Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Shadow Lands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The lands seemed so desolate now. Where there was once life lay nothing but ash and cracked dry earth. The dark clouds overhead gave an omenous feeling as if some evil presence lurked about. Aiheu's brother maybe. The albino african fox made his way slowly to the north and hopfully to the jungles edge. He wouldn't go in of course as it was to humid for him. Something was pulling him that way. It wasn't the lion he had been following. He had lost the groups direction a few days back. No, this was somthing else. He could feel the lions pain, though faint. One of the others seemed to be near-by. The fox lifted his muzzle skyward and closed his eyes slowly, as if in prayer. His muzzle opening slightly to whisper to someone who wasn't there.

"Uliye Mbinguni, jina lako litukuzwe. Ufalme wako ufike. Utakalo lifanyike duniani kama mbinguni. Utusamehe makosa yetu, kama tunavyowasamehe. Usitutie katika kishawishi, lakini utuopoe maovuni. amina."

He lowers his head and cries silently sitting there in the cold grey afternoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bahati's Head perked up. She listened closely and tried to make out the things he said. "Pardon...?" she asked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    [iKami turns his head sadly and looks at the stranger.[/i]
    "I was praying to Aiheu."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    simba's journey had lasted several days now. His paws were sore and tired from the constant pace he was trying to keep up. Little time had been taken out for drinking water or bothering with food much. At this rate he wouldn't last long. And so, with a heavy sigh, he sat down a moment, looking around to see if he could catch any hint of a stream or source of water. Food would be another matter altogether - not having the best track record as it was even in his homelands. He was smart and capable, but it was berries and other various forms of vegetation that he was best at managing - anything with sheer substance was still in the majority far beyond his abilities for his size.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Chaos watched from a distance noticing the little cubs distress. With a small twisted grin he walks up to the cub and pretends to offer his friendship.

"Are you lost little one?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The cub startled straight-way and lept to his paws at the sound of the voice he heard. Ears and eyes quickly found the source - that of an older dark lion. simba could swear he felt his heart stop for a moment. He didn't know why the image of whom he thought it was had filled his minds eye so quickly, but he was relieved that it wasn't someone from his past; though at the moment he wasn't sure how at ease he should feel anyway. simba was so trusting at times - nearly to a fault - but circumstances required a little more prudence in judgement. So much was at stake.

"No, not really. A little. I'm actually trying to find something and haven't done so well so far. Do I know you?"

He couldn't help but shake the trepid feeling he had, but then he was exhausted. Perhaps this lion could help. Still... was that grin sarcasm or something...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bahati became intrigued and stood up, suddenly gaining the strenth to move. "I'm not familiar with that god." she said, interested. "I come from a different Pride.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Slowly walked closer

"I'm just a rogue in this land, or whats left of it. What might you be seeking?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks to the sky

"He is the protector of all life in africa."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As blindly trusting as he could be at times, simba began to back up a little, keeping a feel of the ground beneath his paws.

"A.. a flower I was told about"

Already he felt he might have given away more than he should. For as helpful as this lion seemed to offer to be, he sure seemed reticent to give much up about himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "What flower could possibly grow here anymore? It couldn't be fore a little lover being you can so far out here. Could it be one for medicinal purposes?"

Pretends to care.

"Am I correct? Maybe not. What would a cub be doing with flowers to heal with? A cub knows nothing of using these plant's. Well either way you won't find what your looking for around here. No,no,no. Its the lands beyond the southern desert that hold many flowers."

Smiles mischievously.

"Tell me, little one, whom you might be and I will tell you who I am."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "The Southern Desert?"

How could it be so far? It wasn't that he wasn't willing to do what he needed, but it didn't make sense that anyone would have watched him wander of nearly aimlessly and expect him to travel so far without company, help or direction? He almost started to blame the humans for this, but then that feeling again, the feeling that something might be wrong, that he should be cautious. This lion seemed to want to try to help, but it was shrouded in vagueness, a tit for tat that bordered on luring. If this lion had wanted him dead, wouldn't he have been killed by now? Why the game? Still, something didn't sit right.

"My dad taught me some, a while ago, but it's not for me, it's for a close friend. He was hurt and the others asked me to help."

Already he again felt the stinging pain that said he had told too much. Even if this lion wouldn't help, it didn't mean he didn't know what he was looking for. Apparently he knew something of certain medicines. And if he knew something, that meant it might be possible to find out. Of course, at his size, the line between confidence in himself and the harsh realities of life beyond the borders of his Pride was razor thin.

"My name is simba, of... of a Pride near the plains."

He had almost given a crucial piece of information away - a piece that very well could give someone more than was needed right now. He would like to think that the name of his Pride would one day engender feelings of respect, at the very least. Right now though, with enemies abounding and lives already having been lost, it was wiser to be less generous with names given to strangers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Simba. I'm chaos. Who might your friend be?"

Chaos was now more than curious. If this cub was the one to help he thought needed help then he would have to get rid of him before he found the plant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bahati smiled. "What a wonderful God..." she lowered her head and looked up at him slightly. "Are You from here?'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A cool brush of wind swept through his fur, a sign that something was definitely amiss. He backed up a little more, though not too quickly and not too fast - he didn't want to give the impression that he was going to fall into the roll of prey for this lion.

Another lion in our Pride. But if the flowers are farther south I should probably get going again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As much as chaos seemed like it. He was not a Monster. It was not who he thought it was and so sat down and curled his tail about him.

"I'm sorry if I'm scaring you little one. I wish to help, honestly. I did think you where someone else. Thats not important though." Chaos said in all honesty. "I can help you through the southern desert. What flower is it you seek?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    At seeing the lion sit down it helped disarm him a little, but he didn't dismiss his feelings altogether. He didn't know what to make of Chaos. Was he a rogue, or someone he should fear or trust? Even if he worked to allay his fears, trust would have to come a little more slowly - he was still very, very far from any help; and clearly Chaos was after someone for less than comforting purposes.

"I guess it's actually more like a plant. It has silvery leaves, red flowers and balloon-like seed pods. Have you heard of or seen it?"

simba hoped that whoever this was that he really would help. He still couldn't shake the uneasy feeling he had inside, but he had to know what Chaos was up to as well; and with the dark lion as he was, the cub knew he would have to walk the line between truth and deception very carefully. Hopefully not for long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Yes I know which plant you speak of. I grows only in one place but its past the Southern desert. Are you sure you want to go there?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    simba sighed and lowered his head for a moment. Looking at things he didn't know what options he had. He needed the plant, yet he didn't quite trust Chaos. He wasn't sure if the lion would even lead him in the right direction, yet he also wasn't sure what Chaos would do if simba tried to run or part ways so soon after being offered help.

"I am, can you point me in the direction? You don't need to follow, I can make it on my own. I'm sure you have better things to do and I've gone a long ways on my own before."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "The southern desert is harsh though. No one goes it alone and survives. I have things I need to do there anyways. I must leave for now. I'm heading to the edge of the southern desert. If you can't find anyone else to travel with you I will be waiting there."

Chaos takes his leave to the south and soon is a small spot on the horizon.