Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your love for TLK a secret?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm with you, Jabari - nobody has any idea that I love TLK as much as I do. Oh, my family know that I'm a big fan, but they don't know how big

I'm not an addict either, but I'd give myself a 10/10 on fandom.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    My parents have joked about getting me something to use as "medication" for my TLK addiction. I think Simba-shaped candies would be good.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I guess I am a little "secret" about my adoration for the movie....I mean, I still do with strongly whenever I watch it, but I never watch it with my friends for that reason. Being a boy is apart of the reason, I suppose, but also because of the fact that it is a rather "old" movie and if you're still crying over something old, then it tends to give the wrong impression on people. I have been fascinated with the movie itself (I soooo want the DVD for my birthday) but not really the merchandise...actually, nada on the merchandise. I like the animation, the color quality, the originality, but I never was a "consumer" in the whole thing.........anyway, that's my story. Kind of secret about liking it, but not much of a secret to begin with. tada.

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SimbaKovufan
    I have been fascinated with the movie itself (I soooo want the DVD for my birthday)
    You don't have TLK DVD? It's been out of print for a while. Buying it on Ebay would be the best thing I think.

Wow STM dear. I wish I could decorate my room more... But well I need more shelves and things like that.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Go STM! There's that good ol' Simba mug!! hehe

All my stuff got packed away when we moved and i havn't got around to putting most of it back out yet!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    haha I have another of those mugs now Naline it just has brighter colors

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Hey STM, you were suppose to scan this cover for me, remember?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4..._/Resized3.jpg

The TLK 2 DVD in, Finnish version ^_^

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    well I can do it tonight if you want it

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Cool, thanks

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Everyone in my class know about my "secret". I don?t thing it should be a secret, there?s nothing to be ashamed of. Everyone has there own opinion so you can?t be angry if someone disagree and hates the lion king. Right?
    I sounded really smart there didn?t I. Haha, I can assure yo?, I?m not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not A Well-Kept One, But A Secret Nonetheless

My love for The Lion King somewhat secret. Although I don't publicize my TLK interest, there are obvious clues to tip an observer off.

Well, I have always been interested in Disney movies, and I even have 3 shares of their stock (it was a Christmas present once). But The Lion King had never been above the other movies in my mind until this past year.

Right before Christmas, we started to watch TLK en espa?ol in Spanish IV. When we didn't get a chance to finish it, I was upset, more than I thought I would be. It was right after Christmas that I first thought I should look into buying the TLK DVD, after missing my chance when it was in general release. In March, however, I finally made the plunge into The Lion King. Buying the DVD and then the TLK 2 DVD obviously turned heads around my house. I could explain away the first movie as me wanting to own the classic (my dad wholeheartedly agreed; it's one of his favorites as well), but the sequel...

Anyway, my increased humming of TLK tunes around the house, my dad catching me watching the DVD director's commentary in the middle of the night, and the fact that I posted Simba's face (my avatar) next to my bed all probably raise one's eyebrow.

I think the current state of affairs is that people know I like The Lion King, but not much more so than everyone else likes The Lion King. They don't know about Lea, although I have showed people my drawings of screenshots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pretty much everyone knows I like it and are okay with it! But in the past my mom has said I've drawn too many lions... But yeah, everyone's okay with it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I told everybody that I did; they were fine with it.
    Sorta lost my love for it since I now interested in alot more stuff; sure TLK will still be a like in my heart but I have no huge love it no more.
    Members I have had the pleasure to meet: STM [x2], Sharifu [x2], Taneli [x2], King Simba [x4], Shadow [x1], Nathalie [x2], Lucy Lioness [x2], This Land [x4], Daniel [x2], Nephilim [x1], KanuTGL [x2], Revo [x1], Naline [x1], FCSimba [x9], Leorgathar [x1]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like it for the women......And that's not a secret...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *just now looks through topic*

Didn't know my topic got that many replies..........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I don't go around telling people, nor do I keep it a secret when they ask. My love for TLK has shrunk a bit from when I was younger, but regardless, it's still there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My love for TLK has never been a secret and never will be--nobody I know seems bothered by it and if they are well they can just bugger off
    My love for TLK has lessened over the years as I've grown up more and have become more interested in many other things but I'm not ashamed to admit I love TLK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not a chance. My room has a big Nala/Simba poster in it, and a corner of my room has all my TLK plushes hanging around. I also have a lanyard for pin trading at Disneyland that has nothing but TLK pins on it, and when selling TLK items to guests, I always feel the need to add that it's my favorite movie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i guess it is a bit of a secret that i love TLk, but if someone said that they loved it and someone said it sucks i would get angry.... and defend the other person..

In school i forgot the lion king but when i watched it again for the first time in 6 years about two months ago, i was shoked at how good the film was! I had a friend in school who invented an....interesting game.

He would open a window during break and then shout/sing azzzakenya whats on the menu (whatever, the bit at the start of the circle of life song). Then he would run and hide from teachers. Then someone else on the other side of the school grounds would shout back the exact same thing for fun/and to get the teacher away from finding him!

If only i liked TLK/ watched the film then, everyone would not find it uncool to like the TLK. People in college however do think its uncool which sucks...