Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Lands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *not Malaika or Duma*

Chumbe watched as the others brought the lion into his hut. He nodded slightly recognizing the scar on the lions face. The expression on his own was that of sadness as he thought about the terrible tragedy soon to fall upon all of Africa, should this lion truly die. He turned his gaze, slowly, to the approaching cubs and a lupine. The lion cub held his attention the most. There was something about this cub that he couldn't shake from his mind. He would have to speak with him later. for now he needed to take care of the older lion.

"Duma." He called out. "Show these two to the main hut. Make sure they are given food and something to drink. They look starved."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Though fast to follow Duma, simba slowed his pace noticabley as they entered the outskirts of the village. Paws that normally felt grasses or earth beneath them now tread over prints made by humans. It was an errie feeling. Never before had he ventured into a human village before. Fernando spoke once or twice of the injustices he had suffered at the hands of his own kind, and simba wondered with chilled thought if these humans were the ones who had done that to his friend, or knew of those who did.

The cub kept an eye on Malaika as best he could before watching the older lion disappear into a wooden cave dwelling of the human's design. He hoped that the older lion would be ok, as well as hoped, even if briefly, that these people could help. simba would be in there helping too, if he could, but the humans seemed intent on doing what there were without the assistance or company of him or any of the other creatures. It had taken him a moment to realize in retrospect that he had heard the one human speak to Duma as though communication were possible. Fernando had been raised by cheetahs and so could speak with nature, and there were a seldom other few. simba tucked that bit of thought away for further reflection later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *Duma*

Duma looked back to the cub and beckoned him and the lupine to follow him to the center of the village then into an empty hut. It was bigger than the others. the interior held a mural on the back wall that was painted on the backs of warthog skins which seemed to depict a couple lions standing by each other hansom in figure and strong enough to move mountains. Next to them was a lion laying on the ground with a dark lion spirit hovering over him that seemed to laugh at the fallen. One showed a lion holding the paw of another who lay smiling looking up at the former.. The rest were faded and there were empty spot all painted around what looked like Mt. Kilimanjaro.

"My father wants to talk to you." Duma said to the cub. He nodded to the different small places to sit. The smell of hornbill feathers emenated from the differnt piles around the room.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    simba followed Duma a short distance and slowly entered the wooden cave the cheetah had led them to. As he made it a few paces into the place he stopped and looked around. Again an unsettling feeling came over him as his amber-red eyes peered around the room. There were several wall paintings with lions all around. He didn't know which was troubling him more - the fact that so many lions were painted in here, presumably by these humans, or the poses and expressions depicted. simba was quickly brought back to the moment when he heard Duma say something about the cheetah's father wanting to talk with him.

"Your father? What about?", he asked somewhat skeptically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A lioness had noticed the goings on. Right now, she was lost. Or was she? This felt like the place to her. Nasibu stopped at the village, staring in awe. It seemed threatening...However, she continued onward, curious of these other felines. Her eyes caught on Malaika, clearly he was in distress. Oh how she wanted to help! "Forgive my intrusion......Is...Is there anything I can do?" Only the urge to provide help kept her from turning tail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *Duma*
    "I'm not sure. But after he tends to your friend he'll be here."

*Chumbe*
    Walked out of the hut and looked at the lioness that had asked about helping.

"If you wish to help my little friend then go right ahead in. but only if you know how to help the condition he is in." The human said then turned to head to the main hut.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    simba noded in reply and decided to move not far from where he was and wait. All the while he looked around and tried to make sense of what the images on the wall meant and what kind of a place they had found themselves in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *Chumbe*

Slowly walks through the door of the hut and sighs. He looks for a moment at Simbaji.

"Jambo my new friends." He says to the two. "I hope I have not kept you waiting long. I am Chumbe, the shaman of this village. From what I've seen one of you is good with herbs. You've learned well. your friend is sleeping right now in a deep sleep. We don't have the herbs requried to help him out of the darkness brought upon him."
    Looks at both of them then looks over at Duma. Duma nods slightly as they both wait for Simbaji's responce on the situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hearing the voice of the human entering, the cub turns and looks to see him. It unsettled him to talk with humans and he wasn't about to let down his guard.

"What do you want with us?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *Chumbe*

Tries to choose his words carefully.

