Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Debate: Gay Marriages

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by A-non-a-mus

I'm talking family bonds... not family as in 'look seventeen kids, we are a powerful family' type of thing. The family is the basis for a strength of country if family is abolished then what reason do the soldiers pesses to protect, to fight for, to die for? If you are fighting one side for some other, there's really nothing there to push you to fight is there? Yet if you are fighting to protect your family you push yourself to you limit, if the family bond is strong that is.
    Or you can think of it as, 'What happened to brothers standing up for one another? What about so many who say 'don't talk about my mom/dad' ... or how come it is often insulting the parents that causes a fight? ... that's a show of 'family bond' ... if that wasn't there, then really what reasons have you got to continue?... and why don't you kill your brother? afterall he is just 'competition' is't he?
    The soldiers protect our country for other motives as well. Some of them don't really have any families. Some of them also want to preserve the democracy for future generations, not necessarily their kids. Some of them want to fight for democracy to keep the equal rights that democracy offers.

If brothers protect eachother, it's not going to make much of a difference in the country unless if there was a mass military invasion upon the United States. I don't see how disrespect for parents ultimately would kill the country... it's bad, but it wont really affect things on a mass scale. And you've misunderstood me about the competition... I was saying that we would have more competition not against our actual brothers, but against the children of other families in the US.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For a continuation of this topic: please subsequence the thread!

Thank you.

-Sonique

♩ "Summer's going fast, nights growing colder.
    Children growing up, old friends growing older.
    Freeze this moment a little bit longer.
    Make each sensation a little bit stronger." ♩