Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Debate: Gay Marriages

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, somehow we always end up doing this, hehe. Someone please start a thread about sex? :P
    Though I have to agree with A-non-a-mus (geez, find yourself a nickname!)
    Well, back on topic I guess

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Actually, they were having protected sex 6,000 years ago. So it's not as unnatural as you think. Either way, I still don't support gay marriage. Say what you want...even if I was Athiest or Agnostic, I would/will not support it EVER.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Neola

Though I have to agree with A-non-a-mus (geez, find yourself a nickname!)
    you can call me 'Anon' or 'Nonners' you know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What about Mussy or Nonnie? :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yes, those too whichever your prefer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by ?nathalie?
    And how did we end up with talking about sex anyways.
    Thought this thread was ment for something else.
    Actually, it ties into sex because according to some passages of the Bible, homosexual acts are considered sexually immoral.

Also, a question for those who oppose gay marriages... when the bills/propositions/etc. come for making gay marriages legal, do you vote against it, or not vote on them at all?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    against, for if the bill is passed, what are they going to do? force themselves on the church to marry them... ... basically it'll be a bill on trying to change the christian faith... if it is passed, the church I go to, and any good christian church will still refuse to marry them... against the law or not, these laws cannot change christianity...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think love is all that counts. And sex is sex even if the people doing it happen to be both males or females.

And what comes to bible, it always says things that are.. weird. Because gayness has been among people for quite a while now.. it cannot be considered as unnatural. After all, if you believe in god, you think god created everything, including gays. So basically, gays are just as "normal" as everybody else..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The longer a sin has been around doesn't make a sin any less of one... murder has been around for a long time too, is that natural? should we accept murder?

God created everything, but he gave 'choice' too, we all get to choose what we want, we all have our own opinions, and can choose to do evil or good, also the choice of view as how we look upon something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by A-non-a-mus
    against, for if the bill is passed, what are they going to do? force themselves on the church to marry them... ... basically it'll be a bill on trying to change the christian faith... if it is passed, the church I go to, and any good christian church will still refuse to marry them... against the law or not, these laws cannot change christianity...
    Not necessarily. Apparently, in Canada, churches choose whether they want to host gay marriages or not. So it's still a choice for the church to make.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yes, true, though that would mean that only few churches would be open for them... and those churches in turn would be hypocritical as they contradict their own faith by allowing a gay marriage to take place within...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yes, true, though that would mean that only few churches would be open for them... and those churches in turn would be hypocritical as they contradict their own faith by allowing a gay marriage to take place within...
    There are plenty of hypocritical churches, though. Many of them already do things that're against the Bible, so having gay marriage wouldn't be the first thing that makes a church hypocritical. Also, if you think a church is being hypocritical, why does it matter to you? If you don't attend it, why is it important? There are far too many denominations of Christianity to "unite as one", so unity shouldn't be a big issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I do believe you can get married outside of the church. If the bill is directed at forcing the Church to change it's ways when it comes to marriage, not only is it wrong but unconstitutional as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Xinithian
    There are plenty of hypocritical churches, though. Many of them already do things that're against the Bible, so having gay marriage wouldn't be the first thing that makes a church hypocritical. Also, if you think a church is being hypocritical, why does it matter to you? If you don't attend it, why is it important? There are far too many denominations of Christianity to "unite as one", so unity shouldn't be a big issue.
    yes, I know... I've been to some hypocritical churches... and have seen others... it matters to me because they are churches... they represent (or should) the christian faith... however they don't, and as more and more fall into that hypocrisy, the harder it is for those of us whom are christians... however, in the end they'll have to answer for their own sins, as will we all.