"We used to live with the Valley pride long ago when we could fully talk to animals. I am one of the last who can. Everyone else has lost there way. We were one of two groups that needed to make sure the pride continued. I've failed in my duties and the other group has disappeared." The Human sighs sadly. "There are those in the village who are afraid of your friend being here. If we don't help him then I fear the end for us all." He looks over at one of the paintings. "Many seasons ago the Valley pride suffered a great loss when Kito passed and his eldest ran away. I sat in watched in sadness as the Troop of Mandrills watching over them, the others I mentioned, split. With-in the family lies a power to help protect should evil find its way into the lands. The Valley pride is only one of four with this power." Sighs again. "I want to go into too much detail but I don't know how to put it. Your friend cannot die or his Uncle, Chaos, will use the power for evil, should he find out how to use it. Only those of the family line will be able to stop him but he won't be alone. I knew this day would come when he would bring someone he truly loved here to keep a terrible prophecy from being fulfilled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    simba listened to the words the human spoke with both interest and skepticism. In all his dealings with Fernando he had never learned just how many humans could communicate with the animals still and so could not easily gauge the truthfulness of what he was being told now. He glanced briefly over to the painting the human spoke briefly of and wished Thandi were here. Surely she would know of everything being talked about. True that she had never mentioned it before, but then they had had their own things to deal with during their time together and such concerns were probably far removed from them. The cub looked back as the human finished.

"I still don't understand what that has to do with us or with me. If what you said was true, that explains a little about Malaika, but what does this have to do with me?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *Chumbe*

"I don't know. I don't know much about the legend. It was passed down to me long ago. Right now though we need to help your friend. In the south the is a plant known as Belbos. It has silvery leaves, red flowers and balloon like seed pods. I need the leaves to help him. I can't leave here for fear of what the others will do. There isn't much time."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The cub nodded and rose back to his paws. Without offering other words he turned to leave the dwelling they were in. Once outside the doorway he looked to both sides then made a run towards the south. He wasn't sure if he could find the plant he was told about, but he hoped that it would help as he was told.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *chumbe*

Sighed as he watched from the door.

"May Aiheu Guide you safely on your journey."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He was completely lost to this place he had followed Malaika to. He had traveled many places but this was the first he'd been this far east - at least in the direction they had set out on. simba was careful to note as many things around him as possible so that he'd be able to find his way back. He'd left without a second thought as he journeyed on. If the lands had guided him here then his fate would be their will, and nothing he could do would change it. And so his eyes scanned everywhere his gaze fell, looking with every hope for the flower he had been sent to retrieve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *deleted by owner*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Psylant looked up from licking his forepaws. The whole conversation with the humans had been lost to the wolf's ears. He picked out a few words he found important such as "safely on your journey." Now knowing that another move was probably in his future, he raised his muzzle, sniffed for any easy food, and then stretched himself out for a quick rest before any major journey started. It had only been a few hours since he had eaten, but as a wolf, the search was never over for more stomach filler. However, not finding any interesting scents on the wind, Psylant put a paw over his eyes and yawned. "We've been walking all day, can't we just get a few minutes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It wasn't long before the sounds of the village were quieted by the dense jungles that surrounded him. The cub spared a moment to look back briefly, as much to keep his bearings as to contemplate a moment the strange place he and the others had been led into. It worried him to leave the others in the care of the humans, especially so soon after a dealy battle that ended in certain blood-shed for some and the disappearance of several of their camp - many good and trusted friends. As a little while ago and now, he hoped that the lands would keep them all safe. Such wishes couldn't always be granted, but they could be hoped for and looked forward to.

The sound of branches and leaves rustling above him startled the cub back into remembering that he had precious little time; moreso though, the sounds that jarred his senses into a slightly higher state of alert served to remind him that he was alone out here - something he realized he should continue to hope for. Not all who walked these parts were friendly.

simba continued his journey southward, eyes all the while scanning for this elusive flower that he had been told about. Some time back his own dad had taught him a small portion of how to use herbs, flowers, seeds and all manner of various parts of nature. At first his training had been restricted to the learning of use of such pastes alone. He hadn't been taught just how to make them at that point, but there was more than enough to try and learn between which pastes could be used for what, which ones to mix, and which ones to be very cautious of. In time he began to learn how to make his own varieties. However, he had never once heard of or seen the flower he was looking for now.

The cub's eyes scanned carefully the bushes and ground that he traversed. Judging by the description he had been given and the available plants and flowers to his view now, he became more confident that he would know the flower when he saw it, nothing came close to matching it's description now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Chaos looked about the small group and snarled.

"I've received word that Malaika is not dead." With a half roar. "Do I have to do things myself? At least the poison has taken its toll. I want you to finish him off. I need to take care of a little problem in the south. The herb used to treat this poison lies in the southern part of Africa. It will take a long time for anyone to get there. If they send a human that human will have trouble looking for the shrub since I will have it destroyed. A few of you will come with me to help the rest must head north. Now go."

Chaos looks away to the south and grins.

"This will be the end of my brothers legacy and soon my own legacy will begin."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bahati decided it was about time she got up from her nap. Trudging up, she slowly walked on, in between a Lions conversation. She sighed.
    She groaned. Or was that her stomach. She looked around, and pretty much collapsed into the first waster hole she spotted.
    And no, she did not care where she was.