Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerts you've been to?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Concerts you've been to?

I won't bother with naming all Belgian bands I've seen, since you all won't know them

Maybe someone knows Milow though? I've seen him a few times, he's been getting pretty big around the world for the past 2 years.

And the Scandinavian people might know Kurt Nilsen.

I can't really compare much concerts with each other.
    I mean, like, Britney Spears, I could only compare the show, which was quite good though. The 1 song she sang live was terrible :/

Bruce Springsteen doesn't need a show, he just needs to stand there and do his thing with his band.

Maybe Lady Gaga and Pink's shows can be compared a bit, because they do make a huge act of it all the time.
    I like Pink's voice much better singing live then Lady Gaga, but if I need to look at the act around it, I think Lady Gaga is the winner.

So, I've seen these, more famous bands / artists:

between 1998 - 2006: 34 x The Kelly Family (countries: Belgium, Holland, Germany, France)
    Backstreet Boys, 1996, Brussels (B)
    Shania Twain, 2004, Antwerp (B)
    Backstreet Boys, 2005, Brussels (B)
    Backstreet Boys, 2005, Cologne (D)
    Elton John, 2005, Antwerp (B)
    Bruce Springsteen, 2006, Rotterdam (NL)
    Miley Cyrus, 2009, O2 London (UK)
    Ricky Martin, 2011, Brussels (B)
    Britney Spears, 2011, Antwerp (B) --> such a shame, the venue is for 17.500 people, not even half of the venue was filled (lol)
    NKOTBSB / New Kids on the Block & Backstreet Boys, 2012, Antwerp (B)
    Mumford and sons, 2012, Pinkpop (NL)
    Bruce Springsteen, 2012 Pinkpop (NL)
    Lady Gaga, 2012, Antwerp (B)
    Eddie Izzard, 2013, Antwerp (B) I just like to add him to the list, lolz
    Pink, 2013, Antwerp (B)

to come:
    Selena Gomez, 2013, Antwerp (B)

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just one for me. I went to see The Rolling Stones when I was 13 as my friends mom got sick and couldn't go so she gave me her ticket to go with my friend... I think I would appreciate the concert way more now than I did back then.

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I used to go to concerts all the time back when my family actually had money... These are the bands I've seen that I can remember...

* Fall Out Boy (x10? x11? -- I've also traveled to San Diego and Las Vegas to see them, ah good times)
    * Green Day (x1)
    * Franz Ferdinand (x1)
    * Vans Warped Tour (x2 -- can't really see myself ever attending one again, but they were fun while I was in high school)
    * Cobra Starship (x3? maybe x4)
    * The Academy Is... (x2)
    * Gym Class Heroes (x3 -- they played at my school recently!)
    * Slayer (x1)
    * Marilyn Manson (x1)
    * Paul Wall (x2 -- opening for FOB. never again)
    * Cute Is What We Aim For (x2 -- see above)
    * Metro Station (x1 -- see above)
    * All Time Low (x1 -- see above)
    * Hey Monday (x1 -- they were ok)
    * Foo Fighters (x2)
    * Serj Tankien (x1)
    * AFI (x1)
    * Incubus (x1)
    * 30 Seconds to Mars (x1)
    * Papa Roach (x1)
    * +44 (x3)
    * Wolfmother (x1)
    * Saosin (x1)
    * Say Anything (x1)
    * Tallhart (x1)
    * Murder by Death (x1)

A lot of the artists were grouped together of course so I haven't been to as many individual shows as this list would suggest, lol... less than 20 probably.

Coming up:
    * Fall Out Boy & Panic! at the Disco in September

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Oh, I've seen Metro Station aswell.
    They were Miley's opening act. I didn't like them, haha

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hmm I've been to about five concerts in all my life, and a few amateurish bands, maybe

-Ricky Martin - El Paso, TX
    -Shakira - Chihuahua
    -Toto - Chihuahua
    -Oasis - Monterrey
    -Mago de Oz - Chihuahua (A Spanish folk/heavy metal band, I specially remember this one because of all that stench of pot )

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    You saw Ricky Martin too?
    I actually really liked his concert!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Let me think....

Matchbox 20
    Thirsty Merc
    Missy Higgins (twice)
    Jason Mraz (once or twice, can't recall)
    Jamie Cullum
    Ben Folds with Adelaide Symphony Orchestra
    Ben Folds Five

Smaller gigs:
    Ball Park Music (twice)
    Owl Eyes (hated her, my friend dragged me along)
    A couple other acts I can't remember the name of
    Peter Combe

I feel like I'm missing something important but can't for the life of me think of what it might be.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, Metro Station were soooo annoying. Like their music is bad, and they acted really obnoxious too. Bleh.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I did like their single at the moment, which was "shake it" I believe? That one was OK.
    But the other 20 minutes were horrid, lol.

And all those little kids were screaming their longs out (they were just exhited, lol).
    Which was good, because when Miley came, the screaming was much less during the songs, which is good, because I hate girls just screaming to scream, instead of singing along, haha

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I usually don't have problems with people screaming, but probably the worst was both times I saw Cute Is What We Aim For open for Fall Out Boy... I didn't like the band to begin with and people were screeching at the top of the lungs and aggressively pushing and shoving and like, elbowing people out of the way to get closer to the stage. It was really rude...

And one time at a Fall Out Boy show someone in the "moshpit" (I hestitate to call anything that happens at a FOB show "moshing", but we were really close to the front and people were dancing, jumping etc) stepped on my foot. In high heels. Who the heck wears high heels on the floor??

Also at the Slayer show I went to, it was an outdoor amphitheater and there was a lawn area behind the highest seats, and some guys lit the grass on fire and started moshing around it... luckily nobody or any property was damaged so it was pretty funny while it was going on heheh. Security came and put it out, I'm surprised those guys didn't get kicked out of the show, because as soon as security left they started it up again...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Well, I've been to boybands concerts, Backstreet Boys that is, lolz, and back in 1996, you would just scream to scream, hoping to get noticed??

Same for the concerts in 2005, lol.
    Turned out, most girls did not grow up, and definatly never forgot how to scream, haha.

I don't see the point.
    I'll "whooooooooo" when I hear the beginning of a song I really love, and I'll "whoooooooooo" at the end of the song.
    But during the song? Unless something is being said by the performers, or unless they do something, I don't scream at all.

It would be so much better if people would just sing a long with the lyrics, instead of screaming.
    Like at a Bruce Springsteen concert.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, it's a lot more fun to sing along. Screaming the whole time just wears out your voice really fast and annoys everyone around you

So what about bands/artists you really want to see live but haven't yet? Mine would be the band Tool... I've been dying to see them for years but they haven't played in LA for a while. They're on tour in Aus/NZ right now and supposedly working on a new album, so hopefully soon!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sombolia I've seen a lot of those acts too! I've only seen FOB once, I tried to get tickets for their club shows this summer but they sold out in 2 minutes and by the time they do the stadium tour I'll have moved 17 hours away from the nearest venue

These are some I've seen.. I'll be skipping many openers for sure, and probably some big ones but these are off the top of my head

-the eagles
    -elton john
    -aerosmith
    -guns n roses
    -joan jett
    -fall out boy
    -slash
    -forever the sickest kids (got to hang out with them before the show, we had dinner together haha)
    -toby keith
    -keith urban
    -trace adkins
    -martina mcbride
    -the maine
    -hit the lights
    -rascal flatts
    -the bare naked ladies
    -the academy is
    -sick puppies
    -nickelback (went to see the opener and nickelback was so bad i left early)
    -hey monday (also had dinner and beer with them..)
    -cobra starship
    -+44

all i can remember right now.. i think thats most..

to see this summer: brad paisley, tim mcgraw, brantley gilbert, and 30 artists at a 4 day country festival including jason aldean, rascal flatts, miranda lambert etc..

I haven't been to many concerts lately because I don't live near a city that has concerts it kills me to see all my favourite bands going through my hometown.. which is now 5000 kms away :P Pretty much all the concerts I've been to though have been awesome!

Avatar drawn by Azerane - thank you! :3

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    My concert list looks so different from yours, haha.
    Totally different styles.

Well, Pink was on my list for 5 years or so, finally got to see her a few days ago.
    There wasn't anyone else really I still wanted to see.
    I managed to get to see the ones I wanted at least once.

