Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: New RP section - Outlands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Katali glanced over at Jabari, but it proved a mistake as Takara plowed into him. He soon refocused his attention -- he hadn't started the fight, but he may as "knock some sense" into Takara. They tumbled across the ground, clawing, biting, snarling.

Takara flipped his opponent off and broke away. He faked a lunge, then clawed Katali across the tender nose area. Katali squealed in pain in spite of himself...but now he was mad. He grabbed Takara with both arms and forced him to the ground, then slashed at his chest.

Takara caught the blow on his arm and pushed Katali off, then drew back a few feet. They stared at one another, panting. End of Round 1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The cubs caught the lioness? attention as ell as Murdoc?s. ?Shouldn?t you stop them?? Belili asked, she wasn?t impressed with the male?s skills at parenting at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari sighed and looked down. "I promised I'd stay out of this one and let the two of them work out their problems. I've already split up countless fights between the two. Anyway, it's not like I'm their father or anything." He shrugged his shoulders and looked back at the cubs, hoping it wouldn't escalate any further.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sweat ran down Katali's fur, running into his eyes and stinging them. It mingled with the thin trickle of blood from his clawed nose. That had hurt like fire.... He stared over at Takara, taking deep breaths, but relatively unhurt. This was so stupid, one part of his mind said, but the other urged him to keep going, to win. He had never lost before....

"Last chance, Takara -- just let it go and we'll call it quits." He honestly hoped the other would accept his offer, but didn't expect it.

He was right. Takara's lips curled in a sneer. "Are you kidding? I got nothing to lose." He started forward, rested.

Katali was not ready just yet. He rubbed a paw across his nose, trying to stop the blood from escaping -- it wasn't much, but the sooner it stopped the better. He took a step backward, wincing. Then Takara made his move...perfect. Katali dropped the facade of pain and jumped lightly to the side, clawing a bit of Takara's fur as he did.

Takara whirled, not expecting the trick. He lunged on Katali, intent on pummeling him, as again they struggled on the ground....

Katali bit into his adversary's leg, getting a loud cry of pain and fury in response. Takara fought like a devil then, gradually beating his defenses down; but Katali noticed that the attacks were weakening. He retreated a bit, then went on the offensive, head-butting the chest of the brown cub. He was getting tired fast....

Takara grimaced, trying to fight but knowing his leg wouldn't let him go hard much longer. Oh, how it hurt...Katali had strong teeth. He was nearly worn...this had to end soon. He faked a slash -- Katali jerked his head back -- then drove both claws into Katali's shoulder.

Katali nearly cried out again, but instead he gritted his teeth and clinched with Takara, going for a headlock. They went on, but it was becoming more and more painful. Finally, Katali collapsed, face down, hurting to bad to do anything else.

Takara raised his paws for a last blow, but his leg twisted awkwardly. He yelped and fell to the ground beside Katali, and they lay still, too exhausted and in pain to do or say anything.

(OOC: Whew! Fairly intense, but they'll both be okay now....)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari tried not to look at the two cubs. He was disappointed that Katari had engaged in a fight with the other cub. It seemed like the two of them would always hate each other...All he could do was hope that the fighting would cease, at least for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Katali rolled onto his side and stared at the other cub. Takara was looking the opposite direction from him, not moving. "Don't you see how stupid this is?" Katali said, loudly to get his attention. "Fighting all the time just ends with you getting killed someday...don't you want more than that in life?"

Takara turned his head...there were tears in his eyes! "I-I guess so...." he sniffed. Katali was stunned -- he couldn't remember Takara showing such a vulnerable side before -- he almost wanted to run over and comfort him.

"What's wrong?" he asked, struggling to rise, then trudging over.

Takara his his face. "It's just that...it doesn't matter. I mean, ever since my mom died, I...."

"Takara" -- Katali moved to meet the cub eye to eye -- "I lost my parents, too -- I've felt the exact same way. But that's no reason to hate everybody else...get it?"

"I guess, but I've been too mean for too long. I could never change myself...I don't have anyone now."

Katali rolled his eyes. "Get off it! You know we'll be there for you -- me, and Jabari, and Sahara, and -- you'll have a family again. Let's go back now." He offered a paw to pull Takara up.

Now Takara looked stunned. "I...I don't think I--"

"Don't think, just come on. They're probably worried about us!"

"I will, but...I don't think I can walk." Takara grinned sheepishly. "You bite like a crocodile."

Katali laughed, the first real laugh he'd had in days. "It's okay, I'll just have to carry you." He smiled, and worked Takara onto his back. "Here we go...." They slowly started back to join the group.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ((OOC- I'm really sorry for the late reply guys! I've busy with work and building on my shop. But I am glade I got to slow down to post!!))

The lioness? had watched the fight carefully. Broken hid her face in Murdoc?s thick mane as he ignored the brawl, trying his best to not look like he was comforting Broken, but he knew it was probably fairly obvious as his large paw slipped over her back, stilling her trembling. He wasn?t all bad. Absynthe smiled at the two males as they made their way back ?Feeling better?? she asked in a friendly, curious tone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari let out a sigh of relief as the cubs returned, obviously finished with their fight. He smiled down at Katari for finally finishing it and nudged Katari's side with his paw. "I'm proud of you. Good job."

(OOC: I guess you guys are out and about so can't wait till you guys get back :P)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari turned to the two lionesses as the cubs passed through.

"Well, we're glad to have you along. Murdoc, should we rest here for the night? Or should we continue to push on?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey guys, been a little while. Thought I should tell you that I won't be as active for a while, but I didn't want you all to start worrying.

Try to post an RP reply soon...see ya!

Katari!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Takara grunted in response to Absynthe's question. "Yeah, I've never felt better in my life." But he smiled just a little as he slid off Katali's back and to the ground. Sahara came over and asked how he was. He sniffed. "I'll live, but he chomped my leg pretty good."

Sahara frowned. "I didn't notice. I hope you've learned a good lesson."

Katali smiled at Jabari's words. "Thanks. I guess we both needed some sense knocked into us...too bad it took so long to work it out, though." For now, though, he didn't feel like moving. He would be sore for a few days at least after that fight, but he'd live...and if Takara had really learned his lesson, it would all be worth it. On that happy note, Katali fell slowly into a dreamless sleep....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari sat back and sighed, hoping there would be no more bickering between the two cubs. He turned to Murdoc,

"Well...I guess that's all over with. It seems like the cubs are a bit tired, though. Think we should hang here for tonight?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Takara sighed and looked Sahara in the eye. "Yeah, I think I've 'learned my lesson,' the hard way." He laughed softly. "I wonder when we're gonna get going -- the hyenas are still out there somewhere."