Sorry if there's already been a thread like this, I couldn't find one, though. I know a lot of people on this forum have done quite a bit of traveling, so I thought it would be fun to talk about the places you've been, why you went there, where you'd like to go and why, etc ^^ Travel is a favorite topic of mine, so sorry if I ramble a lot... xD

I'll start;

Places I've been:
* Los Angeles -- well, obviously, since I live here!
* San Francisco -- I'd love to go back, it's actually one of the cities I'm looking into moving when I transfer schools.
* Washington, DC -- I went (along with the next two spots) on a school trip. I'd love to go back here too; as a journalism student and a politics/history nerd, it holds a lot of intrigue for me ^^
* Philadelphia, PA
* New York City -- did a lot, but not even half the stuff I wanted to; I'd love to go back! And it's another city that I definitely wouldn't mind living in, though I know it's expensive as heck.
* Munich -- (this and all the European cities below were part of a post-graduation high school trip)
* Schwangau, Germany -- home of the famous Neuschwanstein castle, which Disney's castle was based on. Not only the castle but the surrounding area was breathtakingly gorgeous, I definitely wouldn't mind returning (and touring the other castle in the area).
* Lido di Desolo, Italy -- a tourist-trap beach town near Venice, for a bunch of dumb American kids that had just graduated high school, it was pretty much our first opportunity to party, meet people, drink, etc And swim in the Mediterranean, of course, the beaches there were gorgeous!
* Venice -- this was #1 town to visit, and it completely lived up to my expectations. Going on a gondola ride was like a dream come true =) My only complaint is that I only got to spend less than one day there, so there's still so much left to be seen, I definitely want to go back!
* Milan
* Lucerne, Switzerland
* Engelberg, Switzerland -- it's a small ski resort town, but we went in the off season, so it was pretty deserted and what few shops there were closed early. It was still breathtakingly gorgeous, though, what with the rolling green hills and rivers and stuff. Definitely would go back
* Paris -- I like to think I'm not overly idealistic about Paris. Of course any big city is going to have its share of danger, rude people and dirty areas, and my former French teacher lived there for many years and had plenty of horror stories to tell, not to mention our hotel wasn't exactly in the safest area itself. But even after all that I still (perhaps naively) hold a quite romantic view of the city, and I'd love to visit again or even study abroad there for a semester. And... go to EuroDisney, of course, hehe.
* Austin, TX -- I went there for a convention but I ended up utterly falling in love with the city. I'm definitely going back next summer for the same con, but it's another city I'm looking into to transfer schools there (I know, all my dream cities are really expensive, shh, I'm a dreamer!)

Places I'd love to go:
* London
* Berlin (probably #1 on my list)
* Helsinki
* Moscow
* Munich-- for Oktoberfest
* Rome
* Prague
* Tokyo
* Amsterdam
* --I'm sure there are places I'm forgetting, but that's all I can think of right now

But yeah! What about you guys?? Tell us some interesting travel stories