Originally posted by lion_roog
    I do believe you can get married outside of the church. If the bill is directed at forcing the Church to change it's ways when it comes to marriage, not only is it wrong but unconstitutional as well.
    yes, I know... but then again, the constitution is easily warped and bent over time. Also, who would perform the marriage anyways?... words from a false preacher mean nothing... they might as well perform it themselves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yes, I know... but then again, the constitution is easily warped and bent over time. Also, who would perform the marriage anyways?... words from a false preacher mean nothing... they might as well perform it themselves
    Haha...in some states they can perform it themselves..Here is what I found on who can perform marriage ceremonies...

"Usually the state laws provide any recognized member of the clergy (such as a Priest, Minister, Rabbi, Imam, Cantor, Ethical Culture Leader, etc.), or a judge, a court clerk, and justices of the peace have authority to perform a marriage. However in some states even the clergy must be first certified or licensed.

Some states have laws that permit other persons to apply for authority to perform marriage ceremonies. For example, California law permits anyone to apply for permission to become a Deputy Commissioner of Marriages -- the grant of authority is valid for one day -- and thus officiate at the wedding of family or friends on that one day."

http://family-law.freeadvice.com/per...geceremony.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    so much for traditions eh?
    hm... I wonder why they would need a law then... just get their friends together, perform a marrage then go home without care weither or not the gevernment thinks they are or arn't... (they don't even need a anyone with any sort of marriage license ...) ... I mean they can just go up to some guy/girl in the street and say alright you, marry these two together... ... hm... seems to me like a marriage means absolutly nothing to those whom would go that way... might as well not waste time and energy on it... besides, it won't last anyways...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    for everyone's sakes, being gay is no sin, two gay people getting married is NO sin! Call me the worst Christian around here! LOVE is NO sin, so being gay and being in love is NO sin either! With all this, you're actually saying, that if your religion would tell it is wrong to love people of the opposite sex, you'll just become gay...If you look at it from a more open perspective, we worship and praise God and nobody from this world, for we are all siners in our own ways, besides isn't our religion teaching to love and respect everyone, even the oh so great siners?

P.S.: and yes, do open a sex page, cause I'd really like to know, what enlightment did others get when having it...oh, no, when making looove

again, sorry, for being cinical and a bit rude, but I live in 2006 and am trying to be open-minded and tolerant towards everyone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    so much for traditions eh?
    hm... I wonder why they would need a law then... just get their friends together, perform a marrage then go home without care weither or not the gevernment thinks they are or arn't... (they don't even need a anyone with any sort of marriage license ...) ... I mean they can just go up to some guy/girl in the street and say alright you, marry these two together... ... hm... seems to me like a marriage means absolutly nothing to those whom would go that way... might as well not waste time and energy on it... besides, it won't last anyways...
    I think you have to be certified or licensed to perform any marriage ceremony. Marriage is very similar to a legal contract/document (it pretty much is one) because then you are bound to your wife/husband legally in some ways...usually financial it seems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Zaya
    for everyone's sakes, being gay is no sin, two gay people getting married is NO sin! Call me the worst Christian around here! LOVE is NO sin, so being gay and being in love is NO sin either! With all this, you're actually saying, that if your religion would tell it is wrong to love people of the opposite sex, you'll just become gay...If you look at it from a more open perspective, we worship and praise God and nobody from this world, for we are all siners in our own ways, besides isn't our religion teaching to love and respect everyone, even the oh so great siners?
    love is no sin, and yes, 'love your neighbor as yourself' ... (but you wouldn't have a romantic relationship with yourself now would you?)
    Being gay is sexually immoral... and it is said in th bible multiple times...you are a christian right? ... I'm not going to be calling you a bad one or anything, however, it is stated in the bible, 'acceptence of a sin is just as bad as commiting it' ...
    Love is no sin, then again, 'gay' and 'love' are not the same context as how you are saying... God is love, God is also without sin, homosexuality/sexual immorality is a sin, therefore cannot be of God or from God, and henceforth is not love.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, there are government and legal benefits to married couples, such as community property. If a marriage is not legally declared, and the marriage doesn't turn out, they can't file for divorce because they haven't been married in the first place, so there's no protection for property ownership. There are also other legal benefits with marriage.