Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Animal photographs taken at the zoo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    these are awesome photos. ive been to many zoos but none of the pictures ever came out that well since the animals were always pretty far away. i havent been to the one in Seattle yet, but now i really want to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A few clinics right after my discharge for my transplant (about three weeks) My parents took me to Pittsburg zoo on the way home. No one was at the lion exibit, and none of the animals there were awake, I was feeling really sore and tired and had to sit down for a rest. Of course I sat right in front of the window, and while I was resting the male lion there padded down to the water by the window. He just stood there and we looked at each other, locking eyes he looked so wise, like he understood me. We stayed like this for a long moment before he turned and strolled back up the hill, right at the same time as other visitors ran to see him.
    I kinda felt like he gave me a special viewing, and it was really intense.
    I thought it would be a cool story to share with you all.
    I hope to be going back to the zoo this March after clinic, maybe I'll get some good pics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is a shot i took back at Perth Zoo (the other side of Australia from where i live)

These are shots ive taken from Taronga Zoo here in Sydney

Forgive me for the boarders on the images, ive taken them straight off my Deviant Art account, as im at Danis place in the UK... miles away from my PC

Broken... thats really awesome... and aweful nice of the lion *chuckles* i think thats what i dislike about zoos.. is just how many people there are... and they just look take a photo and move on. Its like a check list for them... they don't enjoy it or realise how lucky they are to see animals like these... so close up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    oh wow! StE those pictures are spectacular!!!!! great composition! and you must have some camera! the focus and color is amazing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great shot of the lions! I imagine that's pretty rare to have 2 males in the same enclosure. And I love the emu too, he's truly at home down at your zoo...

Hope you'll post more!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Our zoo has two male lions right now too. We've also got two male jaguars and a breeding pair of tigers. Oh and baby komodos!

They're way too cute.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Komodos are very very awesome! Nice close up there

@ Lunarcat thanks ^^ *hugs* Yeah im love with my camera... but what i wouldn't do for Lion King 300's camera *drools*

@ Lion King 300 Yeah it is rare, i haven't seen it anywhere else. Though the during feeding time they have to separate them. I think the son will be shipped out sooner or later to Taronga's other zoo, along with the daughter as shes probably reaching maturity.

Emu almost pecked my eyes out... hehee, but hes a real cute one! Ill post more eventually!

Thanks for the positive feedback

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Awesome shot y'all especially the "eye of the tiger".

where's the tiger in that poll?
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    StE: Wow, all those photos look awesome. I really like the close-up you did of the lions and the tiger, the emu doesn't look too bad either. The detail you see on them is just amazing. ^^

I wanted to get a camera similar to yours with my Christmas money, but they we all topping 400 quid. x_x They look as though they can take some pretty awesome shots though. I'll add you to DA so I can see some more of your awesome stuff. Keep up the great work.

HK: Nice close-up of the baby Komodo, awesome presentation and composition there.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *grins* thanks KS! I dunno if ive added you to DA.. if not ill be sure to add you back!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Very cool pics everyone.

We have a Persian Leopard at the zoo in Adelaide, though the enclosure isn't very photography friendly, nor is the leopard. What I wouldn't give to get a decent shot of that guy though, because he's absolutely gorgeous.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SIMBAtheENIGMA
    *grins* thanks KS! I dunno if ive added you to DA.. if not ill be sure to add you back!
    No problem, and thanks for adding me back.

The nearest zoo to me is like 60 miles away (unless you can count Flamingo Land as one, which is like 40 something miles away) so my visits to zoos are pretty much limited. These are nowhere near as good as some of you guys photos, but here are some photos I taken at various zoos. Twycross zoo near Birmingham and Fuengirola zoo in Spain.

Amur leopard.

Colobus monkey.

Chimps.

Tiger.

Crocs.

Lemurs.

I'd post the photos I taken on animals in the wild, but I don't think you can post those here.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thats alot of crocs KS! *chuckles* nice Tiger shot ^^ hes adorable! Love the leopard! Pity about the flash bounce back.

This little guy wasn't happy with me at all. This is a pic i took at a Wildlife Park here in the UK, Cambridge called Shepreth. He even tried to attack me!

And heres an owl...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh I love owls
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group