Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: New RP section - Outlands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari nodded. "I think about her a lot. I really don't know what happened to her...she was here then...gone. Hopefully after this is all over, we can go looking for her." Jabari looked back out into the horizon almost as if he hoped to see her running towards them at that moment.

(OOC: Good idea. It'd be great if someone could step in as Hawara or if I did or whatever. Or someone (or me) could just make a new character to step in. I'll leave it to anyone else to step in first, if no one seems interested, I'll step in. I just don't know how I'd do handling two characters :P)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Broken looked to the other cub, her expression saddening. She shook her head. ?They didn?t want me? so they left me there? Murdoc found me. He was going to kill me? but changed his mind?? she smiled faintly.

Murdoc looked to the cub. ?We really don?t need to ?hide? there,? He stated. ?It?s relatively safe.? He looked the cub over, and looked to Broken when he herd his name. He acted like he didn?t care for her, perhaps hated her, but that wasn?t at all true.

((OOC: I have a female just begging to be used IO adobted not long ago^.^ I'll bring her in if you'd like))

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sahara felt terrible for poor Broken -- imagine not even being wanted by your own parents! Her's had always taken care of her...while they could. "I know how you feel, sort of...." she offered. "My mom and dad are...well...gone. I don't know if they're dead, or alive, or what's happened to them." She sighed, empathizing with the redheaded cub beside her. "Maybe I'll find them, someday."

Takara looked at Broken as Murdoc did, wondering what was going through the loner's head....

"Yeah," Katali responded to Jabari. "Maybe we can look for Hawara...just the two of us" -- he paused, thinking -- "and maybe Sahara, too." He liked Broken all right, but he didn't like the idea of leaving Sahara with Murdoc...and Takara, too. It just didn't feel right, somehow.... He had noticed Takara "sucking up" to the big male, and realized that he wanted to be more like Jabari...it was funny, the two of them gravitating towards the older male that was more like them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Broken smiled to Sahara. ?I hope you do,? She said ?at least have closer on it.? She said gently.

Murdoc noticed that the cub was still looking at him. He rose a brow. ?Where are your parents?? he asked almost coldly, annoyed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari smiled over at Katali and put a paw on his back. "Yeah...when this is all over...we can go try and find her. If Sahara wants to come, she's more than welcome." Jabari truly appreciated the company of the cubs. With the situation at hand, he was especially proud of them for keeping their cool. This truly wasn't something every cub would ever have to deal with.

(OOC: Go on ahead, Broken :P. As for Hawara, I might be able to play her later on at the appropriate time )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Katali smiled as Jabari voiced his approval of the idea. "Yeah, we'll do it...if we make it out of this mess," he said soberly.

Sahara smiled at Broken's kind heart, but then she felt selfish for thinking of her parents, when Broken's parents didn't even want her. "Broken, I'm so sorry about your parents. Maybe they've changed their minds by now...maybe they'll come looking for you." She tried to sound hopeful.

Takara was startled by the hostile tone in Murdoc's voice. He took a few steps back and shuffled his paws together nervously. "Oh...m-my parents? Well, I only had one -- my mother, and now, she's...um...she's gone." He looked at Katali and felt angry in spite of himself. "He did it!" he snapped, pointing at Katali with a paw. "Or, at least, his parents did," he corrected. "Mom went into 'their' territory, and then -- when she didn't come back -- I went and looked for her. I found her lying there...all bloody and torn...and she told me they did it." He wiped a paw across his eyes. "I'm gonna get Katali back for that, someday, too," he said, trying to sound completely sure of himself...but the memory hurt like it always did. "I'll get him back...." he whispered fiercely under his breath.

Sahara looked up upon hearing Takara's outburst. "Oh, no. He's probably angry at Katali again -- sometimes I swear they'd kill each other if they could. You know boys...always showing off...." She smiled at Broken, seemingly unconcerned, but wondering if trouble might be brewing.

Katali's ears pricked at the mention of his name, and his head jerked up to see Takara talking with Murdoc. He snarled. "There he goes again -- making me look bad. One day I'm gonna have to stop him from talking bad about me." He looked at Jabari, tail lashing in frustration. "I thought he'd gotten better -- guess I was wrong. What's his problem, anyway?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari let out a sigh as he turned to Katali. "Some hatreds...are so deep in one's heart that it just won't leave, no matter how hard they try. The hatred might not be because of something that was true...but it's still there. Just let it sit for now. Just ignore him. I'll split it up if he goes after you. If you stay near me, I'm sure he won't try anything stupid." Jabari gave him a weak smile before looking back out. Takara was always so angry...but why?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Katali nodded...Takara's anger was something hard to explain, he knew, but why did it have to be him? He almost wished that the other cub would try "something stupid", just so he could show him a thing or two. "Oh, well. I can let that one go, for now, but one day he has to work through his getting so mad all the time." He rolled his eyes upward -- why did things always have to be so complicated? And what a sad fate to live in the Outlands, where cubs were bitter and hardened by a young age -- when all they should care about is playing tag and causing harmless mischief.

