Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Singing "Circle of Life" in the car...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Singing "Circle of Life" in the car...

Forgive me if this belongs somewhere else, because I could have very easily tacked this onto the "Is your HUGE love for TLK a secret?" thread, adding this as another piece of evidence of why it really isn't. But this way, I thought it might start up an interesting line of discussion.

So, on to the story.

:shout:

Yesterday was the conference championship for my high school tennis team, and I was playing 3rd Singles (that means I'm the third best player on the team). Anyway, during a lull in the day between matches, I thought I needed some relaxation, and so I went to my car, found my Disney mix, and turned it to the TLK tracks. Being in choir, I like to sing, and it is a great way to relieve stress. I always sing in the car, and one of my favorite songs to sing is "Circle of Life," or, as I've learned now, CoL. By now I think I've gotten pretty good at it, although I'm sure my African chanting sounds ridiculous.

So, I was getting into it, just as if there was no one there, and there was no possibility of anyone ever coming by. But, of course, someone did. Luckily, he was a good friend from the tennis team, and his question of "Was that 'Circle of Life'"? was quickly followed by, "you know, you could finish if you really want to." I was trying to come up with an explanation of "yeah, I was singing The Lion King; I always sing in the car - always". But he really didn't care, and we went to play a pick-up game before the trophy ceremony, no "guess what he was doing in the car before I got there," nothing like that to the rest of the team. I was grateful.

But so I open this up to your own experiences. Do you sing in the car, in the shower, and if so, do you ever sing music from the soundtracks? And yes, I have seen the fan project of making a TLK soundtrack using singers from Lea, and would gladly join (but it seems like that thread has been dead a while).

Oh, and as a obvious opportunity to brag, I won first place in the conference and was named to the All Conference team. (Sorry, I just had to.)

:kovusmile

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I do sing a lot in the car.. not always Lion King stuff but.. yeah I sing a lot in the car.

I have been known to sing all the Lion King songs from the first and second movie whilst in the shower too :horror: very apt smilie, as I can't sing and.. well.. its in the shower

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    (walks in quietly ...)

@ Dyani, check your PM's

(walks out quietly ...)

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    done/doing

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Lol, I'd almost forgot to reply on the subject, haha, I voted "yes".

Usually daily, a song pops into my head, haha.
    I don't sing out loud or anything I'd scare my neighbours

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Singing "Circle of Life" in the car...

Originally posted by Zephyr Nexus
    And yes, I have seen the fan project of making a TLK soundtrack using singers from Lea, and would gladly join (but it seems like that thread has been dead a while).
    Owww, I remember! That thread was originally my idea...but when my pc broke down back in october and I was offline for a few months, I totally forgot about it.
    I'd love to catch up on that project again
    *goes check threads*

Oh, to answer your question: Yeah, sometimes I do sing TLK songs, but not if people are around...I do have my reasons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I Sing when im on my motorbike

The amount of people that look at me when i stop at a red light singing "he lives in you"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm, I mosh....whilst driving oO I haven't sung any TLK songs yet though, it's mainly some sort of thrash metal song <3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah... I do it all the time. I just got home actually and I was singing Endless Night all the way home.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This Land - I sing on my motorbike too, anything that pops up at the time , I sometimes even try to "dance" so I jump up and down a lil

But yeah I love to sing, I sing endless night in the shower or shadowlands (I didn't say I use the soap for a microphone sometimes *blushes*) - Always out loud - singing silently actually "kills" your voice and makes you get all the wrong high and low tones - who cares about the neighbours, I'm not all that bad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Zaya
    This Land - I sing on my motorbike too, anything that pops up at the time , I sometimes even try to "dance" so I jump up and down a lil
    Just take care not to tap your feet while driving

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Oh I was jammin' out on the way home today. I was all into the song. I'm sure some people thought I was having an episode.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In gov't class today, we sang some Disney songs b/c there was nothing left to do... we all remembered how good they were.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Vote: Yes, all the time

Hehe, just this morning I was singing TLK tunes in the shower, I was singing while I was making myself some food and dancing around the kitchen Sometimes I sing on the bus when I'm sitting at the back and there's nobody else on it. And I sometimes sing on my way to the bus stop, not always TLK, but I often sing it because I know the songs so well.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    There was a group chat yesterday? Why was I not invited? I was so bored yesterday.

I like to sing in the bathroom because it sounds better.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by ?nathalie?
    Lol, I'd almost forgot to reply on the subject, haha, I voted "yes".

Usually daily, a song pops into my head, haha.
    I don't sing out loud or anything I'd scare my neighbours
    Oh, why not? My seven year old brother and I yell TLK songs on hot days when our parents aren't home with all the doors and windows WIDE open! Then the neighbor's basset hound starts baying...

No, but really, I especially sing to TLK songs when I'm doing the dishes and cleaning my room. When I'm up in my climbing tree in my front yard (I love people's faces when they walk by and see me!), at least quietly. I've actually been slowing down since I haven't seen the movie in months because my parents say that the DVD player is too sensitve. I've been going through this unstoppable withdrawal...*sniffles*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sometimes when my friends and I are all packed in my friends van we'll sing randam Tlk songs, usually IJCWTBK and some times in the middle of first period

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Originally posted by DarkPaw
    Oh, why not? My seven year old brother and I yell TLK songs on hot days when our parents aren't home with all the doors and windows WIDE open! Then the neighbor's basset hound starts baying...
    If I could actually carry a tune ... I might sing them out loud (as for any song) haha.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
    I didn't have you added *Adds now* ^_^ ...
    Yay!

I was just dancing in the kitchen. I was doing the Simba/Nala walking with Zazu dance. (It's from the musical)

*Team Night Sky*

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    every now and then, even my friends do it when we are drunk. while driving I guess I have sang too.. not that my singing voice is anything great, but it's just kind of fun.

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.