Thanks Thanks:  1
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Travel: where have you been? Where would you like to go?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, you guys are so well traveled!!
    One thing about living in Canada is that airfare is sooo expensive.. we only really have one Canadian airline so they have a huge monopoly. For example - getting from one end of the country to another (where I'm living now to where I'm from) costs $1000 at Christmas. It's insane.
    I've been very few places compared to you guys but here's my list! Good idea for a thread!

Provinces in Canada (since I've been to so many cities):
    British Columbia (Vancouver is my hometown)
    Ontario (Lived here)
    New Brunswick (live here now)
    Nova Scotia
    Prince Edward Island
    Alberta
    Quebec

States in America (not including airports or one night stays):
    Tennessee (lived here)
    Oregon
    Washington
    California
    Alaska
    Florida
    New York

Countries:
    France (spent a month here)

Random Places on Cruises (only spent a day in each place):
    Cayman Islands
    Mexico
    Bahamas
    St Maartens

Avatar drawn by Azerane - thank you! :3

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Inside USA ;

California (Los Angeles & relative areas)
    Texas (Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Galveston)
    Louisiana (Lafayette, New Oreleans)
    Colorado (Colorado Springs)
    Wisconsin (Wisconsin Dells)
    Pennsylvania (Gettysburg, Hanover, Pittsburgh, Philidelphia)
    Maryland (Baltimore, D.C.)
    Virginia & West Virginia (numerous areas)
    Missouri (Saint Louis, Saint Chalres & numerous areas)
    Illinois (Chicaga, numerous areas)

Pleases I'd like to go inside USA ;

New York City & Brighton Beach
    Miami
    Chicago again.
    the state of Montana

and there are other places I've been and such but for USA this is it that I can recall.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm in Finland right now. :3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oh, that sounds really cool Nit! I've always wanted to travel there (and try Koskenkorva, lol). Hope you' re having a great time.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    My sister might be going to Sweden again, by bus, haha! Took about, 24 hours to get there, lol, but WAY cheaper then flying, and well, if you got the time ... which I got ... haha.
    (from Belgium to Sweden that is)
    So I may join her if I can. She's been there for 6 months going to school, and 2 weeks ago, she actually went by bus for a few days.

I can scratch USA of my list, been twice now in the past 4 years *wOOp*wOOp*

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

COWS CAN'T BASE CUT ACCIDENTS!! Littlefoot's Avatar
    Body is in Colorado Springs, CO. Soul is in Santa Fe, NM and Estes Park, CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I haven't done much traveling in my life, and I've never been outside the USA .

Here's where I've been:
    - Santa Fe, NM (born and raised there! )
    - Pretty much all over central and north-central New Mexico
    - Most of the Colorado Front Range (including where I live now)
    - Estes Park, CO (passed through on the way to Rocky Mountain National Park, and found heaven on Earth!)
    - Many places in the San Luis Valley in New Mexico and Colorado (I really love Crestone, CO)
    - Petrified Forest National Park, AZ
    - Philadelphia, PA area
    - New Jersey
    - New York, NY (Saw the TLK musical there )
    - Orlando, FL (DISNEY WORLD!!! )
    - Texas panhandle
    - Oklahoma (BORING!! )

I'll edit this post later to add places I want to go.
    "I paid, but it's not slippery road surface. Finally, I was a taxi!"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I've been to a few places!

In Europe...
    - Sweden (where I come from There's still so much to see here though.)
    - Denmark (Copenhagen and Helsingör mostly. Mainly have lovely ice cream memories from there xD)
    - Norway (near the Swedish border, with grandparents, who have a summer house right on the border)
    - Germany (I've passed through a lot on road trips with my family, but I went on a proper visit to Berlin. Lovely Christmas markets And me and my friend returned home the day before the market attack in 2016...)
    - France (Paris, Normandy, Alsace. Beautiful, beautiful places <3 Normandy was a very powerful experience especially, as we made a point of visiting a lot of historical WW2 sites.)
    - Switzerland (for skiing~ We used to get to borrow a small mountain chalet (cottage) from friends of my mum's, so we went there almost every winter when I was little.)
    - Italy (Milano and Rome. Milano will always be a special place to me, I think. I went there on a weekend trip with my former student union colleagues and it was both fantastic and rather melancholic for me. Never done a trip like that before, probably never will again.)
    - Greece (when I was very little, so I don't remember much. I'd like to see Athens someday!)
    - England, of course (London is my favourite city in the world <3)
    - Scotland (to Edinburgh! Amazing place, I need to go back there again)

