Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Debate: Gay Marriages

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Debate: Gay Marriages

Simple straight out question, that leads to one of the biggest debates in the entire world

Homosexuality, Today its just a thing, tomorrow it could be the world. But thats just an opinion, In the World Homosexuality is looked down upon by many, but not all. Religions also condemn Homosexuality, or Sadomy(sp?)

I've looked at christian beliefs, I've looked at Muslim beliefs, I've looked at life through the athiests eyes, and I've seen what its like through a Homosexual's eyes, and been the but of many a jokes, So I know what it's like to be put down, don't need to hear how bad it is to be one, or how good it is to be one in this thread, Just a simple question thats worth to be debatable, Hopefully.. this won't lead to flame..

Should Gay Marriages be allowed in the United States, and the Earth?

I thinkin other countries the practice of Homosexuality is condemned, and foribidden, also like that of the United States, its not against the law, but its put down upon heavily, I think the only state that allows Gay Marrages in the US is California. I've seen what it's like to be Straight, Homosexual, and Bisexual, Funny thing is, I was the same person that I ever was, just a person that has different likings, and preferences, But hey.. Everyone's different aren't they? So really, i was still just the same as anyone else- Human

What are your views on Gay marrages, Or even better yet.. Homosexual's as a whole?

Once again as a reminder, no flame, I'll ask this to be deleted immediately if need be.

~KtL

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i personally don't see the problem with it.

if they want to get married, i say let them, because technically it's only discrimination on homophobic attitudes that are stopping them.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yes.

What's the problem, yeah, ok, man / man - woman / woman, but if they love each other, it shouldn't be any different then man / woman.

I personally have nothing against it.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I... don't really care. >_>

I have nothing against gays, but I'll admit there is a feeling real, real, /real/ deep down inside of me that tells me it's just... not right. I think it's that kind of animal instinct or something. I don't know. However, I almost always don't let that hinder my perception of any homosexuals I meet. I just have the tendency to meet stuck up gays (men, especially) in real life. -__-

Putting that feeling aside, I could honestly care less for the issue. Yes, sorry if I sound insensitive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
    Katse: I find gay/bi people actually tend to be more sociable than straight people in a lot of cases ^_~ ! As a female friend of mine once said: "Gay guys are great; you can go to the shopping mall with them and check out the guys together."
    I've heard that before. Funny thing is, I don't like shopping. ;P I think I've just had bad luck. I mean, I get along perfectly with most of the people I meet on here and with gay/bi girls in real life, but I just had a problem with a gay guy in my school last year. He treated me like dirt and I didn't even do anything to him. It's kind of marred the way I look at most gay guys in real life now, sadly. I find it difficult to trust them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I voted yes.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with it. C'mon, let's face it, it's up to them in the end, not us. It's not up to other people to make decisions for them. So if they wanna get married or whatever, then that's perfectly fine--let them do it.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If gay people get married, will it destroy my life and pollute the world? i think not =) i vote yes, they should be allowed to

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
    Katse: I find gay/bi people actually tend to be more sociable than straight people in a lot of cases ^_~ ! As a female friend of mine once said: "Gay guys are great; you can go to the shopping mall with them and check out the guys together."
    I've also heard from girls at school, well actualy it was a census sorta thing going on, 80% of american High school girls of the age 12-18 found it easier to tell a gay person more about there "personal life" and really laughed at this

84% of all american teenaged girls that voted said gay guys were "hot"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "84% of all american teenaged girls that voted said gay guys were "hot""

Well, c'mon- it's the whole guy/guy thing, isn't it?

Only California? I thought there were at least a couple more. Hmm.

Anyways, yes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sombolia
    "84% of all american teenaged girls that voted said gay guys were "hot""

Well, c'mon- it's the whole guy/guy thing, isn't it?
    Hey now don't get me wrong I think girl + Girl is dang hawt But er, we won't go there about things.. :E *tries to stay serious* >P

and well, if you asked any guy

99% would say, "a girl and a girl hugging or kissing would be cool"
    or something.. I guarantee you it =/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Kovu The Lion
    99% would say, "a girl and a girl hugging or kissing would be cool"
    or something.. I guarantee you it =/
    So 1% = gays/George Bush/Christians/etc?

lolz.

I wish I could say something more, but there's no debate here, really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll be the outcast and say "No." It's not because I'm a Christian. I just don't like the idea of it. It's not natural. Go ahead and say what you want.

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *shrugs*

Well, they let criminals (convicted rapists, wife-beaters, etc) get married. They let legally mentally disabled people get married. They let my father get married three times with his wonderful track record of divorce...(sanctity of marriage my arse!)

so as far as I'm concerned...hell, why not?

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    At least in the US, it really should be a state-level issue. It's not a matter of "civil rights," totally incomparable to the racial inequality of the greater part of the US' history, so local-level decisions on the matter are entirely appropriate; they're the communitites bearing the burden or receiving the benefit of any public policy they make, and thus should not have a policy (whether pro-gay or anti-gay) forced upon them.

As a personal preference, I believe there are issues of MUCH greater import in the world and which deserve the undivided attention of the US and world community before we worry about relatively petty matters -- the issue of gay marriage must needs pale when juxtaposed with northern Uganda, Darfur, September 11, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, because it isn't any of my business.

♩ "Summer's going fast, nights growing colder.
    Children growing up, old friends growing older.
    Freeze this moment a little bit longer.
    Make each sensation a little bit stronger." ♩

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by S0nique
    Yes, because it isn't any of my business.
    Oh my God, I thought I was the only one on earth that thought that

I don't like seeing good, hard-working Americans discriminated against, and I don't just mean the marriage issue. I mean issues such as donating blood, hate crime protection, hospital visitation rights, power of attorney, discrimination protection, volunteer military service, state-funded health care, adoption, and immigration, all of which are issues for homosexual or bisexual people in the US. An American is an American is an American, plain and simple*. I also don't like what seems like I'm being told that I'm a second-class citizen. Funny thing is, gay people can get married in holy matrimony in a church that will marry them, it's a matter of legal protection.

*Yes, I know not everyone here is American.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm going to say 'no'

from the christian perspective: you all know the story of 'sodom and ghamora' right? ...

but it's not my place to judge what is right and what is wrong....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by A-non-a-mus
    I'm going to say 'no'

from the christian perspective: you all know the story of 'sodom and ghamora' right? ...

isn't that in 1st corinthians 6? or 5? Well I think they showed to much affection or what not and were condemned.. or something, But yeah, No christian should judge others, since it says so in the bible, Only god/Chris jesus, can do so :s

~KtL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by A-non-a-mus
    I'm going to say 'no'

Hence Comes forth the name of "Sodomy"

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    it should be their personal business so yes.
    Getting married in chirch shouldn't tho. even thought I'm not religious, but since what chrsitanity teaches... I don't think that should be possible, but whats the big deal about gays getting married?

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.