Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TLK in School

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    omg! i wish our school did work on tlk! we only do shakespeare or someting like that, but doing the opening of tlk would be so good to write about...
    anyway the only experience i have about it in school was when it was the last day in biology and the teacher put on tlk (i was so excited i jumped out of my seat! i got funny looks)

We only got up to the bit with were mufasa dies but when the lights came back on everyone was crying!

(really everybody loves tlk)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    my drama teacher always uses the scene where mufasa dies for an example of why people react so intently to movies however, i do not remember the exact phrase for that. x) anyway, i hear it mentioned all the time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Prince Simba
    We watched Der K?nig Der L?wen in my German class on more than one occasion.
    That's a great dub, no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My first grade teacher HAD too. Because it was written into my IEP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by DarkPaw
    That's a great dub, no?
    Yeah. One time, one of my friends told me he thought German was an ugly language. IMO, TLK is better in German, especially some of the songs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've probably mentioned in a couple of places but ill mention it again.
    One day I walked to my school and noticed that there is a small paper on the bulletin board saying "Are you tired of the old ringtone? Send us a new one and we might consider it!"

And I thought.. You betcha!

So now we have an instrumental version of IJCWTBK as a ring.
    When my class first heard it some started it me knowing im the TLK freak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah, only one school year later, and we've jumped from discussing TLK to discussing Requiem for a Dream.

We watched Der K?nig Der L?wen in my German class on more than one occasion.
    I'm jealous! My school doesn't even offer German.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah. One time, one of my friends told me he thought German was an ugly language. IMO, TLK is better in German, especially some of the songs.
    I think Be Prepared is awesome in German-I listened to a few others, and I think Hebrew might be the only contender there.

Anyway I remember once I was in school and a friend and I were jokingly singing Lion King songs waiting for the teacher. She came in and stared at us, and then asked us what we were doing. Everyone in the class room told her and were all begging her to let us keep going.

She had some stuff to do, so she let us sing IJCWTBK. Later on in the year the same buddy and I re-wrote CYFTLT to be a song about atomic bonding. The assignment might have been a song, so we started going and everyone loved it, doing the 'chanting' in the background. It was hilarious-the teacher loved it so much she asked us to give her a copy. I wonder if she still has it...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    How have I never posted in this topic?

Anyway. I've done a few TLK projects for assignments. One year in geography, we had to make up our own continent and have as many of the different types of geographical places as possible. I did a giant island shaped like Mufasa's head. I had the hyena archepelago and all these rivers named after various characters. I think my favourite was the Sarabi Oasis That was a fun project. I also wrote several essays on the film as well. I was looking through one of my yearbooks a few months ago and saw that the favourite movie that year was TLK. It was 94-95 and I remember campaigning for people to vote for it.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We watched it once in my Biology class because we had nothing else to do and it was the end of term!! I was really happy and recorded part of it on my phone to make *Sue* jealous and when she saw it she went to my Biology teacher and asked to lend his dvd because she didnt have it!! The Lemon x...xXx...x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    he looked worried when i asked to borrow it! but it dosnt matter now because i have the trilogy! lol