Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: New RP section - Outlands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (OOC: Ironic :P. A day after you get back, I go down to Disney World. And I'll be out for a good while. Don't worry, the RP won't die. )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (OOC: See you when you return, enjoy yourself.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (OOC: I won't be leaving until this upcoming Saturday. So I have some time )

Jabari looked around the perimeter, searching for anything that could harm them. Sure enough, it didn't take long for him to realize there was a prowler. He could see the dark outline of a hyena to his left. He immediately crouched low and started to advance. He had to do this quickly as to not wake the cubs...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Takara stirred awake after feeling sure he'd heard something. He spotted Jabari advancing toward what looked like a hyena. Takara hated hyenas...he moved under the cover of a bush and tried to fall asleep again.

(OOC: I see, so how long will you be gone when you do leave?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (OOC: Quite awhile. I think I'll be back early July/late June. I'll be back for a couple days before I go down to Disney again for another 7 days or so . It's a good time to find another person to join in on our RP. I'll make my response for this RP a little later)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (OOC: Yeah, I'll have to think of the best way to recruit some other members. However, it's not that bad, since I'm going to be gone from June 25th to July 2nd... so I'll really only miss you for about a 1.5 to 2 weeks - I can do it )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari prowled slowly around the lowly hyena. That hyena was planning on attacking the cubs in their sleep. Jabari growled low to himself and prepared for the strike. The hyena seemed to sense something was wrong, but continued to move slowly forward. Jabari got closer and closer and then finally pounced, catching the hyena by surprise. The two fought but Jabari put a paw over the hyena's mouth, so that the cubs could continue to sleep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Katali stirred in his sleep. "Wh-what's that noise?" he said sleepily. "Whoa!" He had seen Jabari struggling to keep the hyena quiet.

"Hey, wake up!" He smacked Takara with his paw, hard enough to knock him awake. The latter woke up muttering angrily, but his eyes widened when he spotted the fight. They lay down to watch the event...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (OOC: OK, I'm back now, and hopefully when Jabari gets back we can kick this thing off once more!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (OOC: Hey guys, popping my head in for a breath before I head out once again . I'm headed to Florida once more, last time I promise! I'll be back next Saturday. Feel free to move me around! Do whatever you like. I'll catch up when I get back and we can get this moving again. :P. See you all when I get back!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (OOC: It'll sure be nice to have you back, and I'll just be patient another day and let you get us started again - don't want to make 'ol Jabari do anything OOC, after all )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari growled furiously as the hyena fought back, tearing at his skin.

"Cubs! Run and hide! I'll find you!"

Jabari kept rolling with the hyena. Tears swelled at his eyes as he felt the hyena bite into his shoulder. The fight rolled on as the two exchanged blows. Finally, he was able to throw the hyena off and threw it into a nearby rock, rendering it unconcious. He breathed heavily from the fight, blood clearly dripping from his fur.

Suddenly, he heard it. The howls of hyenas. Great...there was more than one. They had to get moving.

(OOC: I return!!!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Takara and Katari dragged Sahara between them and ran for it, she soon woke up and ran on her own power.

Katari shivered as the hyena sounds reached his ears...not a good thing!

(OOC: Great to have you back!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari began to run after the cubs. Seeing them in the distance, he pushed harder, breathing heavily out of exhaustion. He pulled up beside the cubs and stopped them.

"Quickly...everyone into that cave over there. We have to hide before the hyena's go looking for us."

Jabari stepped behind them and looked out into the distance. The howls of the hyenas were getting louder. They had to get out of the open as fast as possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sarana was shaking as they entered the cave mouth. "B-but I thought that the hyenas all left! Why'd they come back now, Jabari?"

Takara replied, "Isn't it obvious? They're out of food in their other home, so they came back to see what's around here to eat - like you!" he finished in as deep and throaty a voice as he could do. Sarana backed away to the wall, her eyes wide.

"Shut up!" Katali warned as he moved in front of Sarana. "Unless you want them to hear you." Takara scowled at him, but he did shut up as the hellish laughter drew closer...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Stop trying to scare Sarana. We need to huddle up and the back of this cave and keep quiet. Hyena's maybe nasty, but they're also pretty stupid. If we remain completely silent, we could dodge them. If worse comes to worse, we'll have to make a run for it, got it?"

Jabari looked at all of them seriously but put a paw on Sarana and pulled her up against him to calm her down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The evil howls echoed off the inside of the cave, and even Takara was getting nervous. "How many do you think there are?" he asked quietly.

"Sounds like hundreds!" Sahara whispered. Takara laughed softly at that, and Katali had to grin.

"No, they normally don't get a group that big. Ten or twenty I'd guess - my parents told me about hyenas before they died..."

The wailing, giggling cries came close and closer...

(OOC: Whoops, I meant Sahara in that last post, not Sarana...she's in my fan-fic, see, and I got 'em mixed up )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (OOC : Got it. Sorry about the late response. A huge storm blew through the northeast last night and we lost power till 4 this morning. On top of that, we didn't get internet and cable back till 9 PM )

Jabari kept his ears up and pushed the cubs further into the cave. There had to be somewhere to hide...a rock or hole or something. Jabari scowered around and finally found a small hole into the rock wall. They'd have to squeeze, but they could do it.

"Alright...everyone into the hole. I'll follow in last and keep all of you hidden. If I get taken out...just stay down and stay quiet."

Jabari looked back out and could vaguely see the outlines of small black creatures. They needed to hide now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (OOC: I'll be out for today at my great-grandma's funeral, so I'll continue on when I return tomorrow afternoon.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (OOC: Sorry about your great-grandmother . See you in a bit.)