Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: New RP section - Outlands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari nodded and stood up. "I'm Jabari. These cubs are orphans that we've been looking after and we were on the run from hyenas back in the Outlands." Jabari looked back to the cubs to make sure they were still being careful. The coast wasn't clear just yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Takara stood up, revealing himself, and trotted over to the adults. He looked up at Belili and smirked. "Did you fall in a bunch of green muck, and it just stuck that way?"

"Takara, don't be rude!" Katali said as he came walking up, leaving Sahara and Broken behind him. "Just ignore him," he said apologetically to the lionesses. "He's a little...uh...antisocial."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Murdoc couldn?t help but snicker at the cub?s comment. Belili growled at the cub advancing slightly before her little sister bounded up to stop her. ?No, actually?? she started to try to explain. Neither of them were neon, but it was still so odd. Broken moved forward sitting at Murdoc?s large paws. It was obvious by simply looking at them. Absynthe was the younger, with a bubbly personality, and her sister, had seen too much of life to say the least. ?It?s okay?? Absynthe said quietly, trying not to show her hurt. ?We?re used to it??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Takara grinned up at Murdoc. Katali was still trying to apologize, to placate the newcomers somehow -- he could see how embaressed they were by Takara's comment. "No, it's not okay. He's just being nasty, ignore him. You" -- he turned to the grinning Takara -- "just shut up...." he smacked him off balance, tumbling into the grass.

"I'm Katali," he offered. "This is Sahara," as the other cub came up behind him. "Where are you guys from?" He smiled in an attempt to reassure them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari frowned at Takara after his comment and shook his head. "Please just ignore that. We mean no harm to you two." Jabari took a seat, feeling that these two new lionesses wouldn't harm them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Absynthe seemed to relax a bit, she smiled, ?It?s nice to meet you all.? She said. Belili nodded slightly. ?Who?s this one then?? she asked motioning to Broken, who had been silent though all this. ?I?m Broken.? The youngest cub smiled. ?This is Murdoc?? she said leaning against his foreleg. Belili sat, no longer feeling threatened, her sister followed. ?Mind if we join you?? Absynthe asked, earning a glare from her sister.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari thought it over for a minute. "I don't see why not...we're following Murdoc to a place where we can hide out for awhile. If you'd both like to come, I'm fine with it." Jabari smiled at the two lionesses then turned to Murdoc. "That sound alright with you?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sahara smiled...it looked as if the sisters would be joining them. Good. It would be nice to have some more female companionship for a change....

Katali looked away from the grown lions, to where Takara lay in the grass, staring at the sky. Probably furious. Maybe...maybe now was the time -- his time to try and make things right. He had been waiting for the right moment, and this was as good a time as any, if Takara would talk. He set his jaw and started towards the dark brown cub, heart pounding and mouth dry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ?Aww please Muds?? Broken begged her adoptive father, with her large blue eyes. He sighed. ?It?s fine with me.? He said, he really didn?t need coaxing, he was a male after all, any female company could prove? interesting. ?Thank you!? Absynthe smiled, her sister only nodded.
    ((OOC- SOrry for the late reply guys!))

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari nodded at Murdoc and then smiled. "So, what brings you two out here anyway?" It wasn't every day that he saw a pair of green lionesses. So it was needless to say, he was curious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sahara looked up and saw Katali walking, slowly but surely, towards Takara. Trouble...? She shook it off and looked at the lionesses, waiting for an answer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ?Well you see, this is were we grew up?? Absynthe explained. ?We left when we were young, we came back looking for our pride? but needless to say their gone.? She finished. She sat beside her sister. ?Were are you guys headed anyways? There isn?t much out there?? Belili asked, raising a brow. Broken observed this action, realizing Murdoc often did the same thing, were the two related? She shrugged and laid in Muds? arms as he laid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Takara looked up from the grass...here came that stupid Katali, ready to deal out more punishment! He growled softly, but decide to remain lying down, and wait, to pounce him when he got close enough....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Well...most of us grew up in the Outlands. We're following Murdoc to get to safety from a nasty pack of hyenas..." Jabari finally realized that every lion here was separated in one way or another from the ones they loved. Each one was on their own...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Katali ran back to Jabari quickly. "I've gotta talk with Takara...try to settle things up. I'm getting tired of fighting. Promise you'll keep out of this one, will you please? I'll handle it on my own this time." He waited, hoping for an affirmative.

Sahara frowned at that. "Don't you think you are asking for trouble? Sounds like you're looking for a fight!"

Katali gave her a "what do you know -- you're a girl!" look. "Gimme a break, Sahara. I don't feel like fighting right now. Please, Jabari?" he queried again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari frowned over at him and shut his eyes. "I'll stay out of it. Just please...don't get into a fight. Try and settle it as peacefully as possible." Jabari nodded for him to go ahead and then turned back to the two lionesses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Katari nodded and started back towards Takara, who was barely moving...maybe he was asleep? He walked as softly as he could, so as not to wake him.

(OOC: I could have posted the interchange already, but it might be a fairly significant piece of character development, so I'm making sure I get it right.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Murdoc looked over to the cubs, quietly, he never thought anything could be settled without a fight. Though for once he didn?t want to see one break out, they were just cubs after all.

?You?re quite a pride then.? Belili said changing the subject. ?There are power in numbers you know.?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Takara lay on his back, eyes closed, dead to the world by all appearances. But he was wide awake, listening as the soft noise of padded feet over grass reached his ears and moved closer...closer...almost on top of him. His body tensed, he coiled up the tension and sprang....

Katali dropped to the ground as a dark shape flew towards him. Takara landed with a 'thud' behind him. Katali whipped around to face the angry cub. "Whoa, whoa, Takara, calm down! I just want to talk with you!"

Takara stood up and looked him in the eye. "And why would I want to talk with you?" he said in a surly voice. "I suppose Jabari sent you?"

"No," Katari said with a slight smile. "No, he didn't even want me to come. But we need to talk?"

Takara lay down again, chin resting on both paws. "Fine. Talk away."

Katali remained standing, nervously trying to find the right words, tail flipping around in an agitated way that the other was certain to see. "Look, Takara, there's no reason for us to let what our parents did make us fight all the time. We should just get along, you know, and be friends."

"We should jest be fwends," Takara mimicked in a squeaky voice. "Get real, Katali -- we can't be 'friends'." He grinned, white teeth showing and eyes narrowed to be almost shut.

"No, not right now we can't -- you're way too stubborn and nasty."

"Wait a minute...." Takara stood up.

"I'm not finished: you're rude, and hateful, and selfish and arrogant, you never listen, you never let go of grudges -- you treat the others likw dirt!"

Takara's teeth showed again, this time as he snarled. He stepped right in front of Katali, almost touching him. "Yeah? Let me tell what you are: everything you said, plus you think you're so right, you never listen to anyone but yourself. And--"

"Hold it." Katali took a deep breath and closed his eyes. 'No fighting,' he reminded himself. "I know I'm not perfect, but that's why we need to work together. Think about it -- if you can get that through your thick skull, things would be a lot better."

Takara had heard enough. He growled and crouched. "You think about this!" he shouted as he sprang at Katali.

(TBC....)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari's eyes strayed to the two cubs who were hopefully sorting things out but saw Takara jump. He quickly looked away and told himself, "I promised I wouldn't jump into it..." He let out a long sigh then looked back up trying to smile, "So...you two got separated from your pride?" He looked over at the two sisters, trying to pry his mind off the possible fight that was about to start between the two cubs.