Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How did you get the TLK movies?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got all of the Lion King movies from a store.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I have a new one, the Finnish DVD version of Simba's Pride, thank you STM ^_^

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    VHS when I was a child shortly after release.
    2003 on pirated (where I rediscovered The Lion King).
    Mostly I keep the story line and scene in my mind.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by HasiraKali
    I got them all in person on their original release dates. I actually was able to get TLK the first time around on VHS a few days early. It was released on March 3rd and I had it on February 28th. Because I'm cool like that.
    It's the same as me... On February 28, 1995, we got our copy of TLK on VHS. I even pretended to be sick that day so I could stay home and watch TLK. My little sister was so upset that I watched it without her before she came home from school.

I bought all of them in stores on their original release dates too. The Lion King VHS, The Lion King II Simba's Pride VHS, The Lion King DVD (Special Edition Box Set), The Lion King 1 ? DVD, and The Lion King II Simba's Pride DVD.

(I also have that old DVD of Simba's Pride, before the one that was released in 2004. I wish I didn't buy that... It cost a lot, and I did that because at the time I didn't know when Disney was going to release it on DVD again. Plus that DVD sucks. It doesn't even have anamorphic widescreen. That's the only thing I didn't buy on the release date, but that's because I already bought the other versions of Simba's Pride on the release date, and plus the fact I didn't get a DVD player until Christmas of 2000.)
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The TLK trilogy DVD box set was a gift for my 14th, requested quite spontaneously and for no particular reason at the time, and opened in a Pizza Hut near Bristol. I think all of us have received birthday gifts that have changed our lives in some capacity, and for me, that box set unexpectedly turned out to be it.

And oh yeah, I got the TLK and SP vhid-ee-ohs (whatever those are) about a couple of weeks after they came out in the UK, but I haven?t touched them for literally years? I?ve been quite into randomly browsing on eBay lately, so who knows, maybe some antique collector will pay good money for those tapes (?cause if vhid-ee-ohs ain?t antiques, I don?t know what are ).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    What's a vhid-ee-oh ?

VHS, video

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got the orginal Lion King film when it came out on my birthday which sadly now is broken. I pre ordered Lion King II when it first came out. Pre Ordered The Lion King Special Edition & got it on the day it was realsed (got a free mug). & I bought The Lion King 3 when it first came out got a free Pumbaa Toy. I don''t have any of them on DVD only on Video