"But, if he's the one in the wrong, why do I always get so angry, too -- I mean, I just wanna tear him up sometimes!" He grinned at that, looking at his small claws -- what harm could he really do, anyway?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Murdoc growled, claws digging into the earth. ?You?re a fool boy.? He hissed at the cub. ?You can?t hate the cub of lions that killed your mother, they did what was right by them, what any parents would do if a stranger came onto their lands.? He stated, he wasn?t sure why he had been so angry at this, he normally didn?t care. ?It?s stupid to hate him for what your mother did to get herself killed.? His scowl darkened. ?You sound like a coward talking like that.? he stated. ?She?s dead so grow up and let it go. Or would she be pleased that your are destroying yourself with hatred?? he asked, his miss-matched eyes looking square into the cub?.

Broken jumped when she herd Murdcoc become angry, her ears went back and her head shot up looking in the direction of Murdoc and the other cub. ?Uh oh?? she ducked back behind Sahara. She had seen him in this mood before, scary was an understatement.

((OOc- Uh oh Mud's is peeved. He has his reasons though))

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (OOC: 'Tis fine, Broken -- it's good for character development, after all!)

This time, Takara did jump back, and his eyes widened at Murdoc's anger. Boy, what had gotten him so upset? But, then, it was the first time he'd heard more than a few words out of Murdoc. He had heard the same message -- albeit in a calmer way -- from Jabari, and more than once.
    What Murdoc didn't seem to grasp was that his mother had been in that land first, and Katali's parents killer her out of spite -- but there was no point in explaining this to the furious Murdoc. He moved back as the next words hit home. Would his mother really be ashamed of him if she were still alive? At her death, she'd asked him to make her proud -- but she hadn't mentioned revenge -- Takara had just taken it that way. Maybe he was in the wrong....?

Sahara stared at Murdoc, now growling at Takara. She felt sorry for him, even if it was what he needed to hear. He might be a nasty jerk, but she knew he had better in him. He'd tried to be nice a few times in the past -- maybe that was his real self? She wondered as Broken jumped behind her in fright. This must have happened before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Murdoc sighed, cooling himself off, trying to at least. ?Maybe your mother was the type who liked fighting? maybe you are doing her proud.? He stated before simply laying his head in his paws, resting.
    Broken sighed out relief. ?He?s a grump.? She chuckled to Sahara. ?He gets mad easily?? she said quietly. Her large cub ears twitched as she herd something in the tall grass behind her. ?What?s that?? she asked in a whisper looking back as the grass moved and swayed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Takara smiled in relief. Well, he had gotten lucky that time around...Murdoc was no longer angry. But was he right? He couldn't remember everything about his mother -- was she a fighter, too? He would have to think about that....

Sahara looked in the same direction as Broken. "What do you think it is?" she asked, a little fearfully. What if it was a hyena...or more than one? What if it was something...bigger?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Murdoc was up in an instant when he herd the grass move, and saw it part. He was in front of Broken and Sahara quickly, pushing them back. He bared his teeth incase it was trouble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Katali had seen everything: Murdoc's getting angry with Takara, and calming down, and now moving towards the disturbance in the grasses. "Maybe you better go help Murdoc," he said to Jabari. Then he called, "Hey, Sahara, Broken, come over here where it's safe!" He didn't bother with calling Takara, knowing the brooding cub would come if he felt like it, and calling him would just stir up trouble in the end.

Sahara lifted her nose to the wind, trying to catch the scent of whatever the noise was. Then she heard Katali calling. "Come on, Broken," she said, running over to Katali, at a safer distance. "Takara, this way!"

Katali sighed -- leave it to a girl to make the mistake. "Just come on!" he snapped. Glancing at Takara, he groaned -- he was crawling on his belly, getting closer to the rustling grasses behind Murdoc. "He's asking to get killed," Katali muttered out loud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari nodded. "Yeah, you and the other cubs stay hidden in the grass." He took a few steps and crouched down beside Murdoc, also baring his teeth. "You don't think the hyenas caught up already...do you? I didn't think they were that smart..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The cubs dropped to the ground, including Takara, though he was a good deal close than the others to the source of disturbance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Murdoc shook his head. ?It?s something bigger?? he said in a hoarse whisper. He had looked back to see Broken huddled down a fair distance away with the others, and Takara too close for his comfort.
    It was a few moments before what ever it was made itself known. An adult lioness stepped into the clearing, boldly looking down at the males, but not trying to pose a threat. Her pelt was a strange color of green, toes blue and brown, the blue markings ran up her legs, both front and back, past the ankles to a point. Another lioness, a lighter green popped out as well, she was smiling, until she saw them then grew more serious.

((OOC; Brought two in? I hope that?s okay- I had two that looked similar that needed a place ^.^))

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari maintained his crouch position but gave the lionesses a curious look. "Who are you...what are you doing here?" It was too dangerous in the Outlands to just trust everyone they came by. These two had to explain before any trust could be given to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The darker lioness stepped in front of the other, as if protecting her. ?I am Belili, this,? she motioned to the younger lioness now behind her. ?Is my younger sister, Absynthe.? She stated, frowning slightly. ?Who are you?? she asked looked to the males. ?Why are you here, with all those cubs??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Takara wasn't sure whether to pass out, run for cover or start laughing. Green lions? Too much! You never know what you're gonna see next in the Outlands, he mused.

Katali smirked as the threat dissipated. "Gee, I've never seen any lions like those before," he commented to the girls. "So much for not being noticed." His grinned fiendishly. If the lionesses decided to stay, he would have to ask them about their strange color....

"At least it wasn't hyenas," Sahara scolded him. "You keep that to yourself."