I've also passed through Belgium and the Netherlands, but I don't really count them as I didn't exactly stop and see the sights

Elsewhere...
    - Hong Kong (as a layover before we headed to Australia/NZ!)
    - Australia (<3)
    - New Zealand (<3 <3 <3)
    - USA (New York City and Miami/Orlando, twice, so far. Managed to convince the family to go to Disney World the first time, at least )

Australia and New Zealand were always my dream destinations growing up, so I've checked the main goals off my list of where to go already :P After them came Scotland, and I've been there too now! But, I really, really, really want to revisit all three. Someday I will

Otherwise I think the north of Sweden is top of my list right now. I've been around the world (sorta), but I've barely explored my home country and the north seems so, so beautiful. I just need to find a companion to go with me and the money to make it there and I'll be off

I'd also really like to go to the US west coast, and a bunch of the US national parks, but I think that's a goal for further down the line. Someday when I have a decent job and pay xP

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    A few places? That's a very impressive list, Kanu!

Places I've been to:

-Greece (where I'm from...I've visited most of major sites and cities on the mainland, but not as many islands as I would have liked to...)
    -Italy (Milan, Florence, Rome)
    -Netherlands (where my bf lives...I've really lost count of how many times I've travelled there. I've also lived there for 2 years. I've been to almost every major dutch city multiple times.)

I've passed through Germany as well, but I wouldn't count it as sightseeing...Also Switzerland.

So yeah, my list is pretty small...But I intend to change that in the future.

Some of the places I've dreamed of visiting include:

-Scotland
    -Norway
    -Finland
    -Japan
    -New Zealand
    -Disneyland (the one in Paris would probably be the easiest to travel to, but any other would do too)
    -Somewhere in Africa for safari (the child in me demands this)

I'd love to travel more through Europe by car or train as well. For a longer period, like for a month or something.

Quote Originally Posted by KanuTGL View Post

I'd like to see Athens someday!
    Hey, I live in Athens. Let me know if you ever drop by.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've been only been to Zurich, Luzon, Amsterdam, London, Paris, Jakarta, Bandung, Bali, Singapore, and Hat Yai. Maybe for the next concert maybe to Bangkok? Let's see where Slayer, Megadeth or Fleetwood Mac goes.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've been dying for years to get an Interrail global pass and just travel around Europe by train for a month. Just take my time and visit as many places as possible. I love travelling by train, it's such a chill experience to take your time and enjoy places in my opinion. But yeah, another thing that will have to wait with the whole covid-19 situation. Plus money I don't have right now.

But it's definitely one thing I still dream of doing someday.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Oh that's cool Kossu! Sounds like a great adventure. I love being on trains too. Sit back, relax (usually) and just look outside, hehe.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kossu View Post
    I've been dying for years to get an Interrail global pass and just travel around Europe by train for a month. Just take my time and visit as many places as possible. I love travelling by train, it's such a chill experience to take your time and enjoy places in my opinion. But yeah, another thing that will have to wait with the whole covid-19 situation. Plus money I don't have right now.

But it's definitely one thing I still dream of doing someday.
    I would LOVE doing something like that because i love trains and also love to visit new places. unfortunately, Brazil no long has long distance rail lines, so i would need to go somewhere else to do such thing.

Your friendly neighbourhood poom! Taneli's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I have been to many places, though mostly within Europe!

