Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: FIFA World Cup - Germany 2006

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Guess who won...
    [sarcasm] Yaaaaaaay for Germany [/sarcasm]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If it's any consolation Neola, I have to deal with England tomorrow, and if it's possible, I loathe them even more than you with Germany.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Monai
    If it's any consolation Neola, I have to deal with England tomorrow, and if it's possible, I loathe them even more than you with Germany.
    I'm soooo glad I'm not the only one! The football is driving me mad. I'm sick of it. I'm also glad that I don't live with my dad anymore, he has a slight hearing problem he won't admit to - and every time England score (lol) the volume goes up. Shaun and I both hate football, so our place is a football free zone.

But yeah, this isn't a football hate thread so I'll leave it at that, lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm well, today started the second round. In the first match, Germany defeated Sweden for 2-0, in a really easy match, easier than anyone would expect. Also Swedish player Henrik Larsson missed a penalty kick... It was too bad, cause it was his last match at the Swedish National Team, and a player like him would have deserved better luck at this match.
    In the second match, Argentina defeated Mexico for 2-1, it was a very tough match, Argentina didn't play well and I was really nervous, but I finally survived to the match (didn't die of a heart attack during it) and I have to say that if we play like that, we will loose to Germany in our next match

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Neola
    [/B]
    So nice!
    here almost all house, buildings, anywhere have the brazilian flag or anything in green and yellow to remeber the world cup hehehehehe

Well, but i still not very hopefiull with our team, they started play fine after japan made that goal, if that was a "slap" to wake upo them, nice, but if not... we don?t go past portugal .... (yes, i think portugal will will from england)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Lion Roar
    In the second match, Argentina defeated Mexico for 2-1, it was a very tough match, Argentina didn't play well and I was really nervous, but I finally survived to the match (didn't die of a heart attack during it) and I have to say that if we play like that, we will loose to Germany in our next match
    Yeah, Argentina didn't play that well...I would've expected much more actually. But I'm glad they made it anyways and I hope they'll kick Germany's butt next time

So nice!
    here almost all house, buildings, anywhere have the brazilian flag or anything in green and yellow to remeber the world cup hehehehehe
    Thanks ^^
    We have the same here though...flags everywhere...too bad they're all Germany flags
    I have 3 of those flags and a few smaller ones :P I also have loads of Brazilian styled clothes (which I'm also wearing atm ) and a self made tatoo

And don't worry, Brazil will DEFIANTELY defeat Ghana tomorrow and whoever may come next. They showed what they're capable of when playing against Japan (well, at least after that accident goal as I call it =P )

But we could have Brazil in the semi-finals? Darnit lol, we're screwed ...
    Yup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
    Darnit lol, we're screwed ...
    Not necessarily, Brazil are overrated in my eyes. Ok, they have a very talented squad, but it's not the team on paper, it's the team on the pitch that counts. And if the Brazilians get complacent about all the hype they're getting, then they'll be over confident and then get boshed by whoever is playing them.

And FWIW, since England made it to the knockout stages, I'm pinning colours to the mast and supporting England. We've got to win something sometime. Obviously I'm not getting my hopes up or anything since it's England, but whoever they're playing next, I hope England can get a win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    First goal for Brazil!

I'm watching the match on Brazilian TV btw, which is far more interesting than the German version

Who of you thinks Ghana'll win, huh? =P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes Brazil won today. They showed that without making a "Jogo bonito", they have very talentous players that are very effective when they have the chance to score a goal. But what I didn't like about Brazil was their defenders, they were really bad and gave a lot of space to the Ghana players, who didn't score 'cause they are bad at shooting. I think that Brazil should improve their defense for the next match, 'cause France has very dangerous players, as they showed tonight, when they eliminated Spain.
    Talking about the other matches, I have seen a strong Germany (a bit slowly in defense though), a irregular Argentina, a "lazy" and very defensive Italy, a weak Ucrania (who reached the quarterfinals just because Switzerland missed all the penalty kicks), England can play better, Portugal was good but will miss some important players for the next match... I don't know, but I think that Brazil will have to improve a lot if it wants to win the World Cup; however, none of the other teams are playing well on every match, they're being irregular... And the most regular one, at the moment, is Germany. Because of that, and because they play at home, they may be the champions... Anyway, in football, anything can happen, we never know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Shock win for France today, I was expecting Spain to run away with it, but it wasn't meant to be.

Originally posted by Neola
    How many bloody rooftiles does a German house need!? o_O

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I also thought Spain would win....but as you said, Lion Roar, you never know...

Originally posted by Tiikeri
    How many bloody rooftiles does a German house need!? o_O
    Why, that's normal over here And have you noticed...the rooftiles are green and the house is yellow...what does that remind you of, eh?

Here's a little help...my room...:

my fav part of my room...yup, that's a hammock...hmm...what could those colors stand for...

clothes...green and yellow again...XD

some other stuff...like shoes, socks and the like...

a wooden parrot (bought in Brazil) and a huge photo of Foz do Igua?u
    in Brazil
    ...damnit I shared too much

btw...my room has been like that for 3 years now so it's not only because of the World Cup. (Well, the clothes are, yes )

EDIT: I forgot to say something...

I HATE BRAZIL!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was a shame that Henke Larsson missed that penalty shoot that could have brought us back into the game but its not the end of the world which alot of the media here seems to think..well just after the loss anyways.

I am happy that sweden got out of the group at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    NO!
    Argentina played SO well, they didn't deserve to lose at all. Germany only won because of the penalty...the world is so unfair!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well done to Germany, they deserved to win. And it seems the Argentinians haven't changed one iota, starting a brawl afterwards....fecking sore losers, get over it. It's only football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not all the Argentinians are like that Tiikeri, but well. And I don't think they deserved to loose either, I think Germany and Argentina played more or less at the same level, and they won in the penalties (where everything can happen). Moreover, the referee was bad (like in the Brazil-Ghana match), but anyway, I'm not blaming anyone for the *expected* defeat.

BTW, I think that the final will be Germany-Brazil, and the South Americans will win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Lion Roar
    BTW, I think that the final will be Germany-Brazil, and the South Americans will win.
    I agree there... those two seem to be the two most likely... though... the others still do have a chance ... anything can happen...

I'm voting for Brazil

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    That last penalty from Portugal was so unfair.

The dude stops twice while walking before he actually hit the ball.

That's just so wrong in my opinion. Misleading the keeper.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    England has been knocked out
    They tried, but they have been shot down.

Come on England for the world cup 2010 !!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by ?nathalie?
    The dude stops twice while walking before he actually hit the ball.

That's just so wrong in my opinion. Misleading the keeper.
    Christiano Ronaldo is a see you next tuesday, nothing more to say. Mind you he plays for Manchester United so what can you expect?

Unlucky England, you certainly didn't disgrace yourselves today. You kept your heads high even after the Rooney and Beckham incidents. And as a Welshman I can say I'm very proud of you, you went down fighting, and you did the whole of the UK proud. Well done.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I didn't see the game though, only the penalty's, lol.

Watching a DVD, and the DVD just ended when the penalty's started, hehe.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu