Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Shadow Lands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The cub sighed a weighted sigh of relief as he watched Chaos disappear into the distance. He had know idea if he was going to make it out of this alive or not. He looked back towards the direction he had been traveling from for a moment. He had already been traveling for days, there wouldn't be enough time to go back and find someone to help him; no, Malaika was loosing time and simba had to hurry. At best he would have to keep a more watchful eye.

He startled at hearing a branch snap and looked to the right. He couldn't see anyone but cautiously approached. He peeked through a small thicket of branches and to his surprise and gratitude what he discovered was not an intruder but a small stream with water. Quickly he dropped down and started drinking at the water, quenching his thirst fully. After taking well more than his fill, simba turned to begin his trek southward then paused. There, not far from where he had heard the sound initially, was a small animal. He didn't recognize it's kind, but either way he discovered it was dead. The cub looked to either side and couldn't see anyone. All clear he quickly sank his teeth into the gift of food. It wasn't much, but it would be enough to get him that much closer to where he needed to be.

He didn't know if Chaos had left it for him or if it had been sheer luck. Whatever the case he was grateful. Time was once again slipping and simba began his trek towards the south once more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    looks at the lion and thinks

well sort of but not really this part.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He must have covered several more miles before the end of another day drew near. With tired paws and near-scant breath, the youth decided to rest for now. As urgent as it was that he find the plant it wouldn't do any good if he never made it at all. Stopping for a moment the cub scanned the area around him and found an overhang of branches within a bush that would be perfect to seclude himself within. Padding over and beneath the proffered shade simba looked back from the direction of travel he had made it here through. A small amount of worry pressed upon him as he knew he was beginning to struggle with keeping track of all the turns and paths he'd had made. The jungle could be unforgiving at times in that respect and he only hoped that too many more landmarks wouldn't be needed to finish getting him to his destination and back. And so he closed his eyes, asleep to the world as his body worked to recover it's strength for the journey that was ahead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well I will need to be going......

Walks for what seems to be forever until reaching a jungle area and walks into it and looks around just like there is something he should know he can find. Getting the feeling that there is something there he finds a cub laying in the brush asleep

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The images seemed to ripple and shift from one nightmarish image to the next. The young cub saw himself and the others playing, only to hear the saddened voice of a mandrill rivet his heart into deep sorrow the next. He could see it, see him, falling down the side of the gorge. Kijana's lifeless body layed there before him when he suddenly felt a cold paw press upon his shoulder. Suddenly he was no longer near the edge of the gorge, but was now in his cavern deep within the earth, looking up at a shadowed figure that shifted forms to a demon, hideous and eyes a glow with red fire. Even as the creature loomed over him and laughed he saw the demon shift forms once more into that of a huge, dark lion - Adiemus.

No!!!

The small cub shot straight up from his sleep; eyes wide and body shaking. With quick,labored breaths he looked around, trying to swallow at the dry lump he felt in his throat. As he began to slowly calm himself down he looked around at the place he had found himself in. Nothing was familiar, the night as dark as the nightmare he woke from. Why, why this dream again? He had very nearly the same dream some seasons ago when he had been traveling on his own and exploring a strange land. Maybe that was it. But why so dark a dream? He hadn't seen images of that part of his past for some time now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    sees the cub wake up and jumps a little

hi there are you ok?

gets a little closer to see if the cub is ok

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Still slightly disoriented from his dream and being suddenly approached by another lion still, the cub was instantly to his paws and backing up. To have seen so few people around for days and then to have the encounter that he'd had with Chaos, he wasn't too anxious for another round.

"S...stay back! Who are you?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The dark lion made his way through the thick jungle panting heavily in the night. He had been traveling almost non stop since he had met the cub. There was something about the cub that he couldn't put his paw on. Yet the name seemed familiar. like a small splinter in his mind the name haunted him. Like the Pride wars when he had been crushed. The thought of that place, or was it a night mare? The deep black chasm burning with sulfur and fire from brimstone. It was more than enough to haunt any being.

This was his only chance to finish what had started many seasons ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    [i]walks a little up to the cub giving a submissive gesture to him, trying to show he doesn't want to harm him.[i/]

I just feel like i need to help you. That is if you are wanting help from a little fox like me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    simba eye'd the fox with great hesitation. It had to be more than mere coincidence that in as many days now, two complete strangers appeared - both offering him their help. Back home such actions weren't so uncommon, but out here in the wild and with everyone action either hostile or incredibly strange he couldn't make heads or tails of it all. What he did know was that he wasn't going to let this fox, Chaos or anyone else stop him or get in his way; bad enough that he had taken what time he had to sleep. He noticed too that the fox didn't answer who he was.

"Another lion has already tried to help. I'll yell if you come any closer! Who are you?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    looks into the cubs eyes for a few seconds a faint glow comes the foxes eyes as he says to the cub.

Baada ya dhiki faraja

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    simba watched as the foxes eyes began to glow - unsettling him all the more, even if the words spoken were meant to try and bring encouragement. Whatever was going on with this place, he was more certain with each passing minute that he wanted to be done with it.

"What is it with you? What do you want with me?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    don't be afraid Ahieu is watching over you.

nuzzles slightly and then falls over from being weak from hunger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    simba watched as the fox collapsed. He didn't know what to make of this, nor the message delivered. Time was so fast slipping yet he couldn't just leave this stranger without help. Padding up to him he leans down and nudges.

I can't stay, I have something, a matter of life and death, that I have to attend to. Is there anything I can do to help before I go?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The shadows of the night grew colder and more desolate as the lion walked about the foreboding lands. It all looked familiar to him yet it was more alien. Where was he? The last thing he remembered was the battle between himself and the rogues. Something wasn't right. Without lifting a paw he began to move again but this time in a direction he didn't know and into a dark place lost unto him. There in the thickness of the night he could make out two figures. He recognized the smaller figure instantly. He tried to call out but his words seemed to fall upon deaf ears. Laying almost unconscious next to him was a fox whose body seemed to glow for him yet casted no light upon the cub.

He had felt this same radiance once before but couldn't remember where. Like a splinter in the minds eye it finally came to him.

"Oh god, no!" He cried. "Please don't take simba away from me. Aiheu I beg you, take me instead. You've given me life again through your angel here. Just don't let him take this cub from me."

A tear fell from his eyes which splashed on the ground nearby. The wind seemed to pick up a bit but never blowing through him instead it flowed around him keeping any form reaching the cub. Yet the trees around them began to sway a little but only for an instant. As if to show the cub that he was being protected. Malaika was there with them both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    lifts my head and looks at cub

let me help you find what you are looking for because I too want to help malaika.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    simba thought about this for a moment then looked back to the fox. He was still unsure about traveling with another, but it was a risk he decided to take. If the fox was sincere it would help, and if it were a trap or ploy, the sooner he discovered it the sooner he could deal with it.

"We don't have much time. Do you know what flower I'm looking for?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    not allowing his hunger to get to him he struggles to his paws and replies thinking hard about the situation.

"The flower you seek is a long ways in the south. The Belbos."

The fox thought back to the time that Aiheu had created the wildlife of africa. The plant itself had red petals blending into stalks of green and was very helpful with a lot of things. ( http://www.minwater.co.za/afrikaans/...ml/gansies.jpg )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The cub noded in reply then turned to head towards the south once more.

"Then we haven't a moment to loose!

Even though it appeared this fox knew of the flower and the way to go to get there, so did the lion that had just been here not long before. Tenacity would be his guide as he hedged forward. Fox, lion or none at all could accompany him as they may. He had spent too much time already just trying to rest himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The fox got up slowly and tried to follow intently. He was unaccustomed to being in a physical form as long as he had. He was unaware of the consequences it brought having done what he had volunteered to do. He would keep his secret from simba for now wondering if he should ever tell him. He had only recognized the cub from brief flashes of memory he had acquired. he could sense something different about simba but was unsure entirely what it was. Aiheu didn't mention anything about what he was supposed to do exactly at this point. Only that with the task he had originally been sent to do would he risk losing his powers little by little. If they could be called powers. He knew Aiheu had sent him give life back to some one in return it made him mortal. With his mortality he still had some of his abilities that he could use. Though should he use them he will lose them one by one.