Thanks Thanks:  1

Thread: Travel: where have you been? Where would you like to go?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I've been to a few places!

In Europe...
    - Sweden (where I come from There's still so much to see here though.)
    - Denmark (Copenhagen and Helsingör mostly. Mainly have lovely ice cream memories from there xD)
    - Norway (near the Swedish border, with grandparents, who have a summer house right on the border)
    - Germany (I've passed through a lot on road trips with my family, but I went on a proper visit to Berlin. Lovely Christmas markets And me and my friend returned home the day before the market attack in 2016...)
    - France (Paris, Normandy, Alsace. Beautiful, beautiful places <3 Normandy was a very powerful experience especially, as we made a point of visiting a lot of historical WW2 sites.)
    - Switzerland (for skiing~ We used to get to borrow a small mountain chalet (cottage) from friends of my mum's, so we went there almost every winter when I was little.)
    - Italy (Milano and Rome. Milano will always be a special place to me, I think. I went there on a weekend trip with my former student union colleagues and it was both fantastic and rather melancholic for me. Never done a trip like that before, probably never will again.)
    - Greece (when I was very little, so I don't remember much. I'd like to see Athens someday!)
    - England, of course (London is my favourite city in the world <3)
    - Scotland (to Edinburgh! Amazing place, I need to go back there again)

I've also passed through Belgium and the Netherlands, but I don't really count them as I didn't exactly stop and see the sights

Elsewhere...
    - Hong Kong (as a layover before we headed to Australia/NZ!)
    - Australia (<3)
    - New Zealand (<3 <3 <3)
    - USA (New York City and Miami/Orlando, twice, so far. Managed to convince the family to go to Disney World the first time, at least )

Australia and New Zealand were always my dream destinations growing up, so I've checked the main goals off my list of where to go already :P After them came Scotland, and I've been there too now! But, I really, really, really want to revisit all three. Someday I will

Otherwise I think the north of Sweden is top of my list right now. I've been around the world (sorta), but I've barely explored my home country and the north seems so, so beautiful. I just need to find a companion to go with me and the money to make it there and I'll be off

I'd also really like to go to the US west coast, and a bunch of the US national parks, but I think that's a goal for further down the line. Someday when I have a decent job and pay xP

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    A few places? That's a very impressive list, Kanu!

Places I've been to:

-Greece (where I'm from...I've visited most of major sites and cities on the mainland, but not as many islands as I would have liked to...)
    -Italy (Milan, Florence, Rome)
    -Netherlands (where my bf lives...I've really lost count of how many times I've travelled there. I've also lived there for 2 years. I've been to almost every major dutch city multiple times.)

I've passed through Germany as well, but I wouldn't count it as sightseeing...Also Switzerland.

So yeah, my list is pretty small...But I intend to change that in the future.

Some of the places I've dreamed of visiting include:

-Scotland
    -Norway
    -Finland
    -Japan
    -New Zealand
    -Disneyland (the one in Paris would probably be the easiest to travel to, but any other would do too)
    -Somewhere in Africa for safari (the child in me demands this)

I'd love to travel more through Europe by car or train as well. For a longer period, like for a month or something.

Quote Originally Posted by KanuTGL View Post

I'd like to see Athens someday!
    Hey, I live in Athens. Let me know if you ever drop by.