Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Your non - TLK collections

Reach for the light lionkinglover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Your non - TLK collections

Post all of your non - TLK collections here.

from spirit stallion i have :

- today a friend is trying to win me the burger king spirit stallion figures i had when i was a kid , but lost them in a flood.
    it consists of :

- little creek
    - the coronal
    - spirit
    - rain they are all MINT in their bags. :XD:

from when i was little do not have anymore is

- burger king spirit , rain , little creek , and the coronal

all dogs go to heaven stuff

- today a friend is trying to win me a subway sasha figure MINT in her bag

balto stuff :

- sitting balto plushie
    - sitting jenna plushie ( never got her )
    - DVD 3 pack with balto on it.
    - balto the hero storybook printout
    - sitting jenna plush ( person claims to have it so we will see what happens. )
    - laying jenna plush
    - laying jenna plush NWT
    - laying balto plush NWT
    - kfc steele figure
    - balto bubble bath holder
    - balto hardees set

if there are any more collections i have they will be posted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm trying to think if I have any other collections. I do have a stamp collection, mostly from when I was little but it's reasonable since I sort of inherited, my sister's, brother's and brother in law's collections when they didn't want them anymore I haven't touched it in years though, my main focus was animal stamps though. My friend's dad has this super impressive collection of bird stamps from around the world.

I do have a collection of bird photos, but they're ones that I've taken so not sure if that counts, trying to sort of organise and pull together the best of my photos and arrange them into species for better cataloging.

I would like to have a Watership Down collection, namely the figures from the movie release, but they are super expensive and hard to come by on ebay.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't think I have any other collection myself... I used to collect butterflies when I was a kid with my friend... We had pretty nice collection going on with names both in Finnish and Latin on about 80 different ones... but then we got lazy and kind of grew out of it so that collection is most likely destroyed...

I do have quite a collection of video games, but I don't really collect them... just play them... Thought I am a trophy hunter on PS3 so I guess those could be counted as collection XD

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I collect things without realizing I think.

I have a collection of movie stamps since I was 10 and was taken to see Anastasia in theaters. I'm sure some are missing; I also don't frequent the theaters these days.

I collect military bullets, expended ones. (Shell casings, but I try to find the actual bullet with the shell at the range). I gentleman from Russia gave me a .50 BMG (Browning Machine Gun) or 12.7Ũ99mm NATO caliber shell and bullet; it's my best one yet.

The one on the left is the type I have.

I collect military pins and medals. Mostly Soviet.

I have a rather cluttered bird feather collection. I had my favorite, a white feather from a snow owl..but it disapepared when my family and I moved from Ohio to Missouri.

4 leaf clovers and flowers in a book, dry them and flatten them in a parchment paper book.

Model tanks and planes.

Foreign coins and money.

Random artcles and newsclippings, somtimes..and scrap book them or collage them.

Anything to do with lions.

Neon color nail polishes (or anything interesting that is neon colored)

...colorful or shiney things...in this special tin under my bed where my cats hide...they don't like it taking up their space.

Those are my only active collections.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
    I have a rather cluttered bird feather collection. I had my favorite, a white feather from a snow owl..but it disapepared when my family and I moved from Ohio to Missouri.

4 leaf clovers and flowers in a book, dry them and flatten them in a parchment paper book.

Foreign coins and money.
    I forgot, I sort of have a bird feather collection. I lost my favourite feather though too, it was a Malleefowl feather, no idea what happened to it, but I'm quite peeved that it disappeared. My second favourite feathers would have to be the spotted pardalote feathers, they're so delicate and beautiful.

I don't really collect coins so much, but in my visits to the U.S I've been trying to collect the quarter from each of the states, I've almost got them all, there's probably only 3 that I'm missing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I donīt know if for american standards this can be called collection but... i like to buy:

-Bluray movies (i have about 210 titles)
    -Soccer shirts (i have about 40)
    -Original PS1 and PS2 games (which is pretty hard find here in Brazil, i have about 80 titles)

I still have some old dvds. but i plan to replace all of them to bluray.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In addition to TLK...

Non-TLK hyena stuff.

Tortoises/turtles stuff, concentration on the land ones.

16 ounce coffee mugs..Only 16 ounce ones.

American Girl dolls and 1/3rd scale paraphenalia, crafted as well as branded; I refashion them after mythological characters/goddesses for creative and meditative play.

