Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: New RP section - Outlands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Murdoc looked around carefully, trying to get his bearings on this new land. ?There is a place? up in the mountains a ways.? He started and looked to the cubs for a moment. ?Hyenas wont usually go so far unless they are very desperate.? He looked to the two dead. ?We should head out soon if you decide to go.? He said picking Broken up by the belly and kept her cradled in his powerful jaws and teeth. He felt he owed them something for saving the cub, his cub, so he decided to wait until they were ready to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari turned to the other cubs.

"I think it's best if we go with Murdoc. We can hide out until it's safe. Are all of you alright? If anyone needs to be carried, let me know. I don't want anyone passing out or falling behind."

Jabari looked at the cubs with an extremely serious look on his face. These lands were getting dangerous and they needed to move. Who knows when the other hyenas would come looking for the two dead in front of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Takara sniffed. No way would he be carried. Maybe Katali needs to be carried, he thought, and said as much in a mocking tone. Katali scowled, in no mood for this kind of thing, but Sahara broke in, "I think we're all OK. Let's go," she said, a bit reluctant, but it was a necessary action for their own safety.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari nodded. "Good. You cubs go ahead of me. I'm going to walk behind the group. Just follow Murdoc and try to keep up."

Jabari looked over to Murdoc and nodded. "I think we're ready."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Murdoc nodded, Broken still in his mouth. He turned away from the group and walked almost slowly, so the cubs could keep up. He kept his tail low for them to see him in the tall grass as they entered it. It was tall enough to reach past Murdoc?s shoulders. He led them straight into the night, leaving the familiar lands into safer ones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari turned to the cubs and motioned them to get moving. "Follow Murdoc. I'll watch everyone's back. It's best we get out of here as soon as possible."

Jabari took one last look back before following along with the group.

(OOC: Guys, I'm going to be away till next Friday with my family at the beach. It's my last vacation of the summer before I come back and enter the horrible weeks of Band Camp . Anyways, feel free to move my character around and do whatever you need with him, except kill him . Other than that, see you all next Friday!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (OOC: Broken, would you like to take control of Jabari until he returns? If you don't want to, I suppose I could do it, but I've got three characters of my own already.)

Sahara padded up beside Murdoc. "Murdoc, sir, where are we going to?" She hoped it wasn't anywhere scary...

Katali and Takara walked along behind Murdoc and Jabari, not talking, just trudging along to whatever place they were headed. Katali did perk up at Sahara's question, ears straining to pick up the answer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ((OOC- Alright, I'll play him, I hope I do him justice ^.^))

Murdoc looked to the cub out of the corner of his eye, but couldn't answer, Broken was still in his mouth. "We're going back to were We are from..." Broken answered. "It's kinda far, and a little scary getting there, but it's safe." she said smiling at her new friend.
    "How far is it?" Jabari ask looking to Murdoc who paused to drop the cub beside the other, jaw cracking when he closed it again. "Probably three days saight." he said looking to the other adult, thankful he wasn't the onlyone cubsitting.
    Broken walked alongside of Murdoc. "We didn't come straight from there... but he knows where he is going." she said quietly to Sahara.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (OOC: Okay...)

The three cubs nodded and followed along behind the adults, hoping this place would be as safe as Murdoc promised...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sahara nodded and turned to the guys. "Keep up, you two -- it's a three-day walk to where we're going!" They looked up and ran to catch up with her, then all three followed the adults to wherever they were going...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Murdoc realized how srange this must look, two adult males and 4 cubs following them. The sun was rising and becoming almost too hot. He looked to his cub who was becoming tired, but kept walking. He looked around and saw a river bed, a familiar one for Broken. "Let's rest for a few moments and get something to drink."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The cubs were glad for a rest, and settled down to drink from the cool water and lay in the warm sun under the shade of a tree that grew by the river, but Katali knew they would start off again before very long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Broken drank her fill and looked to Murdoc who wasn'tpaying much attention as always. She would normally use this time to cause misshif. She looked around and padded to Sahara. "Hey." she greeted her with a small smile. She didn't have any friends aside from Murdoc, and wanted to make more. She was unsure how to though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sahara looked up from her drink. "Oh -- hi, Broken." She returned the smile with one of her own, but also hesitated on where to start. "Um..." she began. "So, uh, have you been this way a lot before?" That wasn't the best way to start a conversation, but it was the best she could think of...she was still getting to know Broken, after all.

Takara walked up to Murdoc, whom he was beginning to admire even more than Jabari, if he would have admitted it. "Hey, Murdoc -- do you think we're going fast enough?" he asked, waiting eagerly for an affirmation -- he had, of course, been going as quickly as he could, if only to attract some attention from the older male, now staring at him, seemingly uninterested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Broken shook her head. "No. Murdoc and I are travling... Where we are going is were he found me." She explained laying down her paws in his water.

Murdoc rose a brow to the cub. "No hurry that we aren't getting chased yet." he shrugged. "No nearly as fast as I would be doing alone, but that goes without saying." he said, the cub indeed had caught his eye.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (OOC: Oi, back. Thanks for playing my character there, Broken )

Jabari took a small drink of water then sat back. His eyes slowly strayed to the cubs, who all seemed to be locked in conversation. He smiled, knowing it was only a little while ago when all of them had barely known each other.

He sighed and then thought back to Hawara. What had happened to her? It seemed like only yesterday they were sitting together...then she was just...gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (OOC: Hey guys, been having a serious prob with spyware since last Thursday, so haven't been active since then. If you see me not posting for a little while, just kind of mess with my PCs as you see fit, but I'll probably be back on in a limited capacity in the near future. Okay, will reply for the RP sometime today, I think....)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Oh...." Sahara was confused. "So, if Murdoc just found you there, where were your parents? I mean, did they just leave you on your own?" She her tail questioningly.

Takara was excited to have Murdoc talking with him -- it made him feel more important, somehow, even if the lanky rogue was a bit reserved with his words. "So, when we get to wherever it is" -- he realized he had no clear idea of where they were headed -- "you're taking us, then what? Do we just hide out there for a while?"

Katali was by himself, watching the others. He noticed Jabari in particular, staring into the water hole's clear surface sadly. Katari tentatively walked over to him. "Hey, Jabari," he began. "Something wrong?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari shook out of his thought as Katari turned to him. "I'm alright, Katari. Just thinking about things...and some others. You holding up alright?" Jabari flashed a smile at Katari and then turned back out, letting out a sigh as the breeze blew past his cheek.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Oh...." Katari mumbled slowly. "Thinking about Hawara?" he ventured. "I was thinking about her just earlier, when I...ran off. I kinda miss her." He did miss her, he realized sadly...she had been the first one to really take notice of him. If she hadn't reminded him about what kindness was -- who knew where he'd be right now. Maybe alone in the Outlands, fighting other cubs for food and space -- maybe dead, in some hyena's belly. A chill ran over his spine at the thought. "I wonder where she is right now...."

(OOC: Y'know, this RP could use a lioness' touch at some point -- maybe if a new person wants to join in as an older feminine character. Or maybe not....)