Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
I don't know how it can be explained any better than I tried to people who don't have very good knowledge of physics and the like. If anyone wants to have a go, feel free ^_~ ...

Aha, I have an idea.

Do we all agree that 0.9 recurring = 1?

We can never go back to the very start of everything, simply because that would be going back an infinite number of years. Infinity is a concept, not a number with any defined value.

Let's look at 0.9999999999999... No matter how many 9s we put onto this, it will never equal 1, although it will get infinitely close. That's the same as saying "Oh, yes, let's go 9999999999999999999..." years back to see what was happening then. No matter how far back we go, we can always go further back.

HOWEVER!

We see that the number 999... diverges to infinity. So, we will eventually be able to go as far back as ever could be possible. This will, in essence, be going back to the very start.

In fact, infinite density/heat was only realised in the gravitational singularity that was present before the Big Bang took place.

Darnit, I gave myself a headache now ...

What I gave was a completely comprehensible argument, yet you don't understand what I'm getting at... Hmm, kinda irritating ... I wish I could explain it more clearly to you...

Perhaps we should leave the maths/physics until I can get someone in here with a good bit more knowledge than me ^_~ ! If only I was doing my degree I could probably be a little more convincing for you x_x ...
Scientists don't need to go back 0.999999999 or whatever, From the internet and my science books and texts I've read, we know (From a scientific standpoint) what happened to the universe, except the first, non-existent time of nothingness they call .. something, but anywyas, what I was saying is Scientist, 'KNOW' what happened, but they don't know what created that and what made that happen (big bang, Nuclear clouds, God..Etc)

And I know what you are talking about Simba, try following the rules and don't throw people down like that just because they aren't at your level of math

But what it really sounds like to me StL, is you just don't really care what anyone has to say about it in a Christian View Point

~KtL

EDIT: If we got into Quantum Physics, DAMN! Anythings possible then XD