Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New RP section - Outlands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (*Guess I'll get things started over here...*)

Morning was always bittersweet in the Outlands. Sure, the sun rose for a new day...a new chance. But then again...you lived in the Outlands. There were no second chances here. You were on your own. Alone...

Jabari was a young adult male lion in the Outlands. To him, life was a cruel thing, twisting the heart in so many ways. However, he always put on a brave, positive face. The least he could do was make the Outlands a better place with his attitude. His true feelings would have to be inside.

Jabari walked out onto a jutting rock formation and stared out at the distant Pridelands. He heaved a mighty sigh, it was such a beautiful place...full of life and love. And here he was, in the desolate, forgotten Outlands. He lied down across the rock and continued to daze out. Maybe today would be a good day...one could only hope. Hope...hah...what had that done for him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Walking up from the river after her less then succsessfun hunt. Hawara was heading back to whre her pride lived in an feild of termite colonies she looked up to see Jabari standing on the rock over looking the outlands...with a heavy sigh she kept walking....she wounders how he could stay so positive and so brave when there was barly enough food to feed one's self let alone a whole pride.... with a heavy sigh she kept walking..how does he do it....she stoped one last time to look at him ..so handsom..so brave....could it be is she falling inlove with him??? no she was a loner she had no room from love only survivel....as the moring sun rose high she ran and took cover in the shade of a near by tree...what a desolate place to live and what a time to be falling in love

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari's ears perked up as he heard someone nearby. He lifted his head and searched around. Underneath a nearby tree, he spotted Hawara. She was one of the more attractive Outlanders...at least to Jabari. She must've gone out for a hunt.

"What's wrong, Hawara? Don't like the sun?"

Jabari grinned and rolled onto his back playfully, letting the sun hit him dead on.

At least there was someone to talk to here. He wasn't completely alone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

looked up from her shady spot under the tree...she had not relised she was so close to her crush.. with a sweet smile she reliped "not really i'm more of a early morning night type lioness." slowly she emgerges from the safty of her shadowy resting place to pounce on Jabari...oh how handsome he is he features ..defenatly the most attracktive loin in the outland....he must have a mate by now it would be unbelive able for him not to have one ??? "now what is a loin like u doin in a place like this and alone at that?" she said coyly...finally she gets off of him and head back to her stop underneth the tree to rest...why would he even wanna talk let alone look at a lioness like me i'm ntohin and hes everything this pride could ever want ...with a heavy heart to lays her head down to think

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari was taken by surprise by the pounce. He grinned and flopped back onto his stomach as Hawara returned under the tree.

"Early morning? Pfft...that's sleep time."

Jabari laughs and starts to rise to his paws, stretching out a bit.

"Well, back to your question. I'm just out here thinking and relaxing. The real question is, what are you doing out here, eh?"

Jabari walked under the tree with Hawara and sat down beside her, turning towards her for her answer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    looks up at Jabari in shock... "i'm well ummm ...i..i.... couldn't sleep...yeah thats it i couldn';t sleep"...sits up and tackels Jabari to the ground.... "lets go for a run??? it will be fun" raises and eyebrow then hops off and takes off stoping a few feet from the tree motioning then taking off again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "A run? But you were just saying it was too hot. Now you want to work up a sweat?"

Jabari laughed and stood up, shaking his head.

"Well, if you want to run, then let's run."

He grinned as he kicked off, running past Hawara and heading nowhere in particular. Now he had something to do. He thought the boredom would drive him out of his mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "yeah a run... iknow i said it was to hot but i changed my mind and i want to run is that ok?

started a slow run waiting to see if Jabari would join her

"well are u come....ing"

watches in awe as Jabari speeds past her

"HEY THATS NOT FAIR"

she called after him picking up her pace soon cought up to Jabari and pushed him to take the lead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari laughed as he rushed through the barren Outlands. Thinking was important...but having fun here and there were acceptable, too.

He felt the wind blow through his mane and send it in all different directions. A smile grew across his muzzle as he put aside all that saddened and depressed him.

Occasionally, he'd throw a smirk back at Hawara as she ran with him.

"So...where are we headed?", through breaths.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    smiles back tho keeping an watchful eye

from time to time would playfuly run into Jabri or try to trip his wich ever cought her fancy at the time

stoped a few feet from the watering hole she had found earlier that moring

"here...isn't beautiful?" she asked beathlessly, it was even more beautiful then the last time she was there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari sat down, ears flickering at the sound of running water.

"Sure is. Always good to find another water source. Seems like we're constantly running out of them."

Jabari smiled and then dipped his head down to take a sip of the water, testing it to make sure it was safe.

"Seems safe, too. We really lucked out."

Jabari grinned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    grins to her self

" i know its safe i was here just this morning"

walks up behinde Jabari and pushes him into the water....sits by the edge laughing

"u look like u needed to cool off"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Katali sat on a rocky outcrop watching the two older lions at the water hole. He had found it a good while ago and told no-one, now he would need to find another. He watched as one went splashing into the water and grinned sardonically... He should have seen that coming; you always have to watch your back in the Outlands. It was something Katali had learned long ago.

Though still young, he was tough and cunning beyond his years; not to adult level by any means, but showing strong signs of reaching that level long before most would - especially that bratty Kovu!

He despised the older pair, really, like he despised everything and everyone in this forsaken place. Love had no meaning for him anymore, only anger at those who had made his life so miserable. Tiring of watching the two, he rose slowly and walked off as quietly as possible... he was getting thirsty - and he didn't feel like sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hawara's ears perced up as she heard Katali got off from his rock, automaticly she got in a defencive positoin and waited for him to arrive...this was her watering hole and only her and a select few were going to know aobut it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Katali jerked back as the older lioness made her defensive move... She was much larger than him and near full-grown, and he was still young... someday maybe.

"Fine," he said. "I'll find my own water - you and your boyfriend can stay here - I hope it poisons you," he added and then loped off to find a new hole.

Out of Character: Jabari, if you have a soft spot for cubs, shouldn't you feel sorry for me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    relaxes and watches Katli as he walks away

calls to him " ur more then welcome here u just scared me thats all please come back"

walks over and sits by the edge of the watering hole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Katali chuckled to himself and never looked back. That would be a joke, going back. He knew better than that. Always watch your back. Trust nobody.

He continued walking away from his troubles - time to find some food.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    watches him as he keeps walkin, sighs heavly and turns back aorund

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Katali kept walking until he reached a small rock cave near the western border of the Outlands. There he lay quietly and waited. . .

His patience payed off; a desert hare came slowly out of the cave. Katali leaped at it; it was no small task for him to bring it down, after all, it was not that much smaller than he. Bringing it down [not going to describe it to avoid offending anybody], he lay beside it to enjoy his feast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OOC: Sorry! I've been really busy lately and haven't really been able to follow. Lemme try and catch up.

-------------------------------------------

After watching the ordeal with the cub, Jabari stepped out of the water, shaking his fur to clear it out.

"Don't worry about the cubs, Hawara. They mean no harm...most of them were abandoned anyway. We have to look out for them."

Jabari sat down and sighed, thinking about his own past for a bit.