I wouldn't mind seeing Elton John & Bruce Springsteen again.
    Bruce always comes to Belgium though, also this year, but at the time of the sales I didn't had the money.
    They announce the tour, and 2 days later you need 120 €

I wouldn't mind seeing Taylor Swift in concert.
    Such a shame I didn't really knew her 2 years ago when she did came to Belgium.
    I don't like her new CD much, so I doubt that if she would come with the tour she's doing now, I'd go.

I'm all for live performers / who play instruments.
    Britney Spears was a once-in-a-lifetime-thing, never again

I'm also hoping for a new Backstreet Boys tour when they come back from Asia in the fall.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not much but I do enjoyed: Jamiroquai concert, Sheila Majid, Sigur Ros, Korn, Incubus, Jason Mraz, NERD, and The Roots.

for me NERD and The Roots steal the shows, I never thought Alternative Hip Hop/Rock could be so entertaining, not because that people want to get laid with Pharrell but He knows what the audience want, he just constantly contacting with the audience like a Boss. same with The Roots, my first extended concert reminisce of the Jam bands, where they Jam like forever on stage.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simbaspirit View Post
    Sombolia I've seen a lot of those acts too! I've only seen FOB once, I tried to get tickets for their club shows this summer but they sold out in 2 minutes and by the time they do the stadium tour I'll have moved 17 hours away from the nearest venue
    Cool, we have seen a lot of the same bands! Sorry you couldn't get FOB tickets, though. I'm lucky to live near a major city, so it's pretty much guaranteed that tours roll through here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    R.E.M. Accelerate tour 2008, Twickenham stadium (best night of my life)

Level 42, IndigO2 2009

and numerous small-time gigs
    [SIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/2jags50.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I haven't been to many concerts... Once when I was still in middle school I saw my favorite Christian singer perform at Silver Springs, FL. Then sometime in highschool I went with a few friends to Atlanta, GA for a concert by Limozeen. Lol they're a fake parody sorta band, but real... Weird, right? Just check here if you want clarification: http://www.hrwiki.org/wiki/Limozeen

Then recently just last year in November I think... Me and Levin went to see Kamelot and Nightwish perform in Downtown Disney in Orlando, FL. That was when Floor Jansen was filling in for Nightwish vocalist. She was actually quite amazing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ahh, my concert list reads like a discography of a soccer mom's 90s, except I was a teenager at the time, mixed with the occasional band that's actually cool, lol.

First there's my favorite band back then, the Gin Blossoms. Saw them a few times in their heyday, and have pretty much seen them once a year since they regrouped, since they're more or less has-beens now and their ticket prices are uh...*thrifty*. But its all worth it for the one show in 2008 when the guitar player voluntarily walked over himself to me out on my cheapo lawn seat before the show and gave me a free VIP ticket upgrade to the front row. If my 13 year old self would ever imagine! :P

Other than that I've seen:

--Bruce Springsteen
    --Goo Goo Dolls
    --The Cranberries
    --The Wallflowers
    --Sponge
    --Live
    --Counting Crows
    --Melissa Etheridge
    --Rusted Root
    --James
    --Pearl Jam
    --Paul Simon
    --Peter Gabriel
    --Bob Dylan
    --Simon & Garfunkel (ya rly)
    --David Byrne/Talking Heads
    --Adam Ant
    --The Decemberists
    --Tom Petty
    --Velvet Revolver
    --Black Sabbath, Rob Zombie, Primus (Ozzfest '99, but I had work that day so I only got there for the afternoon, I probably saw either Slayer or Godsmack too but do not remember anything about it. Downside of working for the home office of a small music retailer at the time, concerts are no excuse to take off, but it was an awesome college job.)
    --Alice in Chains (with the new singer)

....I also saw The Maine, but that was because my younger cousin wanted to see them, I still have no concept of who they are so I don't count that <_< *sheepishly creeps away :P*

People on my "Someday when I have money" short-list:
    --Foo Fighters
    --The Gaslight Anthem
    --Mumford & Sons
    --Dave Matthews Band (....might be doing this one next week, weather & funds permitting.)
    --Kelly Clarkson (SHUSH, lol)
    --One Republic
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    CGW, if you get the chance to see Mumford & Sons, grab it, they are amazing live!

I was lucky enough when I went to a festival last year to see Bruce Springsteen, they were performing before him, they were awesome!
    I really like their kind of music, and they have a super vibe live.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu