Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: New RP section - Outlands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari heard the cry for help and saw the young cub running towards them.

"Where are they?"

Jabari was now on his paws and fully alert, ready to run off at any moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Right over that way, not too far! Hurry!" she cried in a frightened voice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari chased after in that direction. It must be Katali...

"Kitali! Kitali! What's going on!"

Jabari looked around frantically, finally finding the two about to go at it. He ran forward and roared.

"Calm down, both of you!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Katali turned and rolled his eyes. Not again...

Takara looked at the big male in surprise. "Hey, what's the idea, Katali? Are you scared or not? Who asked him to butt in?"

"Quiet!" Katali snarled. "I'm not afraid of you!" He looked at Jabari. "Why'd you show up? I didn't call you. I wanted to handle this my own way!" He angrily struck the ground and glared at Takara again.....

OOC: Thanks for breaking it up, I wasn't sure how to write a fight scene between cubs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari panted from the run.

"Katali...what have I told you about violence? I told you it will get you nowhere...why don't you want to listen to me? I'm only trying to give you advice to help you...I only want what's best for you."

He then turned to Takara.

"And you...why are you stalking him?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Katali looked down, feeling a little guilty. "Well, maybe, but - he was going to harm Sahiri, and I was only trying to protect her! What else could I do - you think he wanted to sit and talk it out?"

Takara remained defiant. "Liar! She was in my territory, like you are now! I was taking care of a trespasser when Katali came bounding in, trying to be the hero, and came at me for no reason!" He gave a hateful look. "I'm "stalking" him because he was always nasty to me when I was too scrawny to do anything about it - I've grown now, and --"

Katali put in, "So I picked on you a few times. I'm not doing it anymore! You're the bully now, Takara, NOT me!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari frowned at the cubs. Territorial disputes in an anarchist land...figures. But cubs? What hold in "territory" could a cub hold?

"I know you were trying to do the right thing Katali, but you still should've called for help. You can calm down now. Sahari here is fine."

Jabari then turned back to Takara.

"What territory could you possibly hold, Takara? No one owns anything in the Outlands. No one, not even, can stake claim to a piece of land out here. And as for Katali picking on you, I'm sure he's sorry now. Just hear him out."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Takara sulked. "Well, if you must know, this is where I've always done my hunting, and I just call it my own. It's where my mother raised me... before Katali's parents killed her, anyway!"

"That's another lie!" Katali yelled. He sprang suddenly and knocked his rival to the ground, where they wrestled fiercely in the grass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari stepped forward and seperated the two of them, roaring out again.

"Stop fighting! I just said violence isn't the answer! Do you really want to be the typical Outlander...the Outlander every Pridelander thinks of? Fighting over everything and anything...it's disgraceful. I'm sorry about your mother Takara, but there's nothing you can do. Most lions here have lost their parents. I lost mine...you just have to move on. Now I suggest the two of you put your issues aside and get along. It's the only way any of us can survive out here..."

Jabari looked at the two sternly. Why did everything resort to violence...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Katali sighed and stared at the ground. Why did things have to be so complicated? "OK, Jabari, OK. I'll forget it if Takara will...." He walked off in the direction of the water hole.

Takara was obviously not convinced, but he was also a bit intimidated by Jabari. "Whatever," he muttered. "Sounds kind of wimpy to me, but... whatever." He looked up at Jabari. "So, what do I do now?"

-------------------------------------------

Katali was nearly to the water hole when Sahiri came running up to him. "Hey, thanks for saving me back there." Katali stopped and looked at her. Wow...you could get lost in those blue eyes pretty easily.

"Uh," he stammered, "I-I didn't really do it to save you... I was just trying to finish something he started."

She frowned. "Uhhh-huh. Well, thanks anyway." She smiled and ran towards the hole. Katali kept walking slowly, pondering over what he'd just thought about her. He'd never had that feeling around anybody before - it was a strange sensation. His once-simple life had gotten pretty complicated in just a short time. He decided it would be better to ignore it... for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari sighed as he looked down at Takara.

"Well, Takara, you can come stay with Hawara, Katali, Sahari, and me if you wanted. There's not point in hanging out alone. It's much more dangerous that way."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Uh, I guess I could try if for a while... then I can always leave if I want to. I've been a bit nervous at night with all the crocs out there!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari smiled.

"You can leave whenever you want. But always know, you have nothing to fear with us. We're only here to look after each other."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Takara rolled his eyes. Such friendly folk. "OK, lead the way," he said and walked off after Jabari.

--------------------------------------------

Katali had just reached the watering hole. "Hey, where is Hawara?" he asked out loud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari headed back to the waterhole with Takara bounding along behind him.

"Hawara?...where did she go...she couldn't of gone off again..."

(OOC: Dunno where Hawara has been...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Katali glanced at Takara and shot Jabari a look as if to say, "Who asked him to come with us?" but he said nothing.

"Well, she can't have gone too far. I guess if she's gone long enough we could look for her." He shot another doubtful glance at Takara and lay down in the sun. I'll be keeping an eye on you, at least, he muttered under his breath.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari turned his head towards Takara.

"Takara is going to stay with us for awhile. He can't stay out there all alone. I recommend the two of you put aside your differences and get along. It'll make life easier for all of us."

He then turned back to Katali.

"In regards to Hawara...I don't know what to do. I can't leave all of you cubs here alone."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "I guess not," Katali answered. "I hope she's OK, though."

Takara walked tentatively towards Sahari. "Hey, listen, about what--"

She shrank back from him, fearful. Katali saw this and ran over in between them. "Hey, give it a rest, Takara. You heard what Jabari said: no violence. Just leave her alone."

"But I was just--" Takara began. "Oh, forget it." He frowned and walked away from them. "Did you see that, Jabari? He wouldn't even let me talk."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari sat back and looked down at the young cub.

"Takara, you'll have to give Katali some time to get used to you. He's going to be overly protective for a bit...he'll adjust. Just keep a level head and don't respond negatively. Everything'll work out. Until then, you can hang here with me."

Jabari looked out into the distance. Hawara was gone...but where? She just...ran off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "It'll take me more time to get used to him." Takara smiled slightly. "After all, I was ready to rip him apart just a while ago."

--------------------------------------------

Meantime, Katali was talking with Sahari... "Be careful around Takara... I don't trust him."

"I know he tried to hurt me earlier, but I don't know if he really meant it. Try being nicer to him and maybe you'll make a new friend."

"Maybe... or maybe it'll just be more trouble." Katali thought to himself. "Jabari said no more fighting but I'm gonna make sure he doesn't hurt you - just call for help if you need me."

"Allright."