Europe
    England - Where I'm from, specifically Yorkshire. I still live here now!
    Scotland - Only been to Edinburgh, but planning a trip to Glasgow in the future.
    Wales - Cardiff, Bangor, Blaenau Ffestiniog, and of course Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch (I went here for my 30th birthday)
    Ireland - Been to Dublin a few times, but need to see more of the country

France - Paris and Disneyland Paris, naturally
    Spain - Too many to mention, I've been to so much of Spain and the Spanish islands!
    Netherlands - Amsterdam but haven't been for 20 years, really need to fix that and see more!
    Germany - Berlin, Münster, Düsseldorf, Dortmund, Magdeburg, Suhl. I love Germany
    Poland - Gdańsk. I love this city. Also want to see more of Poland someday.
    Ukraine - Kyiv, Pripyat/Chernobyl. Another awesome country!
    Norway - Sola, Stavanger
    Sweden - Malmö, Gothenburg. Need to see Stockholm someday!
    Finland - Helsinki, Espoo, Vantaa, Turku, Tampere, Jyväskylä, Rovaniemi, Oulu. My most favourite country ever!

I've also connected in Denmark and Belgium airport

North America

Mexico - Mexico City, Mérida, Valladolid, Cancún, Chetumal. Visited Mexico in 2014, had an awesome time
    Bahamas - Nassau

USA - see below

The USA is probably my most frequently visited country so it gets its own category

USA
    New York - Syracuse, Rochester (need to visit NYC one day!)
    Florida - Orlando, Tampa, Daytona Beach, St Augustine, Cape Canaveral
    Georgia - Atlanta
    Washington - Seattle, Renton
    Oregon - Portland, Clackamas, Tillamook, Cannon Beach, Medford
    California - San Francisco, San Jose, Burbank, Anaheim (Disneyland yay!)
    Nevada - Reno, Las Vegas
    Arizona - Flagstaff, Grand Canyon, Page
    Utah - Monument Valley

I've also connected in Minneapolis/St Paul MN, Charlotte NC, and Salt Lake City UT

I _think_ that's everywhere I've been! No doubt I've forgotten some places though.

As for where I'd like to go, Australia and New Zealand definitely, as well as places in South America like Chile. I think I'd also quite like to visit Japan. Oh, and Canada!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    We go to Yorkshire for our holidays, Adam's mom has a holiday home there (Filey). Love it there!

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Your friendly neighbourhood poom! Taneli's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I love Filey, it's so calm and quiet compared to Scarborough and Bridlington. Friend from school had a relative that lived in Filey when we were little and we used to spend hours on the beach and on Filey Brigg. Should really go back to the coast someday

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Bridlington and Scarborough are nice, but like any "small-ish" town, you seen it once or twice, you've seen it all, lol. When we were in Bridlington last month, after 10 minutes I was like: meh, been here so many times now, I'm done. Haha!

It's just nice at the holiday home, view of the sea, quiet (just how I like it, I can't stand a lot neighbour noise).

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathalie View Post
    It's just nice at the holiday home, view of the sea, quiet (just how I like it, I can't stand a lot neighbour noise).
    Same, I quite appreciate a quiet hotel/ room/ etc., especially if it's close to nature. Also did I mention how I'm dying to go to a place by the sea, aaaah.

@Taneli; That's quite an impressive travel list! I'm so impressed by how much some of you fellow Lea members have traveled.

@ThiagoPE; That's a pity Thiago. It quite surprises me to hear that, since Brazil is quite a big country. Northern and Central Europe has a pretty good train system, the Balkans not so much, still possible to travel though. Other than Europe, I only know of the Transiberian railway, which also seems reaaaally cool(also kind of in my bucket list, haha). Perhaps the US has also an interesting train system for such a journey? I wonder.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Kossu, I'll happily join you through the US, haha, that would be so cool in America.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Haha, indeed that would be pretty cool! Europe is more likely of a destination than America for such a trip for the next years, I suppose. Unless I win the lottery or something.

Would make a pretty amazing trip for sure though, especially with friends.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Well, you know, there's Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu