft drink every other day and one glass or 600ml carton of Iced Coffee a day. (Iced Coffee is my bane, gonna need to work on that one slowly).
- Chocolate, no more than one block/bar of chocolate every two weeks. *dies*
- Must walk the 5.5km hike at the local park once a week (going to get a little harder as summer hits as I'll have to do it very early morning)
- Come up with a cleaning roster. Not necessarily a roster that says, Tuesday is vacuuming, Wednesday is cleaning the toilet etc. More of a list of all the jobs where I can write the date I last did them, so I keep better track and feel bad when I leave it too long. I also want to focus my housework on the days I'm working so that my days off from work are actually days off!

I may be aiming a little high here to begin with having multiple goals and plans, but the losing weight, eating less junk food, and spending less are somewhat all tied into one.

Tips for others:
Just the one for now - if you feel like you want something sweet but you know you aren't actually hungry, have a teaspoon of honey (make sure it's good quality honey). I find it satisfies my craving for something sweet and delicious and since the honey I get is quite rich in flavour, I don't want more. Don't overdo it on the honey, though it's certainly better than having a chocolate bar