Thanks Thanks:  1

Thread: Travel: where have you been? Where would you like to go?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow Leor, you've been so many places! Why were you living in Poland? =o (if you don't mind me asking lol)

This thread reminded me, I'd like to visit Mexico too! It's funny, one time we were driving down south and almost ended up crossing the border by accident lol, but I've never actually been there I'm not sure where I would like to visit there... maybe the Mayan ruins, or some of the famous beaches =)

I'd like to go to Iceland too! It looks absolutely gorgeous

I'll post some armchair travel pictures for CGW, sorry if I look weird, it was a few years ago

Germany: me outside Neuschwanstein, Hohenschwangau Castle, some forest we hiked through, driving on the freeway, Neuschwanstein, Neuschwanstein again, some beautiful Bavarian countryside (Schwangau)

Italy: me in Venice (I look so unhappy xD), gondolas in the canal, my friends laughing about something while I filled up my water bottle in Venice, the beach, taking a gondola ride, the Grand Canal, a backstreet in Jesolo, more Venice, me with all the pigeons in Venice, Venice Disney Store!!!, the view from our hotel balcony in Jesolo, sidestreet in Venice

Switzerland: Engelberg, some nice scenery (this might actually be in Austria lol... we drove through there), some more scenery (it was foggy hence the gloom)

France: in front of the Arc de Triomphe, shopping on Champs-Elysee, Fontaine Saint-Michel, me in front of the Eiffel Tower, at the Louvre

...haha it was fun to see those again

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wow, you have some really gorgeous pictures there, Sombolia. I'd love to add Italy to my list of places I'd like to visit

Quote Originally Posted by Sombolia View Post
    Wow Leor, you've been so many places! Why were you living in Poland? =o (if you don't mind me asking lol)
    I don't mind, no xD I went there as part of a youth exchange student program by Rotary International when I was 18. Basically, a family sends a young son or daughter to live with another family in a different country for a year, and at the same time, they recieve a youth from another family from another country, and so on. In 2004, me and my brother were both sent away. I went to Poland while he went to France, and in our place my family recieved a girl from Switzerland and a girl from Brazil.

It was a great year, and I was so glad I got to stay with a really nice Polish family. And of course, I didn't know then if I would ever be able to be back in Europe, so I did as much travelling as I could during that year, visiting some of the exchange students that went to Mexico in the year before, and such.

After coming back, I didn't think I'd be going back to Europe again in a long time, but then 5 years later I went to England to meet KS for the first time, and I kept going there since then ^^

Quote Originally Posted by King Simba
    Don't forget you've been to Sheffield as well. There are probably many other places you've missed but I can't think of them right now.
    Oh, right xD I'll add it, thanks ^^ I also forgot Nottingham, so I'll add that too xD

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)