Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Lands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The wolf followed the others in the group close behind, displaying his rested state with a light hearted gait. It felt so good to be among friends again. He knew he didn?t really know the others and he knew that they didn?t really know him, but even if there wasn?t a true sense of security to be had, his mind would fill in the gaps. For once in his life there was hope of actually accomplishing something. At this point, he still had no idea what that was but by the way the others around him were acting, it was something big, something worth being remembered for, something that may justify a sliver of his existence. That was all he really wanted from life, to be remembered when he was gone as someone who made a difference for fairness and good.
    As they walked on he continued occasionally glancing at the others. He found it troubling to look at Malaika though. While the others continually reacted to their environment, Malaika?s eyes and face didn?t so much as budge. It was like he was like he was somewhere else and his body was set on automatic. The cub seemed to be a little more light hearted, but it seemed he too was troubled by numerous things beyond Psy?s comprehension. He would have continued walking and exchanging silent glances, but something was still troubling him. ?Malaika, when exactly ARE we going to eat? I mean uh? not to be a bother or anything but, I haven?t eaten in a long time and don?t have too much energy in me.? He then put his ears back in preparation for the lion?s response.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Without looking at Psylant he replied in a deep tone whowing his own weariness.

"We ourselves have not truly eaten in some time. Right now find what you can but we are still to be on the move. These lands are still dangerous."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    simba looked between the two as they made their way forward; Malaika at first moving ahead and then Psylant not far behind, talking of food - or rather both the lack thereof and the other fact that it might always be lacking. He didn't enjoy that much himself. Just because he'd been without for some time didn't mean that his stomach didn't protest it.

"Maybe we'll come across something along the way?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The wolf?s ears suddenly darted to the left quickly followed by his eyes. Without any warning, he froze solid, continuing his gaze. ?Small prey, rabbit sized, may be a snake, I don?t know.?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika just kept going and didn't care to stop. They had already stopped too many times along the way for everyone else to hunt, plus he didn't want to be sick.

They still had little more than a days journey ahead of them and the pass didn't seem to get much closer. Even if they had to travel through the night they were getting as far away from the Heartlands as posible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    simba's ears perked and he looked around to where Psylany had. He wasn't sure what it was that the wolf had possibly found. While he himself was usually very good at being able to keep track of what was around him, he had to admit that in the matters of hunting he still had a lot to learn.

He glanced briefly at Malaika and saw him continue on. He knew that they needed to keep going, but he also knew that at some point they'd have to have something to give them the energy to complete the journey they were on, especially if there were going to be more times where they'd have to fight. He looked at Psylant again.

"I'm not sure. I've only hunted a couple times and usually it was with someone else."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Psylant sent a warm smile to the smaller lion. ?Well, this wolf has to eat when he has to eat! Right now, this wolf has to eat.? Psylant slowed for a second while pointing directly at the brush covering the animal. ?Rabbit!? Without any hint of hesitation, the wolf sprinted at the brush and grabbed the rabbit in his muzzle while continuing to run. He then trotted happily back to where the cub was walking beside Malaika. He smiled and dropped the rabbit next to the cub. ?Are ya hungry??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    simba watched as Psylant dropped the rabbit near his paws and smiled. He briefly looked up to Malaika with a look that asked 'May I please?', but doubted the older lion caught sight of his expression. His smile faded a little as he looked to the ground but then looked back to Psylant and noded.

"Very.. but we should probably hurry."

He waited for the lupine to take the first bite as it was his kill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ?What is it?? Psylant said at first. ?Oh, you want me to take first bite? Well, if you insist?? The wolf reached his muzzle down and took the first large bite out of the rabbit. ?Oh, sorry, if I take that big of bites, there?ll be none left for you. Eat up!? Psylant said with a little blood on his muzzle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    simba didn't mind. While he could eventually make his way into prey, his smaller teeth made the task a little more difficult still than for the adults, and as they were on the move, having the meal already openned into made it that much better for time's sake. The cub got up and stretched a paw onto the carcass and dug in as well, tearing out both a fraction of muscle as well as a piece of one of the organs. It wasn't long before his muzzles was covered with blood as well.

He waited for Psylant to get another chunk then did so himself once again, hurrying, gracefully, to finish what he could before licking at the edges of his muzzle as well as his paw to swipe over his face, cleaning himself back up then standing, looking to where Malaika was padding, readying himself to hurry and catch up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika had looked back at the blood and the dead animal. His stomache lurched a bit but then he turned back around and kept walking but not to far. He slowed his pace so that the two could eat. He thought to himself 'How could anyone even eat such a thing?'. He tried to focus his mind on what was ahead of him instead of what was behind.

It was late afternoon when they reached the canyon.

"We shall rest here for a bit." He said to the two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Psylant casually trotted up next to the lion and sat down. “Sorry if you’re angry we didn’t share Malaika, we were hungry and you didn’t seem to want any which… is odd. I’ve never seen anything your size turn down meat before!”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika looked away not wanting to talk about it

"I'm really not hungery."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The wolf shruged and rolled on his back. "Fine, more for me! Hehehe"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    simba watched Malaika's reactions and scoffed silently. He knew that his friend was under a great deal of stress, much less the fact that he didn't fain to eat meat, at least not anymore. But that was no excuse for the older lion to constantly berate or seemingly think less of those who it was natural to eat meat, much less offer out of generosity a portion of their kill. Meals were scarce at times and it was the least Malaika could do to show a little manners in return.

The cub changed his demeanor and looked back to Psylant and thanked him for the bites he was able to get. After cleaning himself up he motioned for Psylant that they should hurry and continue now that they'd had at least a morsal to eat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Malaika sat thinking about what truely lay ahead. If he could overcome his own fear and keep pressing forward he would find what he was looking for. though if he just went on hoping to find it without chosing too it would wind up being a path that he himself would walk alone. In the end he was going to push on and over come his fears and show everyone that he was going to put an end to the terror in his homelands no matter what it took.

"When you are ready we shall depart from this place."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "I'm ready whenever!" Yelled the wolf. "I mean, how bad can this place be?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The earth felt bare and burnned his paw pads as they wandered through the desolate valley. Even though he had never been there a voice came to the back of his mind which sounded more like the voices of war. The voices of screaming. Malaika slowed his pace and a pain clutched at his chest with every breath he took. It wasn't long before he fell to the ground writhing in pain unable to breath.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Psylant suddenly looked over at his friend, now writhing in pain. ?What the hell?? Then he made a quick turn to the smaller lion. ?Hey, what?s hurting him? I?d like to help but? I can?t see any way to! I don?t see anything around here that could have??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    simba had been lost in his own thoughts and scarcely aware of anything much but their forward movements until the sound of Psylant's voice cut throught the stale air. Quickly he looked up then saw Malaika just as the lupine was trying to find a way to help. Quickly he made his way to his friend's side once more. Unfortunately he himself was just as clueless as to what was wrong with the older lion.

"I'm.. I'm not sure myself. I don't know what's happening."

"Malaika?! Malaika, what's wrong?"