Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your love for TLK a secret?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Most of my friends know that I love The Lion King since I always love to sketch during lunch or studyhalls. They keep telling me, "You're the next maker of the next Lion King movie!"

Though most people at my high school repsect that I love this movie. ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Kihari
    I don't want to mix TLK with real life anyway... reality just spoils everything. -.-
    I couldn't agree more hun! Dreams are always the nicer realm in which to dwell!

Anyway, its a bit difficult for me to keep it a secret, not that I would care if anyone has an opinion that i like TLK. I visit TLKFAA at school and at home so I get weird looks all the time, espceially from my peers who call me childish and stupid. Meh, I ain't bothered. More important things to worry about. :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I keep quiet about it. Okay....maybe that's an understatement. More like "Military Confidental Secret Quiet" is a better way of saying things. I really keep my real life seperate from everything else, and I do a good job of acting the serious, formal one especialy at work. I tend to be touchy about what people think of me, and I'm just never sure what someone would think of me liking this movie to the level I do. Well, okay I *know* what people think, as my secret got compromised one day when I had a TLKFAA Page idling on my desktop one day at work, and a co-worker decided that it would be okay to use my laptop without asking me. Hint: This was real ugly and I was the source of a lot of jokes for a few weeks. Some people, ya know?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Me? Keep my love for TLK a secret? HAHAHAHAHA! Not with all my merchandise and stuff floating around

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by One_with_Nala
    Not with all my merchandise and stuff floating around
    Actually with all my merchandise and stuff floating around x) Only my family and only close friend still knows about it, as they're buying more TLK things for me than me (and makes me have twice of some things x) But I think two or three in my class can suspect it a little ... As they talked about if TLK3 was good or not, and exclaimed "Ask Ki if it is good or not, she if SOMEONE should know!" I kinda guess/know that guy know I love them, but I'm not as obsessed now as before so like ... But if they would come home to me, I'd die xD But it won't happen, 'cause school ends soon, and I have never been a very close friend to my classmates so no risk there that they actually will come ^^

But anyway, I'll never tell anyone about HOW much I love it, just that I "love" it and all ... That's not anyone elses buisness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't exactly have a TLK obsession per se, but I do enjoy TLK quite a bit. One_with_Nala (Logan) renewed my love for it when he joined here, so now I'm back with TLK. But no one but One_with_Nala knows, and I plan to keep it that way. Too many critical people around here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really enjoy TLK, but hardly anyone knows it; I have no real reason to tell them :shout:

It's my own personal fun, after all; I have a lot of things I enjoy doing that few people no about it. I almost enjoy things more when they're "my little secret"

Maybe it's just me:woeisme:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If someone were to ask me if I liked TLK, of course I'd answer yes. But as for going into detail and such? :P Nah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When i discovered my HUGE love for TLK, i shouted it to the world! (well not literally) I told my friends and some people from my school and they were all fine with it, 1 person did say "isn't it a bit baby-ish" and i punched him in the stomach, i think he got my drift!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love TLK, and animation in general. But I have to keep it secret...I usually don't share my love for animation as an art form with anyone. They'd probly think I was nuts. I always thought I was crazy to love it so much until I discovered the incredible thing called the Internet and met all you great people who share that love!

I always hide it...it's my dirty little secret. It's like coming out of the closet, or in this case, the Pride Lands.

People would think I was nuts and tease me! They just don't understand! :-(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    heck yes! I don't tell ANYONE. i barely told you guys...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i like looking at other`s fanart and yes it is nice..but TLK..yes was in love with it when i was a kid...yeah still do like...but i can`t say i`ll put right on top of my I LOVE STUFF list...

and no it was a way of expressing myself..i don`t really have a I LOVE STUFF list................

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hell no.

Why would you hide your love for TLK? Because it's animated? That's just a stupid reason.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    In my case, because I was already bullied in school every single day, I wasn't gonna give them something so they could do it even more :s

No one ever knew in class I liked TLK till I finally met a friend in school, and I was already 17, and she is still the only classmate who knows.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well yeah I do understand that... But it's not like TLK is some baby show like, Barney or something. TLK is quite "adult" for a Disney movie. Plus it's really popular with a lot of people of all ages. Not just kids. Look how much money it made at the time... Most money made at the box office for an animated film until Finding Nemo came around. A lot of adults liked it, even both of my parents. (So I don't understand being embarrassed about TLK)

Most people think my love for animation, and that I want to be an animator, is totally cool.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tell that to 23 boys, who think they are *all that* :s

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    excuse me i dont like TLK that much..but it is nothing like barney..yuck i hate barney...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Barney....TLK....not much to compare really, but a point well made!

Yer, my mates and family know about TLK but i personally wouldn't want anyone else to know, it's not there business! and like you say, they'd just be stupid about it so why bother with the hassle.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Naline
    Barney....TLK....not much to compare really, but a point well made!
    I just used that to compare because I think something like Barney, is baby-ish. (Like one member was asking his friend, isn't it kind of baby-ish to like TLK) And I don't think TLK is baby-ish at all.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hehe, my love of TLK is very much a secret. I haven't told my friends, family, no one. Basically, it's because I don't seem like the kind of guy that would, and I don't think it would go over well ( the ridicule would be tremendous ).