Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New RP section - Outlands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari smiled back at Takara and gave him a nudge to move closer to Katali and Sahari. Jabari followed along and at amongst the group of cubs.

"Now, we're gonna be with each other for awhile I think. So, I think you guys should get to know each other. I'll stay here to make sure nothing breaks out...but I really think you guys should be there for each other."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OOC: OK, if I try the meeting part right now I'll mess it up; I'll get it up tomorrow after a good think-through session.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OOC: Sounds good, I sure hope Hawara comes back soon...running out of RP people here. We could really use some more people RPing here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Katali lay sprawled across a small rock, looking at the other two cubs. He had spoken with Sahari, but didn't really know her, and he had only ever yelled at Takara. So there was some pretty thick ice to break. "Well, a lot happened today," he began.

Sahari smiled at his attempt at conversation. "Yeah, it sure has. Makes me wonder what will happen tomorrow."

"I think I'll go visit where my mother died," Takara put in. Then as an afterthought he added, "Oh... you'd know about that, wouldn't you, Katali? I mean, it was your own parents that--"

Katali growled and jumped up. Takara gave a satisifed grin. "Ooh, musta hit pretty near the mark, huh?"

Katali started towards him, but Sahari sprang to land in between them. "Katali, NO!" she shouted. "Didn't you listen to what Jabari said? You need to learn to get along!" She turned to Takara. "And YOU need to stop talking about his parents like that - whether it's true or not!'"

Katali almost blurted out, "It's NOT," but he held off when he saw Jabari giving him a warning look. "Sorry," he said quietly and returned to his rock.

Takara also muttered "Sorry" and they fell back into an icy silence.

OOC: Note that I'll be gone from Sunday to Saturday, so I'll not be able to post during that time, but I'll be sure to catch up when I return.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari smiled as the cubs started to interact. Hopefully, Takara would be included soon, too. If they were going to survive out in this...place, they had to work together. Who knows what could be around the corner for them. But...it was up to him to look after those cubs. He had to make sure they were safe...even if it took his own life.

(OOC - Sorry about the long time to respond, I just started my new job and I'm working tons of hours )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Katali was getting a bit hungry. "I think I'll go and find some dinner," he said, and ran off into the desert, but not before assuring Jabari that he would be careful.... Takara and Sahari were left by themselves.

"Um," Takara started, "sorry about earlier, I... well, I wouldn't really have hurt you," he said with a grimace.

Sahari smiled encouragingly. "I didn't think you would - but I wasn't so sure when you knocked me over." Takara looked at the ground guiltily.

"Well, I was just, you know, angry... sorry. It won't happen again, I promise." He was feeling a bit awkward, this was one of the first times someone had actually talked with him and not been angry....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari walked over the cubs and sat down.

"The only thing we can do is move on. You did wrong before, Takara, but if you leave that behind you and forget about it, your life will just get better."

Jabari sighed as he looked at the two cubs. But then...realizing Katali was gone, he sprung up.

"Where's Katali?"

(OOC: As for Hawara, I have no clue where she's in. I guess we'll have to label her MIA. Dunno if she's coming back.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OOC: Back now, will try to get another entry in later today.... EDIT: OK, here goes:

Takara looked around at the surrounding area. "I think I know where he went too - should I go and look for him?"

Sahari jumped up. "I'm coming too!"

Takara looked at her with a sardonic smile. "I don't think so, Sahari. You don't know this area, and I do - I'll find him. Waddya say, Jabari?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari frowned.

"I don't want all of us splitting up. We'll both go with you Takara."

He looked around for Katali. He had to be around somewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "OK," Takara nodded. "I'll show you the way," and he bounded off with the other two following.

(OOC: Would you mind doing a little RP with the Sahari character? I like the character, but not as much as my other two, and I don't want her to be static and unused.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (OOC: Sure, I'll get on that.)

Jabari followed along with Sahara nearby. He looked back at the young cub, not having really seen her around before this.

"So Sahara...where are your parents?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sahari sighed. "I... don't know. We got separated during the big fire." She looked out over the Outlands and beyond. "I hope they're still out there somewhere - alive...."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari smiled and gave Sahara a little nudge.

"You can always have hope. Hope is what keeps all of us in the Outlands going. We can always hope that our loved ones are still alive...or that there is a place for all of us that's better than this desolate place...just keep your head up, alright, Sahara?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sahari smiled up at him. "OK, I will." She then ran to catch up with Takara.

"Shut up!" Takara snapped as she ran up loudly. Then he frowned. "Sorry." He pointed to where he was taking them - a large ring of stones in the middle of the desert. "I think Katali will be there. My mother was killed there, too... come on."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari had a feeling of caution brewing in him.

"Take it slow Takara...you never know what could happen up here...Sahara, you stay back here with me. We've got your back, Takara."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Takara had led the others to the edge of the stone circle. The walls rose about six feet off the ground.

"OK, I'm going in," he said, and fell to the ground. He crawled slowly through a crack in the rocks. Sahari followed after him, but he didn't think that Jabari would be able to fit.

"Jabari, you might want to climb over the top... I'm pretty sure Katali would go here if he wanted to be alone."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari nodded and started to climb up.

"Just be careful..."

He kept climbing until he reached the top, peeking in to see what was going on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Katali watched Takara emerge from the crack, with Sahari right behind him and Jabari scrambling over the rocks. "What are you guys doing here?" he asked.

"We were getting kind of worried about you," Sahari answered. Takara said nothing, just looked at the ground.

"What's wrong with you?" Katali asked. Takara looked him in the eye.

"My mother got killed right here where I'm standing. You know what happened, don't you? Your parents got angry at her and--"

Katali growled and jumped up. "Stop it!" Sahari shouted. "It's hard enough out here without you two fighting all the time." The others looked at her in surprise. She glared at them. "You both need to stop being selfish."

Katali took a deep breath. "But--but he's lying! My mom and dad wouldn't have done anything like that. Ever!" Sahari looked at him sadly.

"I didn't know them, so I can't really say. I do know that whatever happens, you two need to forget it and be friends - I'm sure you have a lot in common. Don't you think so, Jabari?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari nodded his head slowly.

"Exactly, Sahara. You two need to level your heads and work together. Whatever happened to your parents is in the past. You shouldn't let that serve as a bar between you two. With times as they are...we need to work together."

Jabari smiled at Sahara and patted her on the head with his paw.

"That was a very grown-up thing to do."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sahari smiled up at Jabari, then said, "I hope they get the point." She watched Katali and Takara standing off by themselves. "Out here, everyone just wants to fight their problems out. We need to think of a way to help them become friends. Do you have any ideas, Jabari?"