Brochures from places I visit, I file them in a binder so I can always go back to it. Especially the marvelous National Park ones, those things are great

...And that's it for the active ones. Inactive collections of the past include: bumper stickers (One whole wall of my bedroom was covered in them as a preteen, stupid move though, they all had to stay behind when my family moved,) as a child My Little Ponies (not interested at all now though,) Breyer model horses, "realistic" animal plushes, Pound Puppies stuffed animals (the later two plush collections getting destroyed in a flooded basement,) fossils (I used to have a real dinosaur footprint, and dropped the collection inconsolably when it got lost in a move,) Definitely Dinosaurs toys (only to have my father give them all away to my cousins when he cleaned out the house to sell :C) and fruit themed stuff for a short while.
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cleargreenwater View Post
    American Girl dolls and 1/3rd scale paraphenalia, crafted as well as branded; I refashion them after mythological characters/goddesses for creative and meditative play.

Brochures from places I visit, I file them in a binder so I can always go back to it. Especially the marvelous National Park ones, those things are great

...And that's it for the active ones. Inactive collections of the past include: bumper stickers (One whole wall of my bedroom was covered in them as a preteen, stupid move though, they all had to stay behind when my family moved,) as a child My Little Ponies (not interested at all now though,) Breyer model horses, "realistic" animal plushes, Pound Puppies stuffed animals (the later two plush collections getting destroyed in a flooded basement,) fossils (I used to have a real dinosaur footprint, and dropped the collection inconsolably when it got lost in a move,) Definitely Dinosaurs toys (only to have my father give them all away to my cousins when he cleaned out the house to sell :C) and fruit themed stuff for a short while.
    Must have been awesome to have that real dinosaur footprint. So sorry you lost it. I myself dislike dolls, I don't know what it is. I got this really nice doll for my first or second birthday. There's a photo of me just after I've opened it and I'm super grumpy, I hated it so much It was a warning to my parents for the rest of my life that I would never be a girly girl.

You have reminded me though, my brother and I used to collect stickers, we never really got that many new ones, so we used to trade the ones we had all the time, though he was older and smarter and always got the better end of the trade. Though I still have an unused sticker sheet of TLK stickers that I got for christmas in 2000 at a guess maybe. I've never touched a sticker on it, it's always been too precious. I also have brochures, though I figured that was always more of a hoarder mentality of "oh I might need this again some day" type thing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Haha, yeah, I knew the American Girl thing would stop people dead Its only those specific dolls though, when they came out in the late 80s/early 90s they were the only dolls on the market that represented girl-aged girls, all the other ones were either adult fashion-oriented dolls or baby dolls and I had zero interest. These were my age, though! And they represented different periods of history with all the miniature trappings, too! The caveat? They were very expensive, and I never dared to ask my parents for one. Flash forward to discovering Ebay as an adult with some amount of disposable income, & the rest is history. Except I'm older now and so are my concepts of characterization, (even most of my TLK fanchars have outgrown themselves) so they are a college of youthful goddesses to meditate on now mostly. I have characters created after Artemis, Persephone, Hathor, Saule, and Morrigan, and am leery of borrowing from living native cultures or I'd love a doll to represent lovely creative Yhi.

As for the dinosaur footprint, oh man. I remember the day I got it because it was like receiving the holiest of holies. It was in this gift shop at a geological nature park in the very northern-most part of the state, and was in this very forlorn looking, mostly empty glass display cabinet. It said $65 on it in chalk at the corner, but my father was & is notoriously cheap and refused to buy it. The old man behind the counter saw me just pining over it though, reached into the display and made the 6 into a two. It was my damn pride and joy. That and my box turtle. Everyone had to see those. For YEARS, lol. I can only guess it got misplaced in some forgotten recess of the house when my father sold it to the next residents. I still grieve loosing it, my $25 dollar theropod footprint in thick fossilized sediment. Was not a small or light thing either let me tell you, it was a good 10 inch or so track.
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^Aww, that's so sweet what the guy at the gift shop did. I think I would've been devastated if I'd lost a dinosaur footprint too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Currently it's Pokemon stuff. I have loads of figures, plushes & DVD's. I of course have loads of Disney CDs in different languages as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I collect elephant figurines :3 I try to make em all African elephants cuz they're my fav animal but Asian elephants are cool too. Most of my collection is from friends cuz they know it's a safe gift for birthdays and xmas etc lol. I'd say there's about 20 in my collection so far... one day I